Comment on current pricing structure

17 posts

Flag Post

Let me start by saying this game is very well designed in being addictive and new every hand you play. I have had a great time getting to know everyone in my alliance and had a lot of fun climbing the ranks.

As we approach the top I notice the top 20 people or so have literally bought the entire deck by spending thousands?? Considering the average age is usually around 15-25, spending that kind of money on a flash game instead of groceries seems outrageous. It greatly discourages everyone by giving the excuse, “I can’t spend that kind of money so why bother playing the game at all.” or the view that edgebee is a greedy company.

What about a monthly fee? Right now spending is based on how addicted and horrible you feel about spending the money. I have lost several members simply because they spend 20, all rerolls, recieve no cards, feel cheated and no way to catch up.

My idea, maybe others can add to:

8,15, or 25$ a month depending on what fits your budget -

8$ – gets you the discount, 10% more gems and xp, free master pack.
successive monthly purchases give you bonuses, so the 2nd and 3rd month you get an additional master pack.

15$ – same as above but an additional 1000 token and choice of different packs

25$ – same but the 3 packs of your choice and 1500 tokens with the additional pack for successive months.

Just an idea that would greatly change how the vast majority of people feel and bring in a ton MORE money. Even with max decks you still have to change colors or put in new creatures, and it’s just impossible with the current token structure. I spent 20 awhile ago, recieved no good cards from the new packs, and now just play a couple times a day with my alliance who is partially afk and I’m sure spend practically 0 dollars.

I would suggest a max token purchase amount of 5000, but it might be tough to understand why this would be beneficial. The person sitting on top with a 2500$ deck just looks foolish, and everyone tells themself they would be stupid to do so. If everyone spends a couple hundred a year on monthly fees, it’s Way more fun because someone cant just buy their entire deck and the average player (which is 95%) can compete.

Flag Post

Hi all,
I wanna start by swaying i am not a grinder i am 1 of those “wallet warriors”
Now to reply, First off we are now in the gaming world of “free” mmos with most of them having the trick of being able to spend money to make a living and grow the game, now without big spenders its easy no game, for them to have a membership it would be lame how or why would i join a game i dont even know theres also so little videos or information about this game (other then wiki) that its hard to even get a look at how this goes, now imo edge has mayd about 5 million dollards on this game mostly by us getting this already membership thing which is fine so to put the token cap at 5k would be hummm let see very bad idea unless u dont work or have anything to do with edgeebees work place

Now secondly, if I or other “wallet warriors” wouldint be here what do u think would happen nothing would change you would all get owned by those real grinders and theres way more then u think ALOT MORE they just hide in the shadows alot, so on that point the newbs wouldint get any farther.

And last, wen i was a noob seeing boss decks mayd me grind much more making me into what i am today, if im gonna let better things get me down then i must not really look at the world well or be discouraged about everything.

So i understand what u mean and i dunno how to solve this on going problem, also the prices are really high now a day its about 60% cheaper vs 2 months ago if your a token guy so i can understand that were not all well off but i just dont think this is the way to go.

Flag Post

To say it wont work is not true. Many games have a monthly subscription which gives you most of the boost, and then if you want other paid stuff the high end things are limited. I’m not going to guess at the money edge makes, but 1% of the members paying for the whole game seems silly when 20% want to pay they just don’t think it’s a good investment (bc of the huge spenders and no guarantee or encouragement.) Basically spend 20 or don’t, you may get shafted and then outspent have fun.

They can steer away from grinding maniacs by having other limits, raids, alliance rewards, other difficult tasks that aren’t based purely on time. They can start with little things, but I would really like 20 bucks to go further if I was willing to put it down every month, why would that ruin the game?

Flag Post

so, Dave, basically you are proposing a way to give people a place to spend their money on? No. thats pathetically retarded. You will have your ass kicked 5 thousand times over by every single player who does not pay on a regular basis. I myself have payed maybe 40-50$, but to ask me to spend another 10-25 every month I play this game is outrageous. Rerolls are enough. Its not the fact that rerolls are bad, its just that your alliance members had bad luck. Why not spend on light upgrades?

