Beating Contenders in Rome- Recommended Builds?

6 posts

Flag Post

I’ve made it to contender 17, but now it’s looking grim. Can’t land a shot, clearly need to pump up dexterity to crazy high levels. Any suggestions for good builds?

Currently I’ve got 1 shieldmaiden- gets attacked first, goes into block status, and stalls everyone as long as she survives. Then 2 heavy hitters- both with shields and one-hand weps in case the shield queen dies and they need to take over.

Anyone who has cleared the last few contenders have suggestions?

Flag Post

I would reccomend getting a combo 4x guy its your best bet your welcome (:

Flag Post

That worked for a few more- 2 4x guys and one spear thrower. But contender 19 is just too freaking hard.

I’ve been focusing on speed, dex, and strength- which means of course that I pretty much get 1-shotted when they connect with me. And even the slow guys (2-handed weapon guys) seem to have more than 230 speed at this level- they often get the jump on me. Adding speed past this point means I do even less damage- can’t reduce dex below 100 or I have no shot at connecting.

Frustrating.

Flag Post

At this point i don’t know what to say contender 19 is to freaking hard your gunna have to figure his out by your self good luck bro

Flag Post

well, i’m going to guess with needing some grinding and leveling for more speed. i also always level speed, dex, strength. at least that’s what i’m going for. having less speed really sucks because of ai’s high armor. attacking first is one of the primary ways of whittling down that armor fast enough, disabling them before they one-hit you, and getting some hits before they block or net you.

also, it seems to me that dex alone might not be the sole criteria in determining hit chance. i’m thinking relative level factors in as well but that’s just my opinion for now. it just looked like sometimes i’ve been having all this difficulty hitting them then as soon as i get to equal level i improve hit chance significantly and i can’t feel it was all suddenly due to the single point of dex that i put in for that level-up.

Flag Post

Good points- problem is when you max out at 60 you can’t keep gaining stats- only moving them around. It would be nice if the level cap were a little higher.