Poor Conbra

35 posts

Flag Post

With the change to backstab hitting stealth, I really really want to love this card but for some reason (and I suspect backstab costing a lot) this card has such weak stats compared to all other epics.

Conbra Lv5 has 50/80 and backstab for 3cc

forgetting about ability cost other 3cc epics
Kuk 40/90 (and 30 range)
Glowrilla 50/140
Musc 70/110
Feline 50/90
Thumper F 40/120
gladior 100/90

So it is a no brainer to compare Conbra to musculard since they are similar and should have similar stats. I’m still blown away at edgebee math that you can get all of musc. stats in a 3cc. No other wingman has hp so high. Also musc. is more versitile since conbra with no target does nothing. I can make a Musc. + assassins blade combo for 6cc and the closest i can come is conbra+obsidian which does give me 10 more melee but i would much rather the 30hp.

But since that likely will not happen, he should at a minimum have 20 more hp or if not, be lowered to 2cc since he has stats similar to the other 2cc epics.

2cc epics
Kronan 50/80
Wraith 40/80
Rabbit 80/80
Squire F 40/90

I think relooking at underused cards, like the recent calamity, is needed to promote healthy deck variety out there. I just got a musculard it is so tempting to level it since it is such a good card. take that and throw in some sadistues, it is like many many other decks out there. Speaking of, green dragon has become extinct since its high cc makes it much less playable that sadistue. perhaps lowering its 120 hp to something like 80 would lower its cc to a 4? Food for thought.

Flag Post

Backstab is powerfull staff now. Conbra for sure should stay like it is.

Flag Post

In my opinion, Musc lv 5 has too high HP and melee with low CC to play, making it relatively OP to other epics

Flag Post

to other epics ? … what about Glowrilla ? :P

Flag Post

glowrilla is easier to be killed than musc as, generally speaking, the damage attacking back rows is lower than the front row

Flag Post

Grimm Reaper works better on musc then glowrilla because of fear.

Flag Post

this is specifically looking at conbra. in the state that he is in, despite how “awesome” backstab is. he is pretty weak compared to other epics.

Flag Post

it just depends with which epics do you compare it. Maybe we should start also topic : Poor Glumbie etc… I think Conbra is decent epic and nowadays backstab is perfect weapon for flame, vapor, eagle and another important for strategies allies.

Flag Post

I am ok with having a poor glumbie post. Feel free to suggest changes to that. There is nothing worse than a crummy epic.

You confirmed my point. Conbra is a “decent” epic. Not great, not bad.. but decent. If you want people to utilize all of the cards it is important that they are comparable. The idea that Conbra is a solution to flame is only valid IF they play flame first AND the conbra is lv5 since lv5 flame has 50hp. After that one shot, the conbra becomes a meatbag like all the other epics.

That’s cool that you don’t think conbra needs changes, but I do and was making a case. I am not looking for it to become over powered, just be balanced with other cards we see all the time. Hopefully some other people agree with me.

Flag Post

I think they should make it rare to make it easier to evolve (maybe with 10 less melee to be ok as rare).

Flag Post

I think people are underrating Conbra right now. Equip a Lvl 5 Conbra with a Mithril Blade and he is doing 80 Cleave Damage to a Backrow (or even 70 Cleave with battle Axe). That will 1 Shot a lot of Monsters. Yes Musc has higher HP and Attack, but that is expected from someone attacking a Melee Monster that is more likely to be armored or have thorns, counter, etc (Musc is also arguably somewhat OP at lvl 5).

The only Potential prob with Conbra is that it sucks until its last levels, so it isnt like other Epics that are playable pretty quickly. However, many Epics have this problem where they do not become even decent until their final lvls (for example look at Kronan)

I also hate how people always compare epics to either RD, MC, Musc. Yes, those 3 are all very common, but all it shows is that those Epics are too strong and if anything that it is much easier to sightly weaken those 3 Epics as opposed to improving all 15 or whatever Epics to be as strong a those 3.

Flag Post

All i was asking for was some more hp. sheesh.

Flag Post

Snaching the opportunity I would like ask for more hp for Herbalist lvl5… it’s to weak to reflect… that’s all I’m asking. Even 10 hp would be nice.

