[UPDATED][02/28] Searchable and Sortable Card List

25 posts

Flag Post

Hi all,

Like the topic says, you can find this here:
http://cardmonsters.carlosjrolo.com/

Suggestions, criticism is always accepted. It is currently Work in Progress.

I will upgrade the website with new features whenever I get free time.

Flag Post

Very nice, good sir. Interface is very classy.

Bear in mind your competition is the ingame Collections tab and the Deck Editor, so you’ll want to angle your project to cover the things that it doesn’t. Could do with sort fields, especially by ability and perhaps by CC and HP.

Excellent job, thanks for taking the initiative.

Flag Post

- OMG mate is really nice, gj.

Flag Post

This is probably wanting too much, but possibly even a login system so we can setup a which cards we own/etc? :o

Anywho, very nice start to the database. I was thinking of doing something similar some time ago but lost interest in CM for quite a few months.

Flag Post

Great! Been wanting something like this to make life easier for me. :)

Flag Post

This week I will work on a card collection/deck builder. First it will be loginless (but you will be able to save your collection by means of a URL).

Flag Post

Cool

Flag Post

The page has been updated.

• All Cards from All Expansions Available
  • Card Abilities now Searchable/Sortable
  • Added an new tab for how to best use the website (Still a placeholder)
  • Placeholders for Deck Builder and Collection Builder in place. More in the end of the week!

For all os you using the website, remeber than you can search multiple fields at the same time.
Example, searching all Blue, Epic, with Flying just write: Blue Epic Flying in the search box!

Flag Post

Another update.

• Attack type (Magic, Range and Melee) is now available. For equipment this column will display also if they provide Armor

Now my focus will be on providing the Collection and Deck builder as fast as possible.

Feel free to provide sugestions.

Flag Post

It’s almost perfect to analyze cards for the deck.

If you are able to provide also cost of the card and value of melee, range, magic it will be ideal. Don’t need anything more.

Flag Post

The problem with providing the value is the card evolution. Since edgebee provides all the evolutions as a single Card I can only index the first one (It is possible to index all, but will take time)

My ideia is to provide the base card values and then the gains per evolution. Or should I provide the last evolution values?

Any suggestions on this? I think is what is really missing (Besides the Deck/Collection thingie)

Flag Post

My suggestion is to provide only lvl5 stats, because when you are considering adding a card to your deck you usually are basing on final stats if there are enough for you or not.

When I’m searching for new monster for my deck I’m always look into lvl5 stats – if this will fit my deck and if it’s worth to evolve, there is very rare that someone wants some card stay only on specific level (there is only a few such cards like vapor).

Flag Post

Ok! Then is fairly easy. Maybe today even I can update that.

Since I’m new to the game I only a few cards at lvl5 and so seeing the low level stats is still worth it. But for must players and as game progress your argument makes total sense. I will go for it then.

Probably will end in a column called “Max Stats” or something related

Flag Post

Sounds perfect, I was complain a lot that players can’t filter cards by stats and abilities in deck’s edition view in the game and it was hard to easily search cards when you for example need “courage armor” … I usually need in such cases go through all, in this example, courage cards in wiki and check which have armor etc…

now with your side it will be much faster and easier :) so thanks again !

Flag Post

Card List updated!

• Now the list includes a new column with Monster Cost, HP, Melee, Range and Magic damage at Lv 5 evolution.

Thx weshu for the recomendation.

Lets see if I can still put up parts of the Collection manager until tomorrow!

Flag Post

It’s awesome !

If it’s not complicated thing – may you also add range melee and magic values to equip :]

Flag Post

After all the trouble I had to get values out from the Expansion 4, I think everything else doable! :)
Lets see what I can get out before the weekend :)

Flag Post

Carlix: I also have to get the images from the game itself (cards are generated dynamically, only the background is static), and switching from single pics to one pic / card dramatically lowered the time needed to grab all cards.

Flag Post

What I actually do is parse the wiki pages and extract the card information. The problem with Exp 4 was the layout of the cards changed (dual colored cards), so I had to redo the parsers to look for the information in 2 different places. But now that is solved. About the armor and equipment all I need is to update the parsers for that cards.

The collection builder is not as complicated as I tought, maybe I can release it early tomorrow.

Flag Post

If anyone needs the card Info, everytime I parse the wiki I update a CSV file, and if someone needs it I will provide it.

Flag Post

Sorry for the delay but IRL are the reason for the delay. Should be up and running this week the collection support and (Hope so) the deck builder also.

Flag Post

Just wondering what platform you are writing this in? I am looking for a way to do something similar with a different card game and just wondering how ou are doing this.

you can shoot me an email at brian@brianstoiber.com

Flag Post

Just wondering what platform you are writing this in? I am looking for a way to do something similar with a different card game and just wondering how ou are doing this.

you can shoot me an email at brian@brianstoiber.com

Flag Post

Nice Carlix, thanks for sharing !

Flag Post

Hi,

I got to the point, that with all the feedback I’ve received I see people are really using this tool and see it further refined. As so, this current implementation is at best “dumb” (I need it when I started the game to check wich boosters to look for, etc), so, instead of patching stuff and create a huge mess, I will turn this in a full featured smart app. It will take a few more time, but when finished it will be a proper app, and way easyer to add smart features like some of the suggested ones.

As so, sorry but I will delay the release until I refactor the application and make it a full fledged thing.

I will still do a few tweaks, add a few notes on the instructions as suggested by woxow and others, so at least while I redo this, people will have proper guidelines.

Brianstoiber, I did this in python, I will email you.