v0.9 is LIVE!!!
v0.9 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 7:30 (EST) on 11/20/12
A crafting system has been added! Players can now combine ‘Stones’ and ‘Essence’ to create any card from the main sets!
Stones are the foundation of the crafting. They determine what you will build. They can be from a Card Type, Card Set or Bundle Set. Examples: Core Stone, Gear Stone, Spooky Stone etc.
Essence determine the rarity level and kingdom alignment of the item crafted. There is 7 different essences, each representing a Kingdom and Unaligned. The amount of essence added will determine the rarity level. The % of each essence added will determine the Kingdom alignment.
There will be 10 crafting levels to start. At level 1 you can only craft commons. The more you craft, the more XP you earn, increasing your level. The higher the level, the more essence you can add when crafting, increasing the rarity of items you can make.
Acquiring Essence and Stones
There are a few different ways to acquire both essence and stones:
Scrapping: After you acquire a single card, any duplicates can be scrapped for Essence or Stones. Stones only drop on Uncommon+ cards. The amount of essence dropped is determined by the rarity of the item being broken down
Gem Packs: Any pack purchased with gems will always yield some Essence and sometimes Stones.
Daily Chance: Daily chests now can include Essence and Stones
With this feature addition, 3 new Crafting achievements have been added for a total of 17 gems!
Singles for Gold
Say what? That’s right. The existing singles shop has switched to be Gold prices only! It now rotates once an hour and everyone sees the same items (but don’t worry, each persons single inventory is their own, meaning someone else can’t buy your items). The Gold prices will be driven using a dynamic pricing model. The latest set will not show up in here.
Each card (based on rarity) will have a base Gold or Gem value attached to it, then, driven by the players demand and use rates the price will either increase, or decrease! Prices will update at a specific time cycle, which will be displayed in the shop.
Purchase any Single!
A NEW catalog of singles has been added. Now you will be able to search through any of the main card sets and pick up any card you want for a Gem price determined by the dynamic market! All sets are included after their pre-sale period.
Mana Cost Altering Cards
All cards that affect Mana cost of other cards, now only affect the casting cost of cards in your hand. This change was done because many of the current reducing cards inadvertently caused a negative effect by lowering the cost of the cards already in play. Examples of this were Omni Cloak, Engineers Ring causing weaker creatures to be assembled by Dravkas, or Maelstrom Priestess lowering mana cost of spells that can get triggered by Arcanos’ Visceral Flames ability.
If a card would trigger off the Mana cost of a card being played, it will go by the base cost always.
Added a whole bunch more battle effects for visual clarity of whats going on and feel, including:
- Magic vs Physical damage effect
- Hero enter animation
- Hero death effect
- A few status effect effects
- A few more battle UI effects
Note: This is a preview, some numbers might change before final release
The war experience has been revamped to make the war more interesting instead of just an energy race. Now when guilds go to war, each guild can only do 100 battles total with each member be capped at a maximum of 20 battles (out of the 100). The total number of wins at the end of the war, will determine the victor. For each battle win, gold will be added to a pot, which will be split based on participation. If your guild is victorious, each player will receive up to a 3x bonus to that gold amount. There will no longer be energy required to do guild battles. Honor will be accumulated after each win, and is independent from the war outcome. Quests have been removed so they don’t conflict with trying to maximize your win ratios. In the event of a tie, the defending guild will be the victor.
Top Ranked Bonus
Top ranked guilds will receive an additional bonus amount of gold per battle.
There are a few more management tools in place for guild leaders and members. You can now view daily, weekly and monthy averages for offensive and defensive rates as well as war participation %. Guild mates can now view and skirmish against each others defense decks.
- Now allowed up to 8 rares (was 4). This was done to give a little more flexibility to different deck strategies.
NEW Rotating Arena
- The Kingdom and Skirmish arena’s have been removed and in their stead the new ‘Rotating’ arena has been added. This arena will cycle through a new set of rules every 48 hours to keep the battle fresh! The kicker to this is, the top players at arena rotation will earn GEMS or GOLD! To prevent against leaderboard camping, AI losses WILL affect your rating, just at a much decreased rate, currently 25% of the normal rating that would be exchanged.
Current Rule Sets
Tier 1 Standard
Tier 2 Standard
Alliance Standard – Standard rules only using cards of the same alliance as your Hero
Minimalistic – No cards with Mana cost 4+
Pauper – Max of 4 Uncommons, the rest must be commons!