The only reason YOU want this is because YOU pay a lot to play. I view this as a selfish act that only benefits you and possibly benefits your alliance mates. THINK for the entire community! How many people do you think will quit if this is implemented? A lot. A HELL lot.

Flag Post

An energy system + a monthly sub = never another new player joining the community. You can already set yourself up with a monthly subscription, its just called a budget…if you choose to spend 15 or 25 monthly, or none, that’s your choice…and then you could choose your own “bonuses” for what you spend.

There are marketing reasons most the big-time MMO’s have been steering away from the subscription model and into free to play, pay to win. At least with this game, you can still succeed over enough time without ever spending a dime.

Flag Post

I’m mentioning this based on the people who have quit. I myself have spent 40$ so far and don’t feel encouraged to spend more. I’m not sure why you attack me when i propose a neutral suggestion.

If you have spent 40-50$, I’m saying you could have done that over the course of 6 months and be rewarded for what you have spent and the idea that you will spend another 8$ next month. It regulates the income, keeps people around, and overall makes spenders happier because the straight buy to win model has a flaws.

So Kev, I’m judging from your horrific english YOU are between 11 and 12 years old and don’t have a clue how new ideas are formed, so lets try to be positive and bring suggestions to the table.

Flag Post

i wont lie its not cheap but as the prices have been going down ALOT over the pass months also has it been easier to get better card u cant expect to pay cheap for something it take so many months to grind for, it just wondint make sense.

Flag Post

I don’t know why you think I am against the idea of spending money. This would just do it in a way that would not further you for spending the most, by tapping into all veteran players and hopefully help out the people with 0 cards that have a few bucks to spend, since the gap from noob to veteran is HUGE.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dave_Yo:

I’m mentioning this based on the people who have quit. I myself have spent 40$ so far and don’t feel encouraged to spend more. I’m not sure why you attack me when i propose a neutral suggestion.

If you have spent 40-50$, I’m saying you could have done that over the course of 6 months and be rewarded for what you have spent and the idea that you will spend another 8$ next month. It regulates the income, keeps people around, and overall makes spenders happier because the straight buy to win model has a flaws.

So Kev, I’m judging from your horrific english YOU are between 11 and 12 years old and don’t have a clue how new ideas are formed, so lets try to be positive and bring suggestions to the table.

explain. horrific english? I dont have no time to go around checking every single word. Now let me point something else out: Your suggestion is in NO WAY neutral. It is simply an attempt to kill off the game. And of course, I do not want the game to die.

Now on to your posts content:
“people who have quit”… so, you are referring to your great alliance mates, eh? Now I ask you in turn: why did Wildwest quit? Was it because he had nothing to spend his money on? NO! Right before he quit, he spent a load of money to upgrade a load of epics to L5… and yet he was still missing a Glowrilla. The one card he wanted. He rerolled and rerolled, pack after pack. No glowrilla. He could’ve spent more money on it, but he didnt and decided to stop wasting money. No luck in getting Glowrilla MAY have been one of the factors that caused him to leave… which sounds exactly the same as the reason as to why your alliance members quit, which implies that it is NOT that they have nothing to spend money on! It is that they spend money but are not getting what they want.

Now to the 2nd point: Yes, I could’ve spent my money over 6 months, but money that has already been spent, unfortunately, does not come back. And unlike many out there, I do not have an unending supply of money, and as you imply, I am not an adult either. I am simply a youngster.

And finally. Judging by your self contradictory statement regarding how we should all be positive… yet you insult me directly… YOU are between 11 and 12 years olds and don’t have a clue REGARDING(your “how” doesn’t quite fit. bad english? could be.) new ideas being formed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zazel:

An energy system + a monthly sub = never another new player joining the community. You can already set yourself up with a monthly subscription, its just called a budget…if you choose to spend 15 or 25 monthly, or none, that’s your choice…and then you could choose your own “bonuses” for what you spend.

There are marketing reasons most the big-time MMO’s have been steering away from the subscription model and into free to play, pay to win. At least with this game, you can still succeed over enough time without ever spending a dime.

