Tier 3 heroes comparison

6 posts

Flag Post

So I was trying to decide which T3 hero I wanted to buy and level first since it was a significant time investment. So, being the geek that I am I wanted to see some numbers which lead to me assign values to abilities and then that lead to making a spreadsheet. Basically I wanted a break down of each abilities power level compared to what turn we were on, combined with other abilities, and flexible enough to make changes as the metagame shifted. This would allow me to adjust numbers here and there as my opinion changed on abilities or as new cards came out to skew things to favor different effects. I ended up spending more time than I expected as I got a little carried away on the spreadsheet. So I am going to share it with you all so the community can use it as well.

Here is the link on google docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8e154m_jVNdDBFOE9VdzhqLVZ…

You can adjust the numbers as you like to fit your needs. I would start with messing with the blue fields as they are the numbers that determine the power level of each ability. I found this really helpful for me to compare approximate effective power levels on a given turn vs a specific hero. For example turn 11 is very important vs Bahamut because turn 12 is when he does 10 damage and can kill the other hero.

If you don’t like some numbers on the sheet feel free to change them! Although I ask that you copy it to your own account and edit the copy so others can use the unaltered sheet also. This is very easy to do. Just click on File => make a copy. You must be logged in to do this. And it will copy it into your personal google docs.

Enjoy!

Flag Post

Aw, I’d have looked at this but Google says, no document found. :)

Flag Post

Try this link, apparently I can’t edit the original post

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8e154m_jVNdDBFOE9VdzhqLVZoLWlKMnVIYlR4cnc#gid=0

Flag Post

Just use wiki: http://wiki.kingdomsccg.com/?q=wiki_heroes#

I’ve been struggling hard at not picking Bahamut as my first T3. I know it’s going to be very boring as him, nor am I really interested playing him either, but simply because it looks like the best AI hero to use on defense. T2/3 vs T3, who are the most challenging AI’s?

Flag Post

Angel General for me. You never have enough flying creatures in your deck, and since s/he can boost their attack/clear the path for them, he can be a real pain.

Bahamut IMO is a matter of a few lucky draws. If I pull an Essence Mantle early enough or play the lich who can self-heal, so that my health can stay high enough; if I pull Diminish just once (-3 from all charges, ancient summon and vengeance too); if I have enough high attack and Haste creatures at the beginning; then he is no problem at all. Bahamut has horrible starting mana so you can get him good with a good start.

War Smith and Grand Sorceror are powerful if the player can put enough gears/spells into one deck. They are limited a bit now because of the one of each card rule.

Jorma and Abaddon are ones I’d rate the easiest from my perspective. They have worse abilities and the computer plays them weaker too IMO.

Flag Post

Yeah I like Akatril (Angel generator) too. Being able to spawn 2/2 flying angels, I left it level 1 on purpose, makes room in your deck for a lot of situational stuff. So when playing vs Bahamut I have Plenty, Powerless, Diminish, and Syphon to help beat the 12 turn clock. Being able to alpha strike him for 12 damage in one turn helps too when your angels all turn into 4/2. =)