Vanilla – All heroes start with 12 HP and 2 mana with no abilities!
Tier 3 Limited
Singleton – Can only use max of 1 of a specific card, 60 card decks
Currently the top 5 players will earn Gems, the remaining top 50% will earn varying amounts of Gold.
- assembled Constructs now have a mana cost equal to the gear they destroyed
Whenever an ally gear or Alchemy Creature with Mana cost [Value] or more enters, Dravkas gains 1 ^, 1 Charge or 1 Mana
- Now costs 3,4,5 charges (was 4,5,6)
- Now costs 6 charges (was 5)
Target creature gains Dust and Petrice gains 1 Mana
We have reviewed, and changed (hopefully for the last time) the Hero Gold prices. We felt they got too pricey and kept a lot of our players out of reach of trying new and cool strategies. We have lowered the T2 Gold price to 15,000 Gold and T3 Gold price to 50,000 Gold. There will no longer be a sale value on Gold prices, only the first Gem purchase of a hero in each tier. (For those who already bought Hero’s for greater prices, please see the end of this patch list :))
v0.9 is LIVE!!!
v0.9 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 7:30 (EST) on 11/20/12
Now costs 2 mana (was 3).
- The abomination token now has a mana cost equal to its power
Blessed Champion – Available for trade-in
“On enter: your Hero gains 3 HPthis creature becomes Blessed 3 (when it dies, its Hero gains 3 HP).”
Reason: BC had far too much value for his Mana cost compared to other creatures. As an alternative to increasing the cost, we chose this route which offers a few ways for the opponent to deal with it.
Maelstrom – Available for trade-in
“For each random enemy creature and enemy Hero, deals 4, 3, 2 and 1 ~ damage to it respectively”
- Now costs 4 Mana (was 5)
Reason: With the ability to wipe the enemy’s board AND deal damage to the hero directly, this was hands down the best burn spell in the game. We chose to limit the targets so you cant always guarantee a side wipe while still damaging the enemy hero as oppose to increasing the mana cost to get within reason of the capabilities.
Redesign Ancient’s Revenge
- Now called Ancient’s Will
Collection page has been revamped to include filters for better searching capability. It now includes the option to scrap cards for crafting purposes.
The foiling mechanic will be switching in this update. No longer will you trade in a certain amount of cards to receive a foil version, instead it will be moving to a Gem payable cosmetic upgrade. This is so it doesn’t conflict with the new scrapping and crafting mechanic. The costs are now as follows:
Common – 5 Gems
Uncommon – 10 Gems
Rare – 15 Gems
Epic – 20 Gems
Legendary – 25 Gems
- Abominations now come in with a Mana cost equal to the corpses they destroyed
- There is now a different effect for Magic Damage as opposed to Physical Damage
- Fixed the Dravkas 1009 error, which should also fix the shatter error
- Discards that are forced due to card drawing now properly go to the discard pile
- Fixed a bug with removal of abilities that wouldnt remove Overrun or Corpsecraft
- Tweaked the foil effect a bit
- Adjusted the way a – HP buff works. If they would receive a negative HP buff it would always take it off their max and current if it wouldnt kill them. It can now kill them. Cards affected: Selfless Adept, Morphing Remains
- Added “Light” and “Dark” alliance filters under the deck editor kingdom selector
- Added Mana cost filter in deck editor
- Realm Sworn Bard and Grizzle Beast now costs 50k Gold to match the Dragon (was 25k)
- Fixed hero star tutorial glitch that caused people to get stuck
And last, but certainly not least we want to thank all our loyal and committed players as well as our new players that have just joined us! To celebrate this immense content update and to help cover some of the changes that may have affected players in a negative fashion, we will be awarded Gems to all our players! Just like the last Gem payout, every player will receive some. VIP players (those who have supported us with any real $ purchases) will be receiving an extra amount for their dedicated support! Thank you all! (Amounts are still to be determined)
RISE of the DEMIGODS Expansion Set is now live! Get your Limited Edition bundle while you can!
