noran's surprise uselessness

5 posts

Flag Post

Just in case devs care why I just ragequit…
I saved up for T2 ravinova who was awesome. Helped me through the hard battles when I was stuck with the T1 character. When I finished hard I had enough gems to buy a T3, so I looked them over and chose Noran. It didn’t occur to me that almost all the damage spells are elemental. Sucks, but it was my own fault for not paying attention. What really gets me were my next discoveries… “Draw from your deck the next spell card you play this turn” sounds to me like the ability Ravinova has but for spells rather than alchemy cards. After this ability failing several times, I finally looked it up and now see you need a second copy in your deck. Considering my only non-elemental duplicate spells are mana flask, holy bolt and transform potion, this discovery pretty much ruins the ability until I develop a much larger collection. The final straw was the ability Mana Bridge. It’s the one instance of the ability “reduces the mana cost of cards” that doesn’t end with the “to a minimum of 1”, so I thought the restriction wouldn’t apply. Surprise, it does! No way I’m grinding through arena battles to get enough cards to make noran useful. It would take too long and is way too random. Buy gems? Well after a purchase like that let’s just say gems seem a waste.

Flag Post

you can use QDCs and draw lots of cards with Noran

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawonhisfest:

you can use QDCs and draw lots of cards with Noran

That, pretty much. I won’t disagree in your situation, because if you are new, you might not have quite enough of the right cards yet.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve noticed a trade function that seems to allow you to trade in a hero for another of the same tier. Because I have never used it, I can only say this from hearsay, but I had heard it removes hero stars for the new hero. Other than that, and maybe trying to contact the devs and hoping they will give your new hero full-stars again because of the situation (I would tend to agree, Noran probably isn’t the best starting t3 for newer players), I wouldn’t know what other advice I could offer. Even if they didn’t, the stars aren’t /too/ troublesome to get, I think. If your intent on rage-quitting is set in stone, though, never mind all of this obviously, haha.

Flag Post

You don’t own two copies of ANY non-elemental spell, but those three?
Perhaps you could try buying Bronze packs for 500 or buy some spells from the Singles shop for 3 gems.

If you do not own play with a high-cost decks, you may be better off leaving Mana Bridge on less charges, so that it loads faster. I always leave it on the 2nd level too, since a 3 mana card is easier to have in my hand insantly than a 4-mana one.

Flag Post

That isnt the DEVs fault. Maybe you should have thought about that before you bought him, every single experienced player could have told you noran needs a lot of good cards to work. If you had asked in chat what t3 hero you should buy you would have been told….sorry, but noone can help you if you act like an, pardon me again, idiot.