Notevenpopcorn
Deck1: RD, Eagle, Musc
Deck2: RD, Musc
Deck3: RD, Eagle
Deck4: RD, Eagle
Deck5: RD, Eagle, Musc
Deck6: RD, Musc
Deck7: 2xMusc

Some Feline here and there, but all in all…

I still thin remove flying from this card, give 20 health and 10 damage to it and it’s ok

Flag Post

So if we are talking about solution as it’s dragon maybe flying should stay but someone mentioned before – remove 10 shield , add 20 heal and it can stay like that.

or as it’s red tank – remove all shield and put 20-30 trample – cala is now thorny beast… we need some new trample beast ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by weshu:

So if we are talking about solution as it’s dragon maybe flying should stay but someone mentioned before – remove 10 shield , add 20 heal and it can stay like that.

or as it’s red tank – remove all shield and put 20-30 trample – cala is now thorny beast… we need some new trample beast ;)

We have thumper for trample already :)
Also, remove all shield would make its survivability ridiculous compared to BD, with 20 less HP and less atk. Not very “tanky” at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Geradi:

Notevenpopcorn
Deck1: RD, Eagle, Musc
Deck2: RD, Musc
Deck3: RD, Eagle
Deck4: RD, Eagle
Deck5: RD, Eagle, Musc
Deck6: RD, Musc
Deck7: 2xMusc

Some Feline here and there, but all in all…

I still thin remove flying from this card, give 20 health and 10 damage to it and it’s ok

There is like 7 RDs and 5 eagles on your alliance,so wtf are you talking about?

Flag Post

I guess his point is that RD is overused because it’s OP, not complaining that you use it ;)

Flag Post

Yeah, thats the point, just posting evidence for my theory…and yeah, my alliance is not better or worse with the use of the RD etc. I don’t think any alliance in the TOP 10 is.

Flag Post

- I hope in next exp RD be nerfed or unlokable and all players in CARD MONNSTER have toons of RD+Musc+eagle+GR+Obs.espear and all players play the same deck….irnoni mode off ¬¬

I have hope…

Flag Post

I wondered when someone would revive this forum :)

Flag Post

RD is not OP imho…it’s strong as an epic monster should be.
There are many and many ways to kill them, either with a melee, ranged or magic attack.
It’s only 80 hp afterall. If it were 90, it’d be way different :P.

The comparison that someone made of RD to MC is not really fair i think, RD at the moment is stronger.

But the strongest tanks are chaos…Musc or BD have a lethal mix of melee-high hp that is really troublesome (at least for balance decks).
If i need to kill a RD 2 mages are enough…and i can also afford losing one keeping it melee, expecially if it’s a moonkey or herbalist.
I i need to kill a BD i need either 3 magic attacks (very hard to set up), or use a high damage melee to oneshot him…there’s no balance monster that can stand it.
As for Musc snail+2 magic attacks can work, BD requires more.

p.s. NotevenPop is #3 ;)

Flag Post

When they use RD + eagle, u can easy kill it by GR (adding ‘destroy’ would be better). You can also use snail or cala plus proper eq to kill the RD. Feline + mithril blade, magic stuff. A lot of combo can kill that silly RD (just a flying advanced version headless). Dunno these topic comes out again and again, like using judgement to cover their incapability of their decks.

@weshu
thorn + innate cleave would be fantastic.

Flag Post

If we talk about GR to kill a RD, thats a way to kill quite a lot things isn’t it? BD and Musc, RD if you get past the shield and the flying, the great equalizer…of course you need to have a flying ally with enough damage to be sure it works against a RD.

Magic is something I still have for snails and RD, but with reflect, silence wall, you can’t be sure that will work. A 6 CC combo is RD and phoenix, makes sure quite a lot possible solutions fail. Awareness ring can do similar things. Since RD has so many useful stuff on his own, high shield and flying is a combination that can be upgraded to a unstoppable force.

I don’t have that sort of trouble with BD, or with musc or anything else. RD is also just by so many high ranked players, it might give you a hint, it is OP, it needs to change in my opinion

Flag Post

maybe i don’t find RD troublesome ‘cause i have 3 magic monsters and a thorned beast in the deck… BD are bad for me…expecially when coupled with a healer…it’s not easy to oneshot a flying 120 hp.

Flag Post

My lethal lancer and mithril blade don’t find any of them troublesome, but I think the flying/shield combo is the problem here.
To me shield(since it’s not an actual shield armor) seems like an ability that gives a way to brace yourself against an attack(using your stance and the ground) in a way to reduce damage taken.
Flying is obvious.
Therefore the 2 should not both activate at the same time.
If the attacking creature is flying also then shield should apply… normal
but if the attacker is not a flyer then only the flying 50% should apply with no shield if successful.(unless flying is disabled by entangle or stun)

Flag Post
Originally posted by msr6:

My lethal lancer and mithril blade don’t find any of them troublesome, but I think the flying/shield combo is the problem here.
To me shield(since it’s not an actual shield armor) seems like an ability that gives a way to brace yourself against an attack(using your stance and the ground) in a way to reduce damage taken.
Flying is obvious.
but if the attacker is not a flyer then only the flying 50% should apply with no shield if successful.(unless flying is disabled by entangle or stun)

Definitely +1 to this idea. It should really balance it.