Patch v0.9.1 is Live!
v0.9.1 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 11:00am EST on 11/27/12
Guild War Update
Every member will be able to fight maximum 20 fights per war
Every war fight win will earn you gold immediately
The top 5 BEST win counts on both sides will determine the guilds total score in the war
The guild with the highest score total (out of 100, since its the top 5 * max 20 fights) will determine the victorious guild
The winning guild will still earn a war bonus
To clarify more on the top 5 best win counts:
Each side will have up to 15 members doing 20 fights each. Only the best 5 records will count towards the guilds score out of 100. This is so that a 5 person guild with super hardcore players can have a shot against the 15 person guild WHILE still allowing the 15 person more casual members to take their battles and try to contribute to the team’s success. No longer will there be any fear of ‘hurting’ your guilds score, you can only help!
- Switched to 50 hour rotation cycle
- The current arena had to end early to accommodate this
To prep for the Rise launch we have updated the pack screen to allow navigation through the expansion packs easier.
- Bronze pack is no longer available
- Silver pack now has a 10% chance for a Rare
- We split off the gold and gem rare pack into 2 separate packs so the gem version can offer essence and stones. (Nothing else to the core gold pack was changed)
Dravkas – Based on recent stats of top players, Dravkas has the lowest win rate (by far) @ a whopping 35% so we’re giving him a small nudge to help his speed.
- triggers on [4,3,2] Mana cost. Was [5,4,3]
- now costs [4,5,5] charges. Was [4,5,6]
- Fixed an unused star display bug on main screen
v0.9.1.1 is Live!
v0.9.1.1 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 1:10 EST on 11/28/12
- adjusted some of the values a bit to decrease the large jumps in price
- put in maximum price caps on all rarities
- Fixed Dravkas “Master Artificer” Mana cost values in battle
- Fixed Core Gold Pack Uncommon amount
New Campaign Preview!
We’ve been hinting at some big changes coming for some time now… that’s right – we’re revamping the whole campaign system to bring you guys a much more enjoyable and replayable experience! It’s currently in development and we’re not entirely sure on expected release date at this point, but nonetheless, here’s what we got cookin’!
Explore the World
There will no longer be a chapter system, instead there will be the entire world map of Euna that players will work their way through fighting new monsters, unlocking new cards, competing in challenges and more. The world map will be connected with a Node system, just like now, however there will be a few new types of nodes, including:
Battle Nodes – Pretty much like now. Basic battle nodes against regular mobs.
Boss Nodes – These will be special battle nodes that have a tougher mob and will usually yield a bigger reward
Challenge Nodes – These will be special battles that impose a condition or rule set but yield a specific cool reward. Example: Use Amorya with beginner arena rules to break through the opponent’s defenses within X turns. Some of these nodes can only be attempted once within a specific time frame
Minigame Nodes – These nodes will have the biggest variety of interaction on them. They can include things like: wells that drop energy/essence/stones every X hours, spending energy to search for cards/items, merchants offering special items for sale, choosing a chest for a prize and more
Gate Nodes – These will be locked nodes that require a key item to advance on. Key items can be found by completing very basic quests or battles on the map
Teleport Nodes – These nodes will take you to a new sub-area within the game. Example: you will be able to go into the Old Capital City from the world map node to clear it from the impending undead wrath
Dungeon Crawl Nodes – Last but certainly not least will be the dungeon crawl, or survival nodes. These will let the player fight continuously to see how long they last against an increasingly difficult horde of enemies. There will be a global/friend leaderboard and prizes attached to these nodes
There will be over 50 new mobs (basic enemy units, not quite as powerful as heroes) with over 50 unique abilities added to this system to keep the battles fresh and interesting!
Check out the Queen Harpy… she likes to hang out near the entrance to the Maze of Marshes, and she is one mean chick!
?: Will this cost Energy and what are the gold rewards?
A: Energy will be used to travel along the map and the gold rewards haven’t been finalized yet. The new campaign will cost energy so we can award gold on losses as well as on wins.
?: Will there still be different difficulties?
A: No. The further you venture into the world map, the more difficult the battles will become.
?: I already beat the current campaign, so what happens when this new system rolls in?
A: Since it is a new system and will replace the old, all players will be starting from the beginning here.
?: When is this update coming?
A: We’re hoping to get it out before the x-mas break, but we’re not making any promises yet as we want this to be top notch before we release it.
