Please Change Elite League Match Selection

12 posts

Flag Post

Let me first explain how Elite League Match Selections are calculated for hard and expert duels, to the best of my knowledge. About 10 of your duel matches are selected using deck strength, and about 10 of your matches are 1 of 4 players above you in the rankings.

The 10 deck strength matches are usually much weaker decks, and pretty easy wins. The other 10 match difficulty are completely determined by how strong those 4 players above you are. This is a very unfair and boring system. It is very common for a player to go inactive, possibly leaving an easy or incomplete defense deck. If you happen to have these players above you, then you have easy wins. On the other hand, if you happen to have a much stronger deck above you you are pretty much be guaranteed to get a couple loses every day. This will happen until that player either becomes >4 spots above you, or you pass him. You could be stuck right behind this player for months.

This system is also very boring. In elite league you can be behind the same group of players for months, which means seeing the same deck 2-3 times a day until you finally pass them. I would love to see other elite decks, instead of the same 4 every day, 2 or which no longer play.

The fix to this seems amazingly simple. Why don’t we just have all matches be randomly selected from other elite decks? That way there will be much more variety, and people will not be at unfair advantages or disadvantages based on the deck strengths of the 4 decks above them. I know wild west tried to gets this changed, and since he is gone I’m picking up the torch.

Flag Post

Am I really the only one bugged by this????

Flag Post

How many people are in elite? I just got into diamond and there are 330 people in diamond and elite combined. There can’t be more than 50. Perhaps this is the problem why you see the same decks.

Flag Post

There is more then 100 ;) exactly 102 ;) … and reading such topics – I don’t want to go to this league ;)

Flag Post

With around 100 people in Elite how fun would it be to play 20 random decks from those top 100 everyday, instead of the same 4 decks for half your fights? There are so many strong decks I would love to battle, but unless I see them in an AA or live I will never play them.

Flag Post

given the pool is so small, i don’t see why not. Same should be for diamond too being that this means there are only 200 people in that league!

Flag Post

You have my vote for completely random plays in this two leagues.

Flag Post

I said it before with WW, I agree with this solution. Though I think it would be nice to keep some duels based on deck strength.

Flag Post

You have my vote :)

Flag Post

You are definitely not alone actuaryal, you should know who are the ones bugged by this situation far longer than you. Its just that I had asked lamatiel way back when would duel changes be made to rectify this situation and he admittedly mentioned that duel changes are way below the priority ladder for the developers. I just dont harbour hope for any kind of changes to be made speedily.If anything, the fact that it has taken this long before another person brought up this issue goes to show that perhaps the developers feel that they are justified in ignoring/deprioritizing this problem as this affects a very limited pool of players.

Flag Post

Thanks sword for the detail. I just find it especially frustrating because the change would be very easy to program, compare to other changes. I spend over 10 hours testing the last expansion for them, and I’m sure this change would take less time then that to fix, and would be so appreciated.

Flag Post

Agreed act, i thought that randomizing would be a straightforward solution that should be relatively easy to implement. Meanwhile on another note, i think that the duel system could also be changed to promote players to play regularly.Currently, i think the top few players are pulling away from the rest of the pack,we have situations where players are just playing duels on selective days to maximize daily rewards and thus they dont climb up the duel ladder coz its not in their best interest to do so.

One possible solution would be to reward the top few positions on a separate daily reward so as to incentivise players to climb up the duel ladder.Right now the top few are about few thousand points above the lowest player in elite, we can have a system where its possible for the lower players to gain points faster then the top few so they could play catch up.This solution would at least compensate the top few players in terms of them not being able get daily top 5(who may feel frustated/aggreived with the current system).