Flag Post

Herbalist has duel color plus its great abilities as lots of people are using ‘crystal’ stuff, and its low CC. Adding 10 hp is good only if its CC +1

Flag Post

I have a Conbra level 5 in my mono-yellow deck and I can say he does feel like he needs a boost. Having a wasted attack is very costly, at the only decent way to avoid that is to put a reach equip on him. Having a monster that really suffers without a specific equip make the card not versatile enough to play in top decks (excluding fort monsters where you get bonus for armor equips). And having Musc+Ying Suit for 6 cc is much much stronger than any Conbra+Reach equip for 6 cc. I think lowering the card to 2 will make him playable, or add some HP.

And the fact backstab can hit stealth monsters doesn’t help Conbra as much as you would think. The main reason people were excited about this was because Conbra could kill Flame, but this can only happen on the first turn Conbra is played, before Flame’s demo makes him useless.

I am still trying to figure out how to make Conbra viable in my mono-yellow deck, but have not done so yet.

On a side note yellow deck can’t deal with grim (or fear in general) anyways, so my yellow deck will never be a top deck.

Flag Post

Since this topic was added I have been facing Conbra a few times in live play …

and it doesn not need boost ! this card is powerful … in combo with eagle there is terrible hard to stop the opponent.

If opponent manage to play tank, eagle and conbra you are screwed ….

Then we have conbra at least 70 melee (or more – you can add some equip) destroying all your backrow like crazy. You can’t use fear because of eagle, you can play more then 1 ally becasue of conbra’s backstab, you can’t use stealth becasue of new backstab rule. In practice it works much better then you could expect …

Flag Post

Perhaps but your problem is more with eagle, not conbra. I could replace conbra with any card with reach and have a more devastating result.

I give up trying to justify conbra’s stat increase. I’m just going to replace him with Musculard who is already overpowered and join the masses. Using Conbra was so new and interesting!

Flag Post

Conbra is not as good as Musc, but that is more evidence of Musc being too Strong rather than Conbra being too weak. 50 Melee Damage will 1 Shot many backrow row monsters as will Conbra + Mithril Blade. Very few backrow monsters are surviving 80 Cleave and we’ll assume for now that Eagle is not also on the field.

Yes Backstab won’t trigger if only Melee is on the field, but we are used to cards being useless in some situations (for example Ranged in Melee position). Plus, on the bright side having a Conbra will make the opponent play slower since just summoning 1 backrow to get 1 shot by Conbra makes them less likely to do so.

Flag Post

Conbra is a powerful card and very good in live dragon right now. It’s stats don’t look well on paper but neither do Dye’s. A card doesn’t need devastating melee and hp to be usable right now, the fact that it hits stealth fills a niche that’s much needed right now and Conbra will do the job it needs to do without a boost. Ask Shadowhacker on his opinion of the card. The reason you don’t see a lot of these is from the general mindset here that it’s generally not worth the time to put into, but level 5 conbras are making huge impacts on the games they’re in. More so than a lot of other back row epics right now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bmuell01:

Perhaps but your problem is more with eagle, not conbra. I could replace conbra with any card with reach and have a more devastating result.

I give up trying to justify conbra’s stat increase. I’m just going to replace him with Musculard who is already overpowered and join the masses. Using Conbra was so new and interesting!

As ExlusiveStache explained – when in this scenario you replace cobra with musc or any other reach then you can easily play flame, and invincibilty on tank and you are save. With conbra in play your 2 allys are in danger – so invicibility or stelth doesn’t help…

anyway … I think Exlusive put all it perfectly. I was thinking that conbra is only decent until I have started facing it in Dragon Live …

Flag Post

Glumbie isnt too bad the problem with it is just that is not good untill lvl 5.

Flag Post

It’s still terrible on lvl5.

Flag Post

Compared to the other 4cc epics (RD, BD, FP, MC, Mush), Glumbie isn’t even close to as good. If regen was 100% instead of 50% than she would be very interesting, but when they nerfed regen they forgot to adjust her stats to keep her playable.

Flag Post

4CC Epics, mush who? If you meant musc, that not 4CC, and purple has so many epics, some of them just had to be weaker than others.

The sad thing would be to compare Glumbie with Demon Dwarf, 10 less melee, magic and life, rare instead of epic, fear instead of reg an 1 CC less. So it’s the same card, just epic and more expensive and a less useful ability (most of the time), they don’t call level 5 Sad Jessie for nothing…

Flag Post

Give Glumbie 30 range instead of 40 melee and make her cost 3cc at lv5. Now we are talking!