Follow the discussion on the forum here: http://wiki.kingdomsccg.com/?q=node/1764
v0.9.1.3 is Live!
v0.9.1.3 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 2:00PM EST on 12/06/12
- Increased battle win gold from 25 to 75
- Added battle loss gold of 25
- War win Bonus amount reduced by about half
- This increases the overall earn rate and closes the gap between winners and losers so you have more incentive to fight your war
Rule Set Changes
- Minimalistic uses a strict rarity ruleset now including: max 4 rares, 1 epic
- Vanilla now uses limited rarity ruleset: max 8 rares, 2 epics, 1 legendary
We will be revamping the payout structure to something that rewards more based on how much you play and how well you do, but in the mean time we bumped the gold rewards to:
11th – 25th = 5000 gold
26th – 50th = 2500 Gold
51st – top 50% = 1500 Gold
- Rise collection status now shown in profile
- Fixed the tie out of sync error in live play matches
- Fixed password reset for .com users
- Fixed price label visual alignment on buttons
v0.9.1.4 is Live!
v0.9.1.4 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 8:20 on 12/10/12.
December Pack Sale!
For the month of December we decided to lower the gem cost of packs for the Core and Eve sets! Merry Ho Ho!
Premium Pack: 19!
3x Premium Pack: 49!
Premium Pack: 29!
3x Premium Pack: 79!
10x Premium Pack: 239!
Bard and Dragon Bundles
Due to the sale we decided to switch change up these bundles to offer more Gem value! All players who have previously purchased it, will be able to do so again.
- Now contains 150 Gems (was 50)
- No longer contains packs
- Now contains 300 Gems (was 100)
- No longer contains packs
- Allegiant Warrior now properly triggers on ally holy creatures only
- Dravkas + Bulwark AI targeting bug fixed
- Smite now targets any Undead creature properly
- Fixed an issue with scroll lists crashing
- Fixed a bug with accepting/deleting mail
- Fixed a bug with the guild deck selectors
- Fixed a bug with starting campaign battles
- Fixed a lot of 1009 errors
- Bunch of small crash fixes
CORE/EVE and the state of balance
In an effort to keep you, our dedicated players up to date with what we have brewing here at Antic, I have decided to give you the low down on our current thoughts of the card balance.
Overall, we are very pleased with how Rise turned out. With the tireless efforts of the Beta team and internal team here we have come up with what we feel is our best set to date! We designed it (and tested) with both constructed, sealed and draft play styles in mind. We did plenty mock sealed tournaments and found it to be a great amount of fun! The constructed tests involved testing both within the Set itself, as well as integrated into existing popular meta decks. Through both tests we found it (and tweaked towards of course) to work nicely together.
That said, unfortunately CORE and EVE did not receive the same thoroughness to testing and design simply due to time and resource constraints. Our next focus of attack is to use the same balance efforts and look at CORE/EVE and address any of the underwhelming, overpowered or straight up missing cards. On that last note, some of you may have noticed there were a few issues with the number of cards in core in specific categories, namely Ancient and Unaligned. For those interested, enjoy a little bit of Kingdoms design back story: When we first were designing Kingdoms we actually only had 5 kingdoms in mind. Light, Dark, Mystical, Elemental and Alchemy. I had in mind a subset of cards that were going to be uber powerful ‘bomb’ cards. Eldrazi’esque so to speak (for those familiar with MTG). Through playtesting, design iteration and further balancing we arrived at the idea of having the 6 Kingdoms, each with their opposing factions and alliances (which we love btw), but due to this rather last minute shift we had to sacrifice some of the Unaligned cards to fill some of the Ancient card gaps. We never were able to get it up to the same card level as the other Kingdoms and it’s been bugging me for a while. Fast forward to now. Now that we have proper resources and an excellent beta testing team, our focus is to get CORE (and EVE) to the same level of satisfaction that we have out of Rise.
We understand you the players do not like change, especially drastic changes and we are going to keep them as minimal as possible. That said, we are looking at the long term quality of the game and feel that improving and ‘perfecting’ CORE and EVE, the first two sets, are integral to this. While we are testing in large batches on beta, we currently plan to roll out these tweaks in stages to the live community so there isn’t a huge disruption in the meta. For those worrying concerned about purchasing, or recently purchasing in the single shop the same trade in rule will apply here. If the card was affected in a negative way, it will be trade-in applicable.
When we are scrutinizing cards we look at a series of things including: use rates, use rates in top decks, purchase rates and general ‘fun factors’. We will be doing our best to bring those under whelming cards up to an enjoyable level, and toning down any over powered cards to an appropriate level as well as adding about 15 (currently planned) new cards to CORE.
