Nerf to Grim Reaper page 4

119 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by SabakuNoGaara:

There is a very easy solution to the gr problem. Just raise its cc. People will think twice before they put an expensive card in their deck. It’s way too cheap right now which makes it an obvious choice.

Then it means GR indirectly becomes a ‘unique’ card cuz ppl may use at most 2 per deck, or usually at most 1

But i think it is a better idea than to make it unique

Flag Post

There is a very easy solution to the gr problem. Just raise its cc. People will think twice before they put an expensive card in their deck. It’s way too cheap right now which makes it an obvious choice.

disagreed. How many epics do you see on the sidelines do nothing, simply due to their pathetic CC? dont create another useless epic that wastes space please… there’s already too many!

Flag Post

@ kevinke6
NO, it will not make it useless but fewer people use it.

Flag Post

I’d like to point out that if they raise the cost of Reaper then they would have to increase the cost of the Deathstrike ability. So Reeker would be hit too, and any card in the future that will be made with deathstrike. I think there are solutions that could be put into place with a bit more finesse. Let’s not have another Bagpipes/Gitovahee situation.

Flag Post

What if deathstrike was a one time effect, like charge? only on the turn played?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ExclusiveStache:

I’d like to point out that if they raise the cost of Reaper then they would have to increase the cost of the Deathstrike ability. So Reeker would be hit too, and any card in the future that will be made with deathstrike.

Stache, cost can also be increased by adding 20 disease, 10 more armor or something like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bmuell01:

What if deathstrike was a one time effect, like charge? only on the turn played?

you know what, this is actually a pretty good idea. It would prevent the GR from surviving multiple turns due to OP flying, or fortify, and wouldnt allow a single GR monster destroy an entire team. we would need a nice buff on reeker, maybe drop to 3 cost and make it real squishy, with maybe charge/cleave?

@Tsizt
disagreed. let me provide a few examples-skull shield, iron fist, life giver, are only a few. dont make me list out the entire set of other epics that are completely useless in some colors, simply due to being 4 cost.

no one will use GR if it is at 4 cost. No one uses 4 cost equips, because they simply suck shit. If you use 4 cost equips that have no clear synergy to your deck, then i would be inclined to call you a noob.

Flag Post

I don’t know about that one time thing. GR kinda only lives for 1 turn anyway, so I don’t think that adresses the issue.

Flag Post

@kevinle6 believe me , only consider its cost first then decide whether it is useful is silly. Skull shield put on snail is not useful? life giver on god mush is not useful? More importantly, acid vial and bagpipes, sorrow not useful? These can totally change the situation and help you win. As long as you have enough sacrificial monsters or usable and your front monster can survive more than a round. By the way, you can use a 2 CC equipment to compensate for the 4CC equipment’s high CC.

I don’t think there is NO ONE will use a 4CC eq. If you restrict your deck only the 3 CC maximum for eq, i think you limit yourself into a self-created wall, unable to see more useful strategys

Besides, is deathstrike the SAME as stun, explode, or even regenerate? What do you think they should be ‘equal’

Flag Post

GR would still be used by some at 4 CC. The fact people still use 7CC Judge shows that a card that is good enough will still see play even if the cost is high. With 2 strong abilities + Armor to protect your monster, there are definitely people who would still play it at 4 (we won’t even factor in that it is easier than ever to get crystals now that resonate exists). Reaper is almost like a Backrow Judge that can save your monster from 1 attack (and occasionally can 1 shot their tank if they have an Eagle on the field)

LOL at Life Giver and Iron Fist. Those wouldnt even see play at 3 CC. Their biggest flaw isnt the cost but rather the fact that almost all Epic Melees suck when compared to Armor Alternatives. I don’t even think they would see much play at 2 CC.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tsizt:

@kevinle6 believe me , only consider its cost first then decide whether it is useful is silly. Skull shield put on snail is not useful? life giver on god mush is not useful? More importantly, acid vial and bagpipes, sorrow not useful? These can totally change the situation and help you win. As long as you have enough sacrificial monsters or usable and your front monster can survive more than a round. By the way, you can use a 2 CC equipment to compensate for the 4CC equipment’s high CC.

I don’t think there is NO ONE will use a 4CC eq. If you restrict your deck only the 3 CC maximum for eq, i think you limit yourself into a self-created wall, unable to see more useful strategys

Besides, is deathstrike the SAME as stun, explode, or even regenerate? What do you think they should be ‘equal’

LG+Godmush isnt as good as you think lol and thats only in green. Skull shield+snail is a 9 cost combo. Gl getting that out, when snail could easily go with gleaming, lion heart, or verminus for lower cc and overall better stats. As for 2 cc monsters-they all suck. I hardly ever see them… a 2cc Monster+4cc equip is MUCH, MUCH weaker than a 4 cc monster+ a 2 cc equip, due to the massive amount of superpowerful 4cc epics.

But fine, maybe not “no one”, but i would be inclined to say that prob only 1-2/10 of the amount of people currently using GR would continue to use it.

As of DT, no, of course it is not the same, obviously. Each has its own uses and work in different situations.

@Jason, LG might see some play at 3 cost, so might iron fist. As for squishy monsters, that is indeed a big flaw. However, there are situations that both of these cards could work wonders, if only they were 3 cost.

