Ridiculous and/or repeating card names

16 posts

Flag Post

I noticed that new expansion has a loads of generic non-creative monster names. What the hell happened? Big part of my appreciation of CM is definitely fun and creative game design and concepts. With new Private/Seargent/Lieutenant/Major/General M/F, all the fun and mystique of each card has gone away. Naming cards Male/Female.. OMG, what, you fired the creative director?! :) (joke)

Anyways, I’d like to see some new unique names for each card, like we’ve seen them before. They need to be fun, witty, creative. It is a shame to lower standard after so much work in the game is already done. IMHO.

This thread can be used to throw your ideas for naming. What do you think?

for starters, I’ve came up with naming for the chaos common melee card which has earthmite on levels 3,4 and 5. Maybe – Staglamite, Staglatite, Earthmite, Rocktite, Stoneflowmite? :)

Flag Post

Just throwing ideas for the first card in the expansion 5 which is now names Private Male, Seargent Male, etc.

Jacky Boy, Jacky, Jack, Jackoo, Jack the Man

What do you think?

Flag Post

I laughed when I saw M/F. Reminds me of pokemon.

Flag Post

First names or nicknames is a great idea. I’ll admit I had more pressing business such as carefully selecting abilities and creating the rest of the content.

If you come up with interesting names I’ll gladly add them in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nik720:

Just throwing ideas for the first card in the expansion 5 which is now names Private Male, Seargent Male, etc.

Jacky Boy, Jacky, Jack, Jackoo, Jack the Man

What do you think?

tbh, your names are pathetic too… not cool at all and sound rather dumb. I’d prefer private…general…etc, its cooler, though generic. It shows how naming isn’t easy at all…

Flag Post

I think it was irony ;) … but if it’s serious … yes it’s pathetic ;)

Flag Post

Hmm… some suggestions for Squire F:
Knight-ingale – Big Bertha – Dame – Baroness – Joan of Paladia / Valkyrie

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lamatiel:

Hmm… some suggestions for Squire F:
Knight-ingale – Big Bertha – Dame – Baroness – Joan of Paladia / Valkyrie

Yay I rikes :D

Flag Post

Rifleman F: Granger – Bowoman – Bambardier – Destroyher – XXXploder

Flag Post
Originally posted by bmuell01:

HAHAHAHA

Flag Post

Tinker F: Evo Miner – Evo Crafter – Evo Fail – Evo Queen – Waste of Evo

Flag Post

Ha! Waste of Evo is a great name. I’d probably waste one just for that.

Flag Post

certainly the one card that level 3 name should be the same and lv2, and lv5 should be the same as lv4 haha.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bmuell01:

Nice one haha

Flag Post

Post moved to its own topic

Flag Post

Not a single comment to this? People see a lot of words and never bother reading it. I think it needs a new topic. People are turned off by this one’s header.