Worst 3 Creature Cards in Kingdoms CCG

9 posts

Flag Post

Some cards in CCG you will never see in PVP battle. Why? because there are similar cards with the same mana costs that have better abilities or stats.

Here are my 3 worst creature cards:

3) Mud Golem (EVE): Alchemy Creature

4 mana cost
3 attack
2 HP
NO ABILITIES

There is a 3 attack 2 HP creature with no abilities for 3 (!) mana → Temple Warrior.
Mud golem is simply too “expensive” → 4 mana cost, no abilities and crappy stats? Even a card like Portly Friar has 4 HP (2 more than Mud Golem – and it only costs 3 mana).

His younger brother “Clay Golem” for 3 mana at least has the dust ability (stats:2/2/) although I doubt anybody runs this card in a deck.
If you love Golems, put 4x Clay Golems, 4x Golemnify and 4x Mud Golem in your deck for ultimate Golemness.

2) Mud Elemental : Elemental Creature
Common
3 mana
1 attack 3 HP
NO ABILITIES

There are so many cards that cost 3 mana, have same stats and have at least one ability:

Stench Ghoul (also a common) – Undead
Undying Acolythe – Undead
Temple Guard – Holy
Faithful Worshipper – Holy

Couldn’t find a reason to run a Mud Elemental, maybe in a “Mud deck” together with Mud Golem if you like losing battles.

1) Seasoned Farmer: Holy Creature
Attack 1
HP 2
NO ABILITIES

Reason: All other creatures in this game that have a 2 mana cost have either

a) 2 attack or
b) at least 1 ability

no point using the Seasoned Farmer in a deck, except in an Agriculture Deck together with the “Harvest” Card from EVE.

EDIT: the creatures above have been changed, so they are not the worst anymore!

Flag Post

There are many more than u mentioned. The obvious ones are the 1/1 creatures
Many common cards are just plain useless

Flag Post

1/1 creatures are cheap cannon fodder, not to be underestimated. They are an easy counter for those 4 mana cost 1 life creatures.
What should be discussed are the epics no one ever uses. While not exactly useless, high mana cost in combination with a situational usefullness render them to be “unwanted” by most players. Like Meteor. Never seen someone use it.

Flag Post

@pat → have you ever heard of relentless bones? it’s one of the best 1/1 for 1 mana and commonly used by good players and 100% NOT useless

Flag Post

We need to use this topic to alert the devs of potential power creep!

Flag Post

No, thats not what i meant
what i meant is, compare 1/1 creatures with other 1/1 creatures
So why would you use those 1/1s common without abilities, you can have revenous gull with flying with the same rarity

And once you have access to those uncommon ones(relentless, boltling, etc), those 1/1 commons are just plain useless

There i finally elaborate it

Flag Post

a creature that really bothered me..
Tenacious Demon
5 mana cost
3/3
Flying and pierce
on death: this creature is shuffled into its controllers deck.

5 mana for a creature with 3 attack and 3 hp, with flying and pierce and a completely useless ability? thats just stupid.. and for a reward for completing the undead insane campaign? it seriously needs to get buffed…

Flag Post
Originally posted by patloony:

No, thats not what i meant
what i meant is, compare 1/1 creatures with other 1/1 creatures
So why would you use those 1/1s common without abilities, you can have revenous gull with flying with the same rarity

And once you have access to those uncommon ones(relentless, boltling, etc), those 1/1 commons are just plain useless

There i finally elaborate it

yeah now it makes sense :D I understand what you mean. But still, there is a 1/1 for every kingdom.

1/1 holy → Brave recruit – > typical holy skill → armor

1/1 undead → Relentless bones → typical undead skill → reassemble

1/1 elemental → Boltling → typical elemental skill → haste

1/1 mystical → Spirit Sprite → typical mystical skills dust+flying

1/1 alchemy → Gassy Gnome → typical alchemy skill → volatile

1/1 ancient → Titan’s Pet → typical ancient skill → intimidate

1/1 unaligned → ravenous seagull → ability → flying

Flag Post

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr5

i know this is about a different game but hopefully it helps you understand card and set design a little bit better