Lastly we want to hear your thoughts (without too much specifics at this point) regarding the sets and their enjoyability.
PS: To join the discussion visit our forums here: http://wiki.kingdomsccg.com/?q=node/1982
KCCG Podcast #1 is Live!
Episode 1 of Kingdoms CCG radio is complete!
You guys can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/kingdoms-ccg/kccg-podcast1
Join the discussion, comment and give us feedback on the forum here so we can be better next time: http://wiki.kingdomsccg.com/?q=node/2043
v0.9.1.5 is Live with a NEW PROMO!
v0.9.1.5 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 2:20pm EST 12/14/12
New Promo Card!
It’s been a while since one of these, but to celebrate the release of The Hobbit, we made a new LEGENDARY promo card that will be available for gold or gems! To unlock: You must place in the top 10 in the rotating arena, once. Gold price will be 250,000 and Gem will be 150.
- Fixed an issue with purchasing new Bard bundle and not unlocking the Dragon bundle properly
- All bundles are now visible, use the arrow to cycle through them
- Can now see holiday cards in the collection under promo section
X-Mas Bundle is now Live!
The X-Mas bundle is now live and available in the cards section of the shop!
And just as a reminder, here is all four cards!
Merry Ho-Ho and happy battling to all!
v0.9.1.6 is Live!
v0.9.1.6 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 8:35 on 12/19/12
Top Guild Bonus
- Top guild bonus was reduced from 50/40/30/20/10% bonus gold to 25/20/15/10/5%
X-Mas Bundle Cards
- Singles are now back in the featured pack section
- Small backend live play fixes
We just wanted to wish each of you a very happy holiday season!
We will be out of the office from now (Dec 21st) until January 2 and won’t be able to answer support emails.
- Team KCCG
Happy New Year! (v0.9.1.7 is live!)
Antic would like to wish a Happy New Year to all our KCCG players out there!
We had a little break for the holidays but are now back in full steam working on the new campaign experience, balance tweaks, tournaments and more!
v0.9.1.7 is now live which includes a bunch of little crash issues.
If you missed any of the KCCG podcasts, be sure to check them out here: http://wiki.kingdomsccg.com/?q=node/2215
Game Update and Steam Video Interview!
We recently did an interview with the cool people down at Greenlitgaming.com, a site that specializes in promoting indie games trying to get Greenlit.
Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfX52IEmXfE
and as a friendly reminder, PLEASE vote for us to be greenlit, it would be huge for us!
Vote here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94181730
For those with reservations, the common question seems to be “Do you keep your account if we go on Steam?” And the answer is – Absolutely! Just because we go on Steam doesn’t mean you won’t be able to access the game anymore, it will just add more players to battle with which would help us produce more content, features and more!
PS. Patch v0.9.2 with the brand new campaign experience, along with balance tweaks will be arriving by Monday the 28th at the latest!
Happy Battling :)
Patch v0.9.2 is Live!
v0.9.2 Dev Notes
The long awaited new campaign experience is here!
What you can expect to see:
The new campaign will take you from Tutorial Island, to Old Capital City, and down to the Willow of Souls with many stops in between, fighting monsters and facing challenges greater than you’ve ever seen before. Expect a much longer campaign experience with much more replayability.
Challenge Battles: Deal with deck and hero restrictions, devastating global world effects and starting board states to win greater than normal rewards. Return to try to beat the bonus conditions for even more prizes.
Search Nodes: Spend energy, get stuff! A simple task for a simple reward. Keep coming back to get more. Once you have exhausted a search node of all its resources you’ll get free gems!
Merchants: Merchants have new items every day! Check back constantly to see what is for sale.
Chests: Magical chests that somehow refill themselves with treasure. Check back every day to see what you can win.
Wells: Rest at a well to replenish your energy. Some wells are special and are filled with other items as well!
Dungeons: The coliseums of Euna bring the strongest warriors, wizards and warlords together to compete in competition. Show off your skills to earn prizes and glory, with leader boards so you can brag to your friends and, the world!
Lore Nodes: Time capsules containing the history of Euna. (These will be added in a later patch)
The campaign is designed for new players so as a warning, story and progression may not be ideal with an older account many story bits are tied to card and hero unlocks. That said, older players can expect to a fair amount of difficulty from trying to complete all the Bonus Conditions in Challenge Nodes, earning themselves a nice amount of gems and gold in the process.