Flag Post

how bout ninjutsuit?

Flag Post
Originally posted by msr6:

Flying is obvious.

And after have op def stats like fly+shield you can ad another item to this combo like fenix shield, devius or protector/vermius.

All other epick creatures have worst combinatios, fat princes, molten C. or BD have shield+counter, shield+fortify or fly + nothing. For this RD is put in 70% top decks.

Put a RD + ealge+reach + MusC. and you have the deck of this game….the best choicee = op

Flag Post

how bout FP+VE? 6cc

Flag Post
Originally posted by bombadillore:

how bout FP+VE? 6cc

RD + Agility Bracers ( fly+30 shield + ignore your counter+damage explosion plus stun/tornail/silence) for 6 CC.

All you can put in 1 creatunre RD win with other item always with same or less CC.

Flag Post

RD is basically OP cuz it has Defensive Solutions to basically everything. With Flying + Shield it can easily shut down Ranged + Melee and the Cheapest 50 armor for it amazing protects against its Magic Weakness.

-Regular Melee: A 60 Attack Non Flyer needs on average 6 attacks to kill 1 unarmored RD. Add armor and it becomes insane

-Magic: Phoenix Shield/Awareness Ring. Phoenix Shield is cheap in Red and Shuts down Most magic and with its Innate abilities RD can actually risk equipping AR in the Front row unlike almost any other non flying monster

Ranged: RD + Lionheart laughs in the face of almost any ranged and most melee too.

Flag Post

Yeah, the easy solution, remove flying, since red shouldn’t really fly at all. Equip with flying can’t be red, yet the two most popular epic red cards are flying? why? Remove flying from RD, give him 100 Hitpoints instead, keep the shield, balance is restored.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Geradi:

Yeah, the easy solution, remove flying, since red shouldn’t really fly at all. Equip with flying can’t be red, yet the two most popular epic red cards are flying? why? Remove flying from RD, give him 100 Hitpoints instead, keep the shield, balance is restored.

No…maybe they could put a malus like: defortify…any kind of armor equipped on him goes to a constant value of 10…

Flag Post

I think flying and reach monsters are OP because GR equip is too OP. When your opponent have RD with GR you NEED TO HAVE flying monster to destroy GR in definitly 1 turn (because of rule “flying always hit flying”).
So ALL people NEED TO HAVE flying monsters, because of GR… (if u will not destroy GR in 1 turn you will almost certainly lose)
P.S. Whatch this forum – the largest number of posts are in topics “Nerf to Grim Reaper” and “¿Nerf RD?”. And (IMHO) this is one problem, not two. Nerf GR and you will nerf RD, BD, Feline automaticaly.
P.P.S. Musculard (and weak Conbra) is the only backrow epic monster who can use GR; Eagle and invincibility armor are also popular largely because of GR… First of all nerf GR, and many other “card variety problems” will be solved at least by half.

(sorry for my English, foreign lang for me)

Flag Post
Originally posted by TeKToNRuS:

I think flying and reach monsters are OP because GR equip is too OP. When your opponent have RD with GR you NEED TO HAVE flying monster to destroy GR in definitly 1 turn (because of rule “flying always hit flying”).
So ALL people NEED TO HAVE flying monsters, because of GR… (if u will not destroy GR in 1 turn you will almost certainly lose)
P.S. Whatch this forum – the largest number of posts are in topics “Nerf to Grim Reaper” and “¿Nerf RD?”. And (IMHO) this is one problem, not two. Nerf GR and you will nerf RD, BD, Feline automaticaly.
P.P.S. Musculard (and weak Conbra) is the only backrow epic monster who can use GR; Eagle and invincibility armor are also popular largely because of GR… First of all nerf GR, and many other “card variety problems” will be solved at least by half.

(sorry for my English, foreign lang for me)

Nerf GR=nerf of RD? You must be kidding me. These problems may be connected, but their solution is definitely not the same one. Hopefully you have realized that one way that many people deal with RD is with GR. While RD is indeed very powerful with GR, the removal of GR wipes out a massive way to kill RDs, while there are still so many perfect equips that can fit well on RD.

I understand what you mean by flying have to hit flying, and my suggestion to solve+counter your GR problem is to make Deathstrike a 1 time activation to prevent flying from snowballing the game. If you would like to continue discussion on GR with me, please post on the Nerf GR thread.

Flag Post

I also think nerfing GR will make RD even stronger

Flag Post

yes, I wanted to say what all these “nerf” problems are connected.

IMHO.
1) 1 CC to RD and Musc.
2) +2 CC to GR.
3) remove a rule “flying always hit flying” to nerf "feline
mithril" and to have more players without flying at all. (Magic, thorns and anti-air will be the only way to hit flying by 100%)
4) nerf Eagle and Flame, they are “like-epic” rare monsters. (may be also increase CC)
5) some more abilities to prevent fear or 50% chanсe for fear.

As result – more variety of decks. Not RD/Musc/Eagle/GR/invin in ALMOST ALL decks of epic players.

This is one problem, which causes boredom – POOR VARIETY