Roulette Request

11 posts

Flag Post

Currently, upon sufficient logins, the following are removed:
50 coins, Light Crystal, Moon Shard, 100 coins, Moon Shard.

Personally, the lc is the second-biggest possible reward the system can give me, being worth much more than the 5K coins or the Master Booster. Even for entirely free players with 100 light max, I am hazarding a guess that they would rather play more (have 1h40m worth of light) instead of some of the other small rewards in the Roulette. Having the lc removed after 50 logins is a negative side-effect.

Would appreciate if another reward were removed instead, such as Basic Booster, 250 coins or 5 tokens.

For example:
50 coins, Moon Shard, 100 coins, Moon Shard, Basic Booster.

Thanks.

Flag Post

Basic Booster, Advanced Booster, and Hard EVO are a total waste. Any or all of those 3 could be removed instead of Light Crystal.

Flag Post

Is light crystal ever removed? I have it open after over 50 logins. Or is there another LC that gets removed? If that is the case, I agree, it should be changed.
EDIT: Ok, I saw it. Needs change :)

Flag Post

Before 50 consecutive logins, there are 2 chances for light crystal.

Flag Post

Juzzie, this was brought up multiple times during the test server but apparently it stuck and it is the way they wanted to go. You do get a free LC in duels so maybe that was intentional to not give you too many LC opportunities. Technically the 100 tokens can be a light crystal too.

I have a simple suggestion that would help with Toggler’s point (which i share). Just give the option for any prize reward to take the prize (evo crystal, booster pack etc,) or half the amount of coins needed to buy it. So instead of a master pack or moon crystal you could take 4500 coins instead. Same for the other evos or boosters. It actually works out that this would make these prizes fall right in place with the coin prizes around them. Everybody goes home happy =)

Flag Post

+1 to bmuells idea (again). You can either take the prize you won or take cash (coin) value for it. Make it half coin value so Edge feel like they are making more money :)

Flag Post

Aha. Now I just find it a tad strange that the light crystal is there at all. If they really wanted to limit opportunities for it, surely it wouldn’t be there at all? Instead, in some sense, there’s now a penalty for having a logon streak.

Flag Post

LC was available from roulette way before you could increase your MaxLight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lamatiel:

LC was available from roulette way before you could increase your MaxLight.

As said, even assuming 100 maxlight, lc remains superior to some of the other weak options not taken away.

Why take it away upon sufficient logons? I’m not sure what logical process is going on. “It’s always been done this way” is never a good basis for anything.

If edge wants to limit the amount of lc people can get daily, fine, take that lc away entirely and replace that slot.
If edge wants to retain the lc but have a good system where consecutive logons actually reward the player instead of bringing a negative side effect, then please change the lc removal to one of the suggested ones.

If I could, I’d drop my logon streak to below 50, but I can’t do that without deliberately logging on for consecutive days so that’s a non-option.

Flag Post

Do the maths and once all is removed, the odds of getting an LC is the same whether you have 1 or 2 pretty much. Simple maths really. (Amount of Items on roulette/Amount of LC)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Griff18:

Do the maths and once all is removed, the odds of getting an LC is the same whether you have 1 or 2 pretty much. Simple maths really. (Amount of Items on roulette/Amount of LC)

Whereas the chance of getting ALL other favourable rewards such as 5K coins or a Master booster increases. Simple math really. And then, going by your logic, the time spent between 50 and 100 logins has relatively poorer returns.

This also assumes the roulette is entirely fair and unweighted. Purely anecdotally speaking, the majority of my rewards on the left side of the screen, especially with old roulette where light crystal, 100 coins and moon shard popped up many times more than 100 tokens or 5K coins. While not being able to conclusively say that roulette has weights, I have my doubts about an entirely fair system. If the wheel favours the left side I’d very much like there to be another lc there.

Either remove the first lc entirely or make something else vanish. Having a good reward that is removed upon sufficient game loyalty is poor execution.