Promo Cards page 3

66 posts

Flag Post

A new Promo Card is coming with the next update.
Behold.. the Seraph Warrior! A great companion for Belnir, Grand Paladin.
To unlock the Seraph Warrior you must complete Chapter 1 on insane mode.
What do you think of her?

Flag Post

^ Limited to certain decks (4x rejuve, 4x mantle for life), good synergy with the worshiper that gives hero 1 life each turn and Belnir. 1/3 for 4 mana is crap otherwise.

Flag Post

She flies and has more than 2 hp, so can fully benefit from Wilrius’ healing, but other than that – meh. There are not enough good healing cards to make her make me “wow! do want!”. Especially that she gets +1 attack no matter what amount I get healed, so I can’t even pretend that she makes Harvest useful.
If she was triggering on both player and creature heal, now that would be awesome.

Flag Post

It’d be ridiculous if she gained attack on creature heal – that would trigger on regen and spiral completely out of control. I misread the ability as gaining attack equal to the health gained (although that would also be absolutely bonkers with Harvest and Scatter the Ashes), but she’s still potentially very powerful. I’m sure Holy will have more and better healing capabilities as more expansions are released.

I think she could probably do with some armor to spruce her up a bit, though.

Flag Post

Not this ridiculous argument again… If card/unit/whatever in any game isn’t good now, it won’t be better with future expansions/sets/whatever, because they’ll add even better card/units and nobody will even remember old stuff that was supposed to be good “in the future”. Trust me on this one, many people were trying to convince me how amazing some ship will be once there is more crew. Guess what? Even better ship came out first. <sarcasm>How unexpected and surprising.</sarcasm> Power creep exists in almost every game, so if something is bad right now, it will most likely be bad later. Exceptions are few and far between.
Also, she’s RARE 1/3 flier for 4 mana, I don’t see how growing attack on any heal makes her “completely out of control”. Have you seen unit healing cards? Mediocre is first word that comes to mind. Healing in almost every game is stricly worse (sometimes by several orders of magnitude ) than direct damage/creature buff/pretty much anything else. So unless you can show me deck that has healing/hp gain as their main winning strategy, +1att/1hp gained is bare minimum to make this card playable. +1att/any heal (on your side) would make it what it is supposed to be: rare worth more than entire booster.
“absolutely bonkers with Harvest”? That’s 7 mana and 2 cards for 6/3 flier assuming you go first and opponent doesn’t have any units on field. Single 2 mana Shrivel and it’s gg. Same for 3 mana Fear. Yeah, losing 4-5 mana and trading 2 rare cards for one (un)common is OP like hell… Right now you need to gain life 3 times for this squishy little angel to even trade 1 for 1 with Deathless Wyvern; if opponent attacks with Thunder Cat, angel dies. She would too much of a glass cannon to be anything more than just another good rare.
Not to mention that it would be easy (and logical) fix to regenerate to make it trigger only if unit is below max hp (no idea why it doesn’t work like that now) and only count hp actually healed with healing effects. Last but not least, healing means your units must be damaged but not destroyed.
So in conclusion: I don’t think proposed changes would make her OP, merely playable (which she certainly is not now).

Flag Post

I don’t know what game you’re talking about with ships, but power creep is a terrible thing that needs to be kept in check. Right now there are few decent healing cards in Holy, but as more cards are added it stands to reason some of them will be playable.

Regen was my entire reasoning for the seraph not growing on creature heals. In its current state, it would be insane. Suddenly Might of the Holy, which is already solid, is giving her +3 attack every turn! Also, you really can’t compare Healing Salve and Lightning Bolt. Lightning Bolt was eventually deemed too powerful to continue printing, Healing Salve was not. It would be more fair to compare Healing Salve and Shock (one mana for 2 damage).

I’m not trying to argue that Seraph Warrior doesn’t need a little more love to be playable – especially when you consider how powerful Akatril’s angels are in conjunction with her buff ability – but it’s easy to swing things too far in the other direction.

Flag Post

I like the Seraph Warrior card, though Belnir was the last thing that came to mind. This thing needs a way to gain attack on every turn. So Essence Mantle is the way to go. And, yeah, on closer inspection Belnir IS the only hero with added benefit, since Uunys drops out due to kingdom incompatibility. Looks like a good, well planned card. I approve.

Flag Post

^Huh…I just read in the v0.6.0 dev notes that Belnir may have his self-heal ability (Guardian Shiled) swapped for a different skill. That kind of defeats the point of the Seraph Warrior, wouldn’t you say?

Flag Post

For 4 mana it probably deserves 4 HP. Would make it an OK card.

Flag Post

Promo Contest Giveaway!! Tenacious Demon

[Facebook]: Simply like us, comment on it (including your in game name) and a winner at random will be chosen tomorrow @ 12 pm PST and receive the card before anyone else!

What say you about this bad boy?

Flag Post

Fairy Matron:

Unlocks after beating Chapter II on insane mode.
Gold: 15,000
Gems: 45

Flag Post

August 13: Frost Bark Ent

Unlocked after beating Chapter V on Insane mode.

Flag Post

Is this stuff unlocked yet? I beat the first 3 campaign chapters but haven’t received any of the promo cards.

Edit- Nevermind, apparently this is only unlocked in the shop, not the deck.

Flag Post

August 30th: Tower of Gnomes -

Unlocked after beating Chapter VI on Insane mode.

Flag Post

Promo Contest Giveaway!! Juggernaut

To Enter: Like our Facebook Page, comment on the Promo post on Facebook (including your in game name) and a winner at random will be chosen on 9/12 @ 12 pm PST and will receive a free copy of the card.

Don’t you know who this is?

Flag Post

September 28: Abysmal Dragon

Unlocks after you purchase the Bard Bundle
Gold: 50,000
Gems: 75