Great point Zazel. I back you completely.

Flag Post

Dave_Yo, your way of thinking is very limited. You have to try to see it wider… I know that all of it in theory have a lot of sense… I see your point…
… and probably in perfect world it will be working… but believe me – in practice when you add monthly fee most of player will gone… there will stay only the root, the new players will stop comming and eventually also this players will stop playing because of lack of active player every time…

It have to stay free, new player will be comming, some of those will stay and sooner of later probably will pay some money if they enjoy the game. It shouldn’t be changed.

And about your last paragraph – this is way of thinking of someone who has 11-12 years old.
Seriously … I’m shocked that I have to explain it to you but make judgement like this … wow …
but let’s explain – english is not a native language for a whole world !
Judge someone based of horrific english is makes you really close-minded.
Not every one is using this language in common life so it’s not so easy to put your thinking in words and sometimes it can look like be writing by 11-12 old kid … but you shouldn’t make such assumptions !

Btw. sorry for my English .. there is probably a lot of gramma and vocabulary mistakes, I’m still learning….

Flag Post

yeah well just read his post flaming me for having an idea, that’s mainly where the age assumption came in. Clearly kev is english and talking in gibberish, I would not retort with that comment if english was not his native language…

The monthly fee can be optional, right now if you put down 20$ you get 2000 tokens, if monthly was also available then you could do 10$ for 1200 tokens every month or some kind of small boost for those on a budget but still want to put money down every month. The old pricing doesnt change it just adds encentives for those willing to support the game differently.

Flag Post

in your example kev of wildwest, he basically spent all his money at once and had nothing to look forward to.

If there were bonuses for waiting a small period of time and then spending another small amount, the money would consistently come in and people would not purge their wallets, feel horrible, and quit. This is exactly how I lost my members, and now none of my guild mates are spending any money. I doubt this idea even gets read by edge, but I’m just suggesting the spending structure needs a rework.

The game will still be FREE, it’s just a different option for those wanting to spend money and support the game

Flag Post

once again not sure how I’m going to personally benefit from this or how a suggestion in this manor is an attempt to kill the game O.o

Flag Post

yeah well just read his post flaming me for having an idea, that’s mainly where the age assumption came in. Clearly kev is english and talking in gibberish, I would not retort with that comment if english was not his native language…

The monthly fee can be optional, right now if you put down 20$ you get 2000 tokens, if monthly was also available then you could do 10$ for 1200 tokens every month or some kind of small boost for those on a budget but still want to put money down every month. The old pricing doesnt change it just adds incentives for those willing to support the game differently.

Oops, I’ll say it right here: I live in Taiwan and have Chinese parents. Eh? I think I should be very proud of my current English, dont you agree? Don’t assume what you dont know.

A lot of people already have membership, which keeps them going. They feel that their $10 has been well spent. However, a monthly payment will mean that these $10 go down in value, meaning even less people will be willing to spend for a membership for a short amount of time, with knowledge that they will lose it in 1 month

Flag Post

Guys, come on, no need for all that bickering…

The main point of this thread is simple: you should be rewarded for buying tokens if you do so every month. Now this could be in form of membership bonuses, as Dave suggests, or some other way.
Imho we already have a bonus for big spenders. If you buy $10, it gives you 10 tokens/$1. If you buy $100, you get 16,5 tokens/$1. So, if you wanna pay $20 a month for 5 months, and get, say, 2,5k tokens a month instead of the regular 2k, you could just pay $100 right away for a better deal (16,5k vs. 12,5k). No point for members to get that membership, eh?

Also, economics 101: it’s better to get $100 today then $100 over 5 months. So the assumption that Edge would benefit from a ‘more steady cash flow’ is flawed. No point for Edge to do that too…

Don’t get me wrong, they could implement a subscription system. But under some conditions:
1. Don’t give outrageous rewards for subscribers. It would, indeed, kill the game for free players.
2. Balance those rewards with those from bulk purchases.

Not sure how that would happen though.

Flag Post

i would like to have a light exchange for gold. sometimes endless grinding makes you go :(