Two new abilities involving healing.

13 posts

Flag Post

Hi guys. Just a couple of suggestions to make healing more viable in the higher tier ranks.

Ability: Bolster
When this target is healed, it may recover additional health points to take it to 125% of its maximum health.

Explanation: Slap a piece of equipment on your RD and you’ll see that when it gets healed it can rise to 100 health (80*1.25). We could see GD with a maximum of 150 health or God Mush with a whopping 300! I think 125% is a good number to stop the ability being too OP for higher health tanks. Note: This does not affect the amount that gets healed, a lapia healing RD from 40/80 will still only get to 80/80, but if all monsters are at full health it could get healed to 100/80.

Ability: Energise (x)
When this card is healed it gains x melee damage for the turn.

Sounds a bit similar to courage but this would turn healers into much more of an offensive threat. Would work wonders with regeneration as you could guarantee an energise boost each turn providing the card wasn’t at full health. However I am unsure whether ability should limit you to 1 energise boost per turn. Petty Thief with energise 20 equip and two healers in the back could easily gain 60 damage for little cost (although if you have two healers you might be limiting yourself offensively anyway)

Would love to hear your thoughts guys!

Flag Post

The first ability makes high hp monster stronger, while almost does not affect low hp ones…also advantages those monsters with shield. Is there any need to make RD stronger? Don’t like.

The second ability is interesting…but melee is already very high these days…

Flag Post

I like them both, but I have a few tweaks to suggest… maybe change to bolster 10, bolster 20, etc. instead of a%.
And maybe make energize affect something other than melee… like a 50% chance to avoid the next attack

Flag Post
Originally posted by msr6:

I like them both, but I have a few tweaks to suggest… maybe change to bolster 10, bolster 20, etc. instead of a%.
And maybe make energize affect something other than melee… like a 50% chance to avoid the next attack

I was gonna make exactly the same suggestion for bolster :) this would solve the issue of not working on low hp allies and OP on high hp allies.
For energize, my suggestion is similar: instead of 50% to dodge (might be too much), give it cautious or “cannot be stunned” or some low tier ability. 10 shield or 10 wall is possible, but might be too much

Flag Post

Okay I think I agree with the comments on Bolster. So it should be changed to something like:

Ability: Bolster (x)
When this target is healed, it may regain additional lifepoints to take it to x above its maximum health.

Would be quite cool to see a really low health/high bolster monster (a Slime perhaps?) that you have to kill quick before it grows into something you can’t handle.

Maybe energise could give you one of a random set of effects, like 25% chance to give you 20 wall for a turn or 25% chance to increase melee by 20 etc.

Flag Post

Given that bolster would eat up an equipment (or monster for future monsters) ability slot, it needs some work. Having a fixed amount instead of percentage based would probably be good & allow for greater dev control. Might work better as this would allow for bolster 10/20/30 etc, which fits with how the devs like to do abilities.

Originally posted by bombadillore:

The first ability makes high hp monster stronger, while almost does not affect low hp ones…also advantages those monsters with shield. Is there any need to make RD stronger? Don’t like.

The second ability is interesting…but melee is already very high these days…

Youre kidding right? You realize you just contradicted yourself. RD isnt a `high HP` tank. Thus bolster would be pretty wasted on him (better off giving him… just about anything).

EDIT: Read the other replies after posting this. So pretty much everyone thought the same as me about bolster :P

Originally posted bymsr6

I like where youre going with this msr6 :3 Healing is a defensive ability. Best to continue in that direction.
Possible issue(s): How is heal* treated? 50% dodge is fine, except in this case. Perhaps in the case of heal*, whatever the defensive ability is (50% dodge, or whatever else) goes to the middle card?

Flag Post

Okay, how about this for energise.

Ability: Energise
When this target is healed it gains a random ability for the turn.

Would work like this:
40% chance to gain 10 shield and 10 wall
30% chance to gain flying
20% chance to gain invincibiity
10% chance to gain reflect and counter.

Flag Post

I disagree. High HP cards would be too much favoured i think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bombadillore:

I disagree. High HP cards would be too much favoured i think.

Once again, someone is spamming posts without reading what others have to say before him.

Flag Post

- The problem with this new abilitis is when him combine with the OP RD, and we know the god in the decks, RD + heal = gg ¬¬

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bloderprotector:

- The problem with this new abilitis is when him combine with the OP RD, and we know the god in the decks, RD + heal = gg ¬¬

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JuzzieJT:
Originally posted by Bloderprotector:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Hahahaha!
I think no one that in the place can be had the same impact of the sense.

Flag Post

I can agree to bolster, but personally I think it should basically have power and increase maximum HP. So bolster 30 on a level five RD would give it 110 max HP, for example.

And energize I can again second, but something other than melee/chance.
Maybe… Idk… Maybe magic but then silence is even more powergasmic…
Melee just feels a bit samey and a chance of random effects feels unreliable…