- ¿Why is so bad Backstab?

13 posts

Flag Post

- The first epick i give in booster pack, i am very unlucky, after i play this game i never give a epic before and today i give one at end.

Assassins Blde ¬¬.

Iread one and another time the description of thsi habiliti and i understant why the items with Backstab dont have damage bonus like reach.

We comapre AB and OS

OS : No bonus damage item, 3 CC, epic, hit on back row (no always are monster on br) and can hit steal. This hability is ncie for kill a archer/mage/reach creature but we know fear exist.

AB : Bonus 30 damage, 3 CC, epic, hit on mid (always must have a monster on mid) and is nice for nuke mele champ wit armour for example eagle+AB and RD mid = 30+80+80 damage “190”.

My question is ¿why Backstab no give bonus damage?

Flag Post

Because it can be used to target troublesome backrow monsters (like clam, eagle) directly, with a strong melee attack that will kill them in one hit (when equipped on strong melee monsters, like gladior or courage’d Bait Keeper, MD, etc.)

Also, I’m pretty sure it can hit stealthed monsters, which could make it useful in the current meta (flames).

Reach equips may be more powerful, but with that skill you are obliged to target the opponent’s tank, which is designed to take a pounding. The point of backstab is getting right at the opponent’s powerful/tricky but squishy monsters.

I don’t have any backstab monsters/equips by the way, that’s just my (uninformed) perception of the skill.

Flag Post

- Well i play vs top 10 alliances in our AA and are in 3000 points in live duel (4500 strengh) and i never, never look a Backstab card, but yes toons of “reach+eagle+RD+fear”.

For thsi i understand why reach buf damage adn Backstab no

Flag Post

As an EPIC ability, it should be stronger than reach but, sadly, it is not. Firstly, It can’t hit middle monster when then is no bacrkrow monster in front of it. Secondly, as you’ve said, it has no melee added. Thirdly, it is subject to the OPPORTUNITY attack that is when it backstabs, monsters with opportunity will shoot it

In my opinion, as an EPIC ability, AB should have 10 melee + hit middle when no suitable backrow monster OR hit middle when no suitable backrow monster + won’t trigger opportunity

Flag Post

Yes, you are unllucky, it sucks.

Flag Post

The ability is just fine. Its the card that is garbage. Not only is assassins blade an epic, but if you notice its a unique card! It is so “overpowered” you can only have one in your deck haha! It should get 30 melee just like obsidian, mithril, etc.. all the countless 3cc cards that have melee and an ability. The other upset of the card is it only costs 3cc for purple! Backstab is a good ability, but certainly not as costly and useful as it appears on paper. Conbra is ok, but you need to be ready to level it to 5 for some solid performance. Best backstab use is ying suit. It costs 3 generic and 2cc in several colors. Assassins blade should be retooled! Maybe give it armor to reduce the cost.

Flag Post

The backstab ability is great, but unfortunately you got the much weaker of the two backstab equips. Ying Suit is a great card on both musc and eagle, with stealth and backstab for 3cc (2cc in chaos). I find myself saccing my Mighty Mace much more often then my Ying Suit in my red/musc deck.

I’ve never though about using AB since it’s so expensive, but adding 20 melee would make it close it as useful to Ying Suit.

Flag Post

Also Ying Suit’s stealth avoids Opportunity, which is a huge plus when using backstab. An on eagle block opportunity hit for the courage as well :)

Flag Post

For AB, I am thinking Backstab+Cleave to give it its potential power…

Flag Post

@bmuell01
if add 30 melee on ab, conbra lv 5 + eagle lv 5 will make conbra with 100 melee which is too strong to attack backrow as they are usually much more vulnerable than the frontrow

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tsizt:

@bmuell01
if add 30 melee on ab, conbra lv 5 + eagle lv 5 will make conbra with 100 melee which is too strong to attack backrow as they are usually much more vulnerable than the frontrow

What?
Conbra already has backstab and doesn’t need AB…
Slap a 30 dmg weapon on it, and add in eagle, and it already has 100 attack…

Flag Post

- Another comparation posible is this :

http://www.edgebee.com/wiki/index.php?title=Musculard_Card

http://www.edgebee.com/wiki/index.php?title=Conbra_Card

No sense

Flag Post

@JLord333

yes, i was confused. i should use other cards with 50 melee for comparison