This is only the first part of the campaign. Expect further updates exploring more of Euna in the future!
There are a bunch of new CORE and EVE cards added to help balance out the set. These cards will be available in the dynamic market and packs immediately. In addition to this we will also offer a new bundle to allow you to catch up immediately!
Note: Please excuse the overlapping titles on some cards, there’s an issue with our card renderer atm.
There will be 15 NEW Core cards added, including: 4 Common, 5 Uncommon, 5 Rare and 1 Legendary
There will be 13 NEW Eve cards added, including: 4 Common, 8 Uncommon and 1 Legendary
Catch Up Bundle
We created a new bundle for a limited time that will include the new cards so you can easily catch up! There will be 2 versions of the bundle. Each bundle will include 1 of the two new Legendary creatures, as well as all other new cards (26 total, 8 Common, 13 Uncommon, 5 Rare). Each bundle will be $20 or 225 Kreds. All cards acquired through this bundle will also have LE Gold etching!
Card Balance Tweaks
In an effort to stimulate the meta game we reviewed all cards and made many balance tweaks with the goal of creating more diversity. To help you understand some of the reasons for the change, here is the outline some of our design goals:
1) Create more deck variation by reviewing power levels of all cards to make sure they are in their respective classes
2) Remove ‘Hero Usage’ restricted benefits from cards and make them based on creatures instead, this will allow them to be more widely used
3) Increase the usage of Gear by adjusting the gear removal. The goal with this is to make Gear more widely used by all Heroes, and not just Dravkas. Note: Heroes will be further reviewed for patch v0.9.3
4) Increase the usage of buff cards by generally reducing their costs across the board, or adding a more significant effect. This is to warrant the vulnerable mana investment into a creature
5) Make combo/situational cards more accessible
While we do promise not to do an overhaul of this magnitude again (we understand the disruption it causes the players), we do recognize even with the beta team that we’re not perfect and there could likely be further changes made in later patches for extreme imbalanced cases.
This is a current list of active balance tweaks. As usual, if these cards were purchased in the dynamic market for GEMS, players will be able to trade them back in via firstname.lastname@example.org Note: These are the current changes, and are subject to further change before release. We encourage as many as possible to try the new versions out before rushing to trade them back in. Note: you CANNOT trade in until the patch is live.
For those who bought bundles with cash or Gems that had cards affected (Abysmal Dragon, Erratic Werewolf) we are allowing you to trade in that card for 75 Gems each. Any additional of those you request to trade in must have been purchased with Gems
Hero Balance Tweaks
Certain Heroes required a few balance adjustments for this patch. For next patch (v0.9.3) we will be focusing heavily on the overall Hero balance and design to ensure that all Heroes are flexible with deck design strategies and power levels are balanced.
There is now a maximum of 4 Legendaries in the Standard ruleset.
The energy upgrade system and costs have been reworked to be more predictable for the new campaign system. All players have been fully reimbursed.
- Added an All filter in the collection page
- Added a half turn indicator on the turn number in battle
- Fixed the server crashing issue
- New fonts were added that support multiple languages and should be easier to read!
- Truncated a few card names so they dont overlap Mana costs
- Lots of optimizations
- Deck Editor search for Heroes now works properly
- Fixed some gear interactions with indestructible and certain spells. Now the gear MUST be destroyed for the effect to trigger.
- Fixed Pureheart Martyr (now works as intended on ‘other’ allies)
- Duplicate now triggers the on enter effect of Gear
- Ability Shift no longer steals from a corpse
- Essence shift will no longer kill a creature with Reassemble, then steal HP from the Skeleton
- Goblin Depleter no longer drains charges when damage is 0
v0.9.2.1 is Live!
v0.9.2.1 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 6pm on 2/1/13
- New battle and search node added before The Impasse
- New battle and challenge added in The Great Forest
- Nodes that had a 24 hour cooldown now have a 23 hour cooldown. This was changed to help players who play at the same time every day avoid a “run-away” cooldown timer as it would be pushed back slightly every day
-New card reward added before Crutomist Challenge
Mermaid Tyrant: Suppress ability text fixed. Now correctly reads “Enemy creatures cannot enter play with abilities”
- A.I. deck was tuned slightly
- Deck restrictions changed: 20-30 cards.
