Ideas/Suggestions

29 posts

Flag Post

Want to tell us how to make the Game better!? Well now you can and don’t be afraid to tell us what you’re thinking

Flag Post

Add some guns to the game, Glock, M16 and all that stuff, and add weapon mods so you can add iron sights and stuff

Flag Post

2hand weapon users (espesh hammer) need a move called OVERBASH or CLOUT where they specificaly target the opponents shield smashing it so hard that the opponent loses all blocking either until their turn begins OR they are struck with a followup attack. The downside to this move is it does little damage (lets say 1/4 of regular damage) and the OVERBASHER loses the ability to block or evade any incoming attack s until their turn comes up again (aka they are tired from overbash).
It is a great move if you know a fellow ally or 2 will be attacking the de-shielded foe next turn or before the overbashed slave regains his strength.

And another move that could be added to the game is ENTICEING STRIKE where you taunt the opposition DARING them to strike you, the trick is that you appear to leave your body open for any attack, yet a THUNDEROUS COUNTER awaits any opponent who chooses their strike unwisely. you select a quadrant of your body to provide with feinted counter( lets say upper body… if opponet attacks upper body you counter dealing double damage to enemy, but if they attack your legs which you did not select they deal double damage to you!)…If no-one attacks you while you taunted the enemy you gain an significant MP and minor HP boost along with some increased speed for 3 turns.

Could also divide the body into 4 quadrants or select individual parts you want to protect with your Enticing strike.. say left leg/ head/ or body/right arm…. the payoff should be double the risk you undertake. GREAT GAME BERSERK BRO’S

Flag Post

cool

Flag Post

There should be 3 ways to improve your weapons, tempering (can be done several times but cost goes up per tempering, plus there is a chance the weapon will break around the 5th or 6th temperdepending on skill of smith) it improves the power of the weapon by +5 to +35 per temper. ( it is smart to attempt to temper the weapon up to the 5th or 6th time then add the other effects after.) maybe only certain smiths have the ability to re-temper swords lets say starting area you can temper it twice/ 2nd area 3-4 times them the other areas 5-6 times. after the 6th time you risk a 50% chance of broken weapon.

You can also sharpen blades as well and this can TEMPORARILY increase power and enhance the bleed effect +10 on the bleed, LETS SAY +10-20 POWER AND +10 DAMAGE ON BLEED this effect wears off slowly as the blades become dull, it is a nice enhancement to get over some evenly matched enemies lasts 30 matches or maybe on damage dealt overe time?
A modestly priced temporary enhancement… slowly wears down.

Inscription: careful weapons can only be inscribed once so you have to choose your inscriptions carefully, more powerful inscriptions are avialable by level or fame. more exotic effects are provided +mp/hp/charisma/ or even specific skills such as +150 to armor break ect.. you can choose the inscription and certain tribes have inscribers skilled in certian weapon sigils.Lets say Norsemen have powerful mace/hammer inscriptions that specificaly increase hammer/mace skills. The Mesopotamians can inscribe armor and specialize in shields and helmets giving boosts in MP/HP/DEFENSE/CHARISMA.
cHOOSE INSCRIPTION WISELY, each scriber has a drop[ down list of enchancements, by beating their levels or areas the better ones are unlocked.

Blessing of the gods: dip that **** in the pool of blessing and recieve peculiar bonuses to weapons and armor such as

+15 heal per turn, +20 to bleed, or +60 dexterity bonus on THROW. even an increased crit chance on shield bash… mabe some more exotic abilities. GODS BLESSINGS ARE RANDOM but if you know what each god represents you will get a feel for what they could give you. Lets say Aries would give you speed enchancements or Artemis would give you MP/HP. the way you treat your opponents can increase the favor of the gods upon you and your stats will increase if you sacrifice in their honor.
Killing for Aries finds you favor, Mercy for artemis increases favor and gives you greaster blessings….. costs money but you can bless the weapon as many times as you want for desired effect if price is no object…

Flag Post

Or perhaps with the blessing you recieve a point in a random branch of the skill tree maybe you can luck out and get NET or some upper level skill without developing the tree below. god’s are so random that way, you can re-bless if you do not like the skill recieved, you could potentialy overmax a skill so it enhances this one skill over the 15 skill point cap so you could have 18/15 skill in 4x combo. some super saiyan type shiznat.

Flag Post

Can Berserk studio be kind enough to tell us what effect pouring 10 points into COMBO X4 does per point? i dont have the patience to go back and forth experimenting with combo x4 vs putting points in increased crit chance.

I would like to know, is there an automatic handicap in the 4x combo where you miss and only by having 10/10 are you garunteed your 4 hits? i would like an explanation or if anyone else knows what it does i would be grateful.

By the way i’d like to sing a little song……

Brothers everywhere
raise your hands into the air
we’re warriors, warriors of the World

Like thunder from the sky
sworn to fight and die
we’re warriors, warriors of the World

Many stand against us but they will never win, We said we would return and here we are again, to bring them all destruction, suffering, and pain, We are the hammer of the gods, we are thunder, wind, and rain! there you wait in fear with swords in feeble hands, with dreams to be a King, first- one should be a man, I call them out and charge them all with a life that is a lie, and in their final hour they shall confess before they die! Brothers everywhere raise your hands into the air we’re warriors, warriors of the World

Flag Post

Sorry for the length of my posts, but the OVERBASH and the ENTICING STRIKE could use existing art files in this game.
Simply use the defeated pose (when you are on your knees) to signify being tired after overbash, in trhis state you are defensless to incoming attacks.

As for enticing strike simply use the art files where the character goes into bloodrage you know where they have their hands out to the side and the red rage power hits them. Just use that pose (the power stanced i guess)

ENTICING STRIKE works just like protect in the way you select it except you select yourself and the bodyparts you want to protect.

This is all.

Flag Post

I think if level ups, metals and bet stuff from the blacksmith came easier, just a little, fewer people would be inclined to cheat. I know you guys make money from frustrated people who actually pay cash for metals or creds, but I’m guessing it is not much. The number of cheaters is climbing daily. They even hacked kongs all time high scorer list. Shows 1 billion + wins, in 1 day!
The chat room is constantly swarming with noobs who ask, How can I level up faster, and how can i get metals easier? Some one always tells them about the cheats, and bang! there goes another one. A hacked version of the game is easily available, and that is what most do.

Flag Post

Its not the 20th century its when swords were around

Flag Post

how about bow and arrows

Flag Post

Suggested boss: The berzerker

Hes 1 part Thraex 1 part Provocatores and 1 part Murmillo. He has to ability