Suggestions Thread page 5

194 posts

Flag Post

You can gain those cards you see displayed for gems in the store within packs and no singles should stay with a gem cost as the developers needs a source of revenue and not everything should be gold priced. (Their is alternatives with packs being gold + gem costing)

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

You can gain those cards you see displayed for gems in the store within packs and no singles should stay with a gem cost as the developers needs a source of revenue and not everything should be gold priced. (Their is alternatives with packs being gold + gem costing)

Alright, thanx for the answers!

Flag Post
Originally posted by iofstorm:

And please give us some gold when we surrender .

Sometimes we dont have time to play , or we don’t want to waste time on a game which we’ll definitely lose.
No need to cancel the forfeit reward which was already very little. That makes nonsense.

You’re just making the players uncomfortable , and driving the casual players away. Does it do any good for you ?

In the first place there wasn’t to be rewards for players who lost but the developers felt they needed a way to help players gain gold. Therefore if you lose you still gain however if you surrender you quit the game so you wouldn’t be gaining gold. If your idea was used it would lead to an exploit where many players will quit matches in Epic Arena gaining gold easily rather then playing matches.

Its not an exploit because you are forgoing the win for a loss’ amount of gold. It was a good way for people to ‘burn’ their energy for gold when they did not have time to play full matches or bored/tired of playing at the time. ALOT of people enjoyed being able to progress even when pressed for time. It is different from saying gaining gold while not logging in for months, this still requires the player to log in every 2-4 hours to ‘use up’ their energy.

Please reconsider, it was a good way for people to progress when pressed for time in between work, or bored of playing TONS of matches straight, especially when the max energy is not that high. It really is inconvenient to come on every 2-4 hours already, if we had to play full matches EVERY 2-4 hours to efficiently use our energy, it starts to become a chore and playing a game should never feel like a chore. (Although logging in every 2-4 hours to concede does already feel like a chore, it is MUCH less of one than it currently is now)

One of the reasons for me to start playing this game was that because this game had good progress for time spend on the game, and also the reason I rated this game 5/5. But changing this decision in giving gold for conceding really felt like a low blow to some of us players that was very drawn in by this feature. Now this game has just become a chore of mad grinding every 2-4 hours. It was fine before when we were allowed the choice of gaining gold by playing and gaining gold by logging in to concede for gold. It offered progression for the players and gave them the choice of how and when they want to “play” the game.

Playing and grinding this game can be boring after hours of play, which is why the conceding for gold option was appealing to fill in the times when you really did not want to play the game.

Or if you must, give less gold for conceding matches rather than losing matches?

Flag Post

If the above isn’t possible, here is a suggestion I’d like to put in.

Allow us to have an option to “Powerplay” matches.
Basically and for example, Gold arena right now costs 5 energy per match and for winning a gold arena match, we get 275 gold.

The Powerplay option could allow us to use up to 10, 15, 20, or 25 energy for 2, 3, 4, or 5x the gold reward with the outcome of just that 1 match. Of course if the person lost, they also get the losing rewards. So basically playing 1 game to decide the outcome of 1-5 games.

This can do the same thing to help some of us that are pressed for time and cannot just sit in front of the computer everyday for a long time to use up our energy to play the game and progress.

Lastly, can you guys speed up the “Your turn” “Their turn” Thing that flash across the screen in between turns? It is THE thing that takes up the most time in matches, if you guys can eliminate it and use some other method to show turns, or speed it way up, it will drop the amount of time per match by A TON. I mean everyone that plays this game knows that after the creature attacks, that player’s turn ends, it is pretty pointless to flash that thing across the screen every single time. When we have to play so many matches to use up our energy for grinding, the time it takes for those things to fly around adds up.

While you guys are at it, please let us speed up animations even faster.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotaway:

If the above isn’t possible, here is a suggestion I’d like to put in.

Allow us to have an option to “Powerplay” matches.
Basically and for example, Gold arena right now costs 5 energy per match and for winning a gold arena match, we get 275 gold.