- Bonus condition changed: Win in 9 or more turns
- A.I. deck was tuned slightly
Holy Survival Challenge:
Now has a max of 4 legendaries
The Mad Man got a new deck and did some working out! Even if you beat this one already, it may be worth checking out again for a surprise!
(This challenge was made significantly harder)
- A.I. deck tweaked
- A.I. starts with slightly less mana
- Bonus condition changed
- A.I. Deck tuned slightly
The Burning Tree:
- Energy cost reduced to 5.
Old Capital City Boss
- A.I. Deck tweaked slightly
- A.I. starts with slightly less mana
- Now costs 1 energy (was 4)
- Win gold is 25 (was 100)
- Loss gold is 0 (was 50)
- Core collector achievement bug fixed
- Relentless Charge now displays +2 attack properly
- Rejuve Potion now gives Charges properly into random abilities instead of always the same one
- Channel’s bonus Mana gain condition now triggers properly
- Minor campaign UI polish
- Longest Victory stat now recording properly
- Clicking on Chests on world map without energy crash fix
- Mana gain effect now plays when you play a spell and gain mana equal to what you started with
- Guild message box allows more text now
v0.9.2.2 is Live!
v0.9.2.2 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 5:30 on 2/5/13
Spooky Stone prices have been adjusted
Harpy: Deck has been slightly tweaked
Amorya Challenge: A.I. deck slightly tweaked
West Monastery: A.I. deck slightly tweaked
- we now support Italian, Spanish and German! More languages coming soon, as well as separate chat channels
- main screen now has an indicator for how many active wars you have going
- players who join half way through a war won’t be able to participate in it
- Fae Mischief no longer puts the stolen gear in the enemys discard pile
- Fixed Timid attack issue
- Timid is now a status effect
- Erratic Werewolf no longer has Timid
- Soothesayer now gives Timid on enter
- Aryn Knight-Damned no longer causes you to lose life when another ally dies while Aryn is a corpse
v0.9.2.4 is Live!
v0.9.2.4 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 3pm on 2/8/13
- A.I. now starts with two less mana
- Bonus condition changed – “Win in 4 6 turns or less”
- Removed one of the Relentless Bones that the A.I. starts with.
- added subtypes to Gear (Armor, Weapon, Relic)
- Misc battle crashes fixed
- Sylph Assassin now has subtype Elf Rogue
- Gnome Map Maker now has subtype Gnome Artificer
- Wyrm Egg now has subtype Wyrm Egg
- Abomination now has subtype Zombie Construct
- Mindpierce Ranger now has subtype Human Archer
- Morphing Remains now has subtype Zombie Construct
- Hero Ability tooltips and slide out got a UI rework
Campaign Progression Bug
We are aware of an issue that some players are facing, halting their progress in the campaign. Some players are unable to open the gate just before entering the Maze Marsh, even if they have won the battle that should have gave the key in the Rune Bay. We will be fixing this with our next update.
If you are facing this issue, please email email@example.com with your in game username and any other details about the situation so we can fix your account during the next update.
We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused to affected players. Thank you to those who pointed it out.
v0.9.2.6 is Live! Progression Bug Fixed
v0.9.2.6 Dev Notes
Pushed @ 21:30 on 2/18/13
- Olfaan, Alisten, Petrice, Wilrius, Amarus and Crutomist Challenge: Deck restrictions changed to 20-40 cards.
- Poisoning the Well: Now requires 16 cards
- Deck restrictions on most Boss Battles have all been changed to 20-40 cards.
- Fixed the starting charge amount of the final boss.
Campaign Progression Bug
- The key/gate issue that has affected a minority of players has been fixed. It will require you to beat the node containing the key again. Upon completion it should grant a key
KCCG Radio Podcast #6 is Live!
We just finished recording our latest Kingdoms CCG podcast where we discuss the new campaign, the upcoming arena revamp and more! For those who don’t know what it’s all about – a group of players and a few developers (myself aka Jeffo, Phil and Dave) all hop on skype and have a chat about the game as well as preview upcoming features!
Have a listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYzlenrvmdA
Enjoy! and if you’re interested in having questions answered, be sure to post on the forum: http://wiki.kingdomsccg.com/?q=forum/3
We just finished uploading our latest podcast where we discuss and preview patch v0.9.3, upcoming Hero balances, community Q&A and more!
You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJ28cZ1mks&feature=youtu.be
Please be sure to leave comments/suggestions on our forum!