Live Play changes 12.12.12

9 posts

Flag Post

What’s your opinion on the changes?
Did you notice some bugs (unlocks not working is known)?
What do you think about the possibility to use higher rarity cards on lower tier decks?
Etc. …

Flag Post

Its still brand new but some thoughts:

I like the idea of being able to put whatever card into the decks as long as it meets the league cost. This allows players to use the cards they get when they get them. What I do not like is lumping all unlocks into a single ladder again. It is bad enough to work through the ranks of dragon to get robes, but to now have to plod through the lower tiers (or higher tiers more times) is silly. If I was steamrolling everyone like the top decks are, then this would take no time. I would like to take this new system (points etc.) and apply it to the old set up since you will get capped at earning points anyway with solider decks etc. Also you would then add back in unranked which a lot of players used.

There is a potential that the members who have the unlocks like judgement and dragon unlocks already will just migrate to ninja and dominate there. Right now dragon players stick to dragon since they can use their epic cards and get dynamic fights. The cost is pretty reasonable to put epic equips into ninja decks so I see many players modifying their deck so they can find more opponents. The majority of ninja players are not those with 500 card collection.

One major suggestion is to show the number of league matches going on. If it is 0 I am not going to waste my time looking for an opponent and likely go to a league where there are players. This is a step in the right direction with less penalty for losing but you still have to have a somewhat good win rate to get unlocks and climb the ladder. I still feel the biggest problem of live is drawing players in. I don’t have an answer to this but speaking for myself, I find that despite working on my dragon deck for months I cannot catch up to the top players I keep facing. I lose to cards one level higher than mine. There are a lot of high level decks lurking in dragon and a lot of the same players trade wins back and forth in there. I would be interested in doing that for coins and bragging rights if unlocks were not at stake.

If there was some alternate way to earn the unlocks like maybe unlock a new card for each 1000 global wins or something would be fair. That would require 12000 global wins to earn all 12 live league unlocks. The other cards like Repair plate requires 1000 live matches which is a daunting task. Thankfully it is not to hard to get a repair plate through packs. However the reeker and penetrator (unique cards to unlock) will likely never be seen in decks due to needing 400 matches in Master and Dragon each. Look I like a challenge to earn these unlocks but I hate when they are impossible. Again, just my experience so far.

Flag Post

bmuell01 introduced great idea. There should be visible how many league matches is going on.

Now it makes no sense with current aloghorithm. When there is player in your league then it just starts a match.

And for example yesterday I had situation that with my deck rating about 4,000 and live play rating 1300 ….
… it started me match with deck 6,700 and rating 2700 …. radiculus :/ Just wasting of ticket.

Knowing how many players are fighting it will be possible to establish if trying make sense.

Flag Post

I like it a lot better, but I have a good deck and a lot of cards.
It still has a lack of players in general… more players will fix most problems, but when there is only 2-3 people playing you will be forced to play unbalanced matches.
I think the achievements need to be changed… especially when they force you to play matches with no rewards(due to too high rank) just to unlock or collect the achieves.
Now the golden tickets are a joke…. if you can’t get enough free players in live, how the hell do you think you will get a paid player pool?!
I think you should be able to buy silver tickets if you run out of the 5 and just get rid of those golden tickets all together.( transfer any bought to silver) Take the gambling aspect out of it all together.
I also think that the equips strengths need to be reconfigured. Epic equipment in common league is OP, yet entirely possible.
Also maybe we need another league now… 3700-10920 is just too big of a range in deck strength.

Flag Post

After doing my new AA, a suggestion for assaults. The percent won is a nice number but I would also like to know how many assaults teammates have done. So 50% next to their name does not tell me is they have only played half of their assaults and won them all or if they played all of them and won half. Some number next to the % that says 5/12 or something. The match would tally if you won it or if you lost 3 times and could no longer play it. Thanks!

Flag Post

Two good suggestion I would like to flag +1 :

- msr6 about next live league – some kind of elite league for decks rating more then 5 or 6k.
- bmuell01 about AA – I don’t know if my players don’t participate or just lost everything… (or use some tries or all tries )

Flag Post

My one gripe about Live Play, is that it is still possible to match the same players over and over again. Is there not a way in the Ranked Matches for players to choose to “block” players that they have already matched up against during that 24 hour period for the remainder of that period to avoid repetitive match-ups and prevent dominant decks from just preying on the same weaker decks over and over again. Players could choose not to block people if they didn’t wish to, but for those of us that hate running into the same player several times, this would solve that problem.

Flag Post

I can’t win 100 games in the soldiers league, so I can’t get the master soldier achievment, my live rank is to high…

Flag Post

Not true, u can still get the soldier achievement no matter what your live ranking is