The Powerplay option could allow us to use up to 10, 15, 20, or 25 energy for 2, 3, 4, or 5x the gold reward with the outcome of just that 1 match. Of course if the person lost, they also get the losing rewards. So basically playing 1 game to decide the outcome of 1-5 games.

This can do the same thing to help some of us that are pressed for time and cannot just sit in front of the computer everyday for a long time to use up our energy to play the game and progress.

I like this idea alot, even more so with real pvp coming out soon where match are gonna be way longer.

Flag Post

Hey ho!
To adress the comment above: Nice Idea, maybe with live pvp the energy/reward should be raised in general to make up for the longer match time.

Since the Devs were asking arround for opinions lately, I got some suggestions for the upcoming tournaments myself.
There arent only my ideas, I just want to sum up what I liked.
From what I heard, you will be able to gamble for gems, wich is great :)

In my opinion, there should be a great diversity of different tournaments.

1. The “normal” tourney divisions, wich the devs are already planning out (or so I heard):
A tourneymode for newcomers, one tourney that has rules arround the gold arena division now, and one with always changing rules.

2. I personally dislike torneys running long time (like a week or even a whole day). Thats more of an arena ladder ranking and could be rewarded with gold, too to attract more gameplay and vicious maches. I once played a tcg where there were several tourneys each two hours for an hour with seriously sick rewards (ok the coummity was really big) and it worked out really great.

So probably when you log in and click tourney there could be a tournament list like this:
I
I
I
Tournaments today:
Running (standard gold rules tourney only t2, 100k gold guaranteed) buy in: 20 energy
Running (enforced rule set, 30k guaranteed) buy in: 5 gems
(time) Registering (standard gold rules tourney, long, 200k guaranteed) buy in: 40 energy
(time) Registering (new player tourney restrictions, 25k guaranteed)
(time) Registering (standard gold rules tourney, 5 gem buy in, 90k guaranteed) buy in: 5 gems
(time) Registering (weekly 500k gold rules tourney, 500k guaranteed) buy in: 2500 gold
(time) Registering (2 (or 1) loose youre out gold rules tourney, 50k gtd) buy in: 1000 gold
I
I
And so on. Yeah you obviously can see its build up like a pokersites tournament bracket, but why the hell not? I think it works best. Will definetly attract a hell of a lot more players. Obviously this way a lot can vary. The collected gems will be distributed amongst the winners or smth. You could even go for something like a rake. I suggest the length of a tourney should be between 1 and 2 hours, where people play as many matches as they possibly can to collect points. Also I wouldnt include energy in the tournament itself, after getting in you can play as much as you possibly can.
Except for the last one on the list, its a fast tourney where after every match the player pool will be halfed since the loosing ones will be out of the tourney. I dont know about the gold amount you distribute, but it should be arround 4-5 packs for the 1st place and minimum the first 20% of players getting something out of it so its really worth playing it. With rising player pools even more:)

Oh yeah, I forgot, obviously if you use this ideas I´ll charge you 150 gems :p

what do you think about it?;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotaway:
Originally posted by iofstorm:

And please give us some gold when we surrender .

Sometimes we dont have time to play , or we don’t want to waste time on a game which we’ll definitely lose.
No need to cancel the forfeit reward which was already very little. That makes nonsense.

You’re just making the players uncomfortable , and driving the casual players away. Does it do any good for you ?

In the first place there wasn’t to be rewards for players who lost but the developers felt they needed a way to help players gain gold. Therefore if you lose you still gain however if you surrender you quit the game so you wouldn’t be gaining gold. If your idea was used it would lead to an exploit where many players will quit matches in Epic Arena gaining gold easily rather then playing matches.

What about basing it off the percentage of cards you’ve played? Such as…

gold_earned_on_surrender = gold_earned_on_defeat * your_cards_played / your_total_cards.

So for epic, gold_earned_on_defeat is 100 and your_total_cards is 60. You wouldn’t get a full 100 back unless you surrendered after playing all 60 of your cards. Quit right away, and you only get a couple gold.

Flag Post

Quitting right away should give no gold because you did nothing to earn that gold.

Flag Post

I’d like to change my ingame name plz. It would be okay for me if it costs some gems.

Flag Post

Quitting right away should give no gold because you did nothing to earn that gold.