Flag Post

@kevinke6
2 CC monster ‘ALL’ suck? how about rabbit? plus an invin eq on it, even with 4CC devious boots is awesome. If that is what u said ‘4CC is MUCH MUCH’ weaker, you should show your deck to us to let us judge whether ur deck is effective and efficient. Yep, there is a lot of situations that u said will be untrue, so that’s what this game is so fun. It is better not to say sth so definitely

Flag Post

@kevinke: After you have tried Spirite + Gleaming Robe/ Protector, you realise 2cc monster is so difficult to tackle

Flag Post

Ah, my bad on bad elaboration-most 2cc tanks suck, not all 2 cc monsters. Ofc, 2cc AMs/Spirites/other powerful massively damaging backrows are perfect and awesome, simply because they allow you to place a 4cc super tank that can let your backrow survive to their highest potential, which again highlights why 4cc tanks are most of the time better than 2 cc tanks.

Flag Post

no nerf ☠GRIM-ƦEAPEƦ§☠™

Flag Post

ohh, the card. just add a * to it, problem solved

Flag Post

I personally don’t think it’s grim that should be nerfed; it should be the abillity deathstrike, like Bmuell mentioned.

If you count the cards, only 2 out of 325 cards have deathstrike, which makes it really rare. Not that ridiculous when you think of other recent/powerful abilities (Destroy, Invincibility, Explode, etc.) but if it wasn’t such an amazing abillity it would be placed onto more cards and solve the issue of grim being overpowered. And I’d love to see it as a more flexible abillity, because I hate it when only >5 cards have an abillity over a long period of time.

As Bmuell stated, maybe it should be a one-turn effect, like charge. However, I think that’s too much of a nerf; you’d need charge/flying/cleave/a dedicated ammount of courage from the back row for that to be useful. So I think that deathstrike should be nerfed in one of three ways: A) Give deathstrike a chance to hit. B) Make deathstrike only kill things that have been out for >1 turn. C) Make cautious prevent deathstrike.

A) Give deathstrike a chance to hit. 75% is a little overboard, but the humble 50% is a little bit low considering you’re only getting one hit with it as of now. So maybe something like 65%, although I doubt edgebee does such amorphus percentages. This makes it weak enough to add to other things, but still powerful enough to be useful.

B) Make deathstrike only kill things that have been out for >1 turn. Which is incidentially the duration of invincibillity for easy reference. So that means if you have something that can stop an enemy from murdering your grim/reeker (MC/Adm plate respectively anyone?) you can kill again, and again, and again. The only difference is the spacing between your kills.

C) Make cautious prevent deathstrike. A lot of sense; why on earth if you were cautious would you allow your enemy to kill you?- allow you enemy to kill you in one fatal blow*? Of course, cautious already does stop a lot of abillities, so maybe we could trade one. I’m thinking thorns, but oh well.

Either way, a lot of people did spend money on grims and it’d be a waste to see them get uniqued, or changing grim. Just nerfing deathstrike itself makes more sense as it opens up more options for use of the abillity in the future.

Flag Post

I don’t have a lot of sympathy for the argument that since people spent a lot of money buying multiple Reaper that it should be immune to Nerfing:

-They have already benefited a lot from being able to use it in multiples for a long time. I suspect that having multiples has already won them tons of matches/gold/exp, so it isn’t as if they didn’t already get their money’s worth.

-Many player’s have seen that it is OP and therefore avoided buying Multiples since a Nerf is a strong possibility. If someone decides to ignore this and instead try to use the OP card as much as possible then they run the risk of potentially wasting some money if it does get Nerfed.

**That being said, if Reaper isn’t Nerfed in the recent update, I will be running 2x-3x and suggest most other people to do so since it would be a strong indication that Edge is going to leave it alone how it is considering how much it has been discussed.

Flag Post

yeah most agree, make it unique.

Flag Post

IMHO. No need to make it unique, because many players have bought 3 such cards. This will be a robbery. Let it be costs: 4 CC for yellow, 5 CC for all other colors, 6 CC for generic. Yellow epic decks are rather rare in live play now, they need more advantages in dragon live ligue.
PS: i am not “fortune” player. And i dont have GR card yet, but I will have to buy 3 GR cards if admins do nothing.
PPS: In order to somehow justify the CC change, you can add something unnecessary (10 disease for example, as someone said).

Flag Post

@TeKToNRuS

If every change for the better in this game was dictated by whether someone loses something he’d worked hard for, there would be NO changes at all. There is always going to be some individual heavily affected by the introduced alterations. If some people have bought 3 grim reapers and the card gets a nerf, that’s only their problem and we shouldn’t care.

Flag Post

@TeKToNRuS

If every change for the better in this game was dictated by whether someone loses something he’d worked hard for, there would be NO changes at all. There is always going to be some individual heavily affected by the introduced alterations. If some people have bought 3 grim reapers and the card gets a nerf, that’s only their problem and we shouldn’t care.

Totally agree. One should think beforehand when he personally thinks that the ability is too strong and might be nerfed in the future. There is a informal ‘proverb’, one can use it as soon as possible to enjoy its benefit; otherwise its benefits reduce in the future.

When you buy it long time ago, u’ve already enjoyed many benefits it brings to you even if you can’t enjoy it in the future. Only people who will be affected when he knows it has high chance of going to be nerfed.

Flag Post

Sabaku, Tsizt.

U are right, but unique GR without higher CC will still be “must have in live play”… and this is boring, isn’t it?

Flag Post

I mean: if all have the same cards, live play is boring.

So if u want to do it unique, this is not enough. Do u agree?

Flag Post

like Judgement card. it was unique from begining, as i remember. and this was not enough (admins increased CC). Correct me if I’m wrong