Nerf Nerf Nerf and don't forget the Violence! page 2

35 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by irabelo:

Again, this is not a thread about wether or not RD is OP. That thread is here, where I explain why you find RD more often than other tanks.
Now, back to the topic: I mentioned before we have around 8-10 mainstream tanks. If we nerf one of them, we’ll have 7-9. That might solve your problems in dealing with a specific card, but it’s not increasing diversity, it’s reducing it. On the other hand, if we buff other cards, we might have 10-15 viable tanks. I ask, isn’t that much preferable?

Starting I want to establish that I’m on introducing new cards or buffing some old to make more good cards – and it’s solution to solve problem having one OP card ….

But I disagree with your point irabelo :
if we have 8-10 mainstream tanks and 1 of this tanks is used in 35% decks and any of the rest in about 8% decks.

Then if we nerf the one we have around 7-9 tanks – each used in about 12.5% decks : For me it’s increasing diversity !

Then I have more chance then I will fight different deck next fight. And it’s about this!

Now I have really huge chance then after fighting RD deck one of next two will be also RD deck.

Flag Post

I get your point, you’re right in some way. But are you suggesting that removing a card that 35% of the players use and forcing them to use something else would be good for the game?

But from what you said at the beggining, I understand that you’d rather buff other cards, so it’s ok ;-)

Flag Post

I get your point, you’re right in some way, but you’re suggesting that removing a card that 35% of the players and forcing them to use something else would be good for the game…
Let’s take that to an extreme: let’s remove all tanks, and force people to run backrow cards at front. That would add a hell of a lot of diversity. Would it be good for the game? Don’t think so…

I agree :) I’m on solution with introducing new good cards, boost bad cards, maybe sometimes only a little nerf something ….

I just wanted to point that nerfing a little sometimes can be good ;) show another point of view about it, that’s all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by weshu:

I get your point, you’re right in some way, but you’re suggesting that removing a card that 35% of the players and forcing them to use something else would be good for the game…
Let’s take that to an extreme: let’s remove all tanks, and force people to run backrow cards at front. That would add a hell of a lot of diversity. Would it be good for the game? Don’t think so…

I agree :) I’m on solution with introducing new good cards, boost bad cards, maybe sometimes only a little nerf something ….

I just wanted to point that nerfing a little sometimes can be good ;) show another point of view about it, that’s all.

Hey, I edited that post before you quoted, how did you do that? Didn’t refresh? :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by weshu:

Hey, I edited that post before you quoted, how did you do that? Didn’t refresh? :)

Some magic tricks … boring stuff ;)

Flag Post

Yes, I agree, we don’t have to talk about wether or not RD is OP, we all know it’s OP.

It’s a good example, if a card is that dominant, it’s better to adjust it, better than adjust everything else.

Flag Post

I agree very much with the OP. Instead of having such a negative “ah crap, this card just kicked my behind” outlook, we should instead look to make some unplayable cards playable for top-end decks.

The current outcrys (Flame, RD, Grim Reaper, etc) all have highly viable counters. There are many reasons we see some of those cards more commonly than not in live. Just because you got your behind whipped by one or see it “commonly” does not necessarily mean that it is OP.

When I get more free time, I will probably start joining in live play myself. RD+Eagle will be a card featured in my deck. Why? Well, I only have 3 epic monsters: RD, DM, Thumper F. My RD is currently level 3 and Im still working to upgrade it with swarms (been playing causally for 3+months). My Eagle is currently level 5. I dont have any other upgraded rare/epic cards and with the rate of progress in this game, it will take some time before I do upgrade anything else. Do I really want to use my RD for a PVP deck? NO! Its a nice card, but with RD (and Eagle!) my pvp deck will be a slow to play deck that will likely get steamrolled by others playing quicker decks. Do I mind? Not really. I am a PVE oriented guy in most all games I play, so I dont mind getting steamrolled by true pvpers.

Lots of magic statistic numbers ITT as well as the other nerf threads. Also lots of skewed statistics.

Reminds me of two quotes…
“73.6% Of All Statistics Are Made Up.” Hopefully you’ll notice the irony.
“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics.” – Mark Twain

Flag Post

What are the highly viable counters for RD and Grim Reaper?

-RD has an answer for essentially every situation and all of these are quite popular too so not like we are talking unlikely scenarios (Phoenix Shield, Lion Heart, Vengeful Entity, Awareness Ring). Even with a Flame on the field RD can serve as a strong wall.

-How is Reaper easily countered? With multiple monsters on the Field the Fear can mess you up. With just 1 monster or Eagle on the field you risk you melee dying to deathstrike. You could I guess armor every back row card but you better then be playing like 1 CC monsters if you are armoring every card you play on the field each turn.

Flag Post

Meant 1 CC armors not monsters

Flag Post

- For my is nice do best the no OP cards to can play vs the OP cards like RD or Musc. Really is best do this, and i can upgrade now anothers diferents mosnters to play vs the “old” decks RD+eagle+Musc.

But this is decision og Edgebee, nerf op or do best the useles epics cars, i vote for the second..

PD : I use GR on my crocobera with eagle buff, 70 damage with cleave, my death strike always hit, no proble your armour ^^ and GR on croco give 40 armour, no 10 but still fail 50% vs op RD and compani.