Yep, that’s what my equation says.

Flag Post

Add a Rune Word that makes creatures’ on play ability go off every turn.

Flag Post

Add an option to adjust in game sound and music. Not just an option to turn it on or off.

Flag Post

Make the game less awesome. Sorry, but I got an ‘ERROR TYPE 11: This game became too awesome for your computer to handle. Sorry for the inconvenience.’ >.<

And, um, where is the card suggestion forum?

Flag Post

Divine-Resurrected creature should come back to life at buffed stats , however when I resurrect my Angel , she lost her Divine fury buff and come back at 2/2.

It works on “real” creatures (Slayer of the Damned , etc.) , but has some bugs on summoned creatures.

Flag Post

It should be optional which card you discard, when your hand is full. The fact it sometimes take my trump card instead of just asking which one i don’t want, ruins my strategy .

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zeanobia:

It should be optional which card you discard, when your hand is full. The fact it sometimes take my trump card instead of just asking which one i don’t want, ruins my strategy .

Yeah especially annoying when you’re keeping a card like flashback for the right moment and then the opponent unsummon one of your creature.

I’ld like to see that option added as well, cause for now to play it safe you cant keep more than 3 cards in hand.

Flag Post

It is optional. Just discard it before end of turn for mana.

Flag Post
Originally posted by postDVS:

It is optional. Just discard it before end of turn for mana.

It isnt enough. Sometimes you have four cards, but the opponent unsummon your creature (spell. Fear), or increase the drawing cards (rune, knowledge). So, even if you prepare, you will end up discarding a card that you need.

Flag Post

Not to mention that i might not even want the new card because my hand is already perfect

Flag Post

another even more challanging difficulty for the campaign would be awesome :)

Flag Post

How about taking 1 damage if your hand is full and not drawing a card at all?

Flag Post
Originally posted by maxoe:

another even more challanging difficulty for the campaign would be awesome :)

Ultra Insane? lol

Flag Post

Please please make it so when i click on the card it defends. It’s much bigger hastle to have to scroll over and click the “defend” button. You can make the over function be both click on defend or on card. Their is no reason it shouldn’t be auto defaulting to that.

Additionally, the “discard” card button is a bit foreign, wish it had better way to interact, but not sure exactly. Due to the fact most noobs won’t realize discarding cards = 1 mana, I highly reccomend making accidentally over-size hand card discards an automatic +1 mana. Would also help for lazy players too who are just trying to cycle cards and too lazy to keep discarding 1 by 1.

Flag Post

I know there are some buffs coming to Arcanos in the next patch last I heard was schedules some time this week, but the only buffs I heard were for mana. So I wont be talking about those changes since we will find out soon enough. What I would like to suggest to make Arcanos feel more reliable is changing of Harness Lightning and Harness Fire. I do in fact like Elemental Outburst and see it as a great finisher.

I would like to change Harness Lightning to give 1/0 to a creature with haste. Adding 2 and 3 stars would respectively increase this to give +1/1, and 2/1. All levels set to 4 charges. This gives him much more reliability and still maintains the feel and flavor originally sought after in his current iteration.

I would also like to change Harness Fire to when a card is discarded the enemy hero takes 1 (fire) damage. This way the ability is a double edged sword, while giving you mana and doing damage you lose cards, whats worth it? From a personal note i just had an enemy at 1 health and I casted two fireballs to which I didn’t get a proc on just 1 damage! Level 1: 30% chance when discarding a card to deal 1 damage to enemy hero. level 2 and 3 are at 60 and 100% chance respectively.

These changes would not change the feel of Arcanos, but increase his usability. Since currently many elemental spells are needed to even make Harness Fire worth it. I feel these changes would bring Arcanos in like with the other T2 heroes. I am open to any opinions.

PS This topic was also just added to the Kingdoms CCG forums suggestion since I wasn’t sure which would get more views.

Flag Post

I think Harness Lightning should still give creatures haste, just as a charge ability rather than a random proc. I like your idea for Harness Fire, though. It would have a bit of synergy with Elemental Outburst, giving you more incentive to pitch some cards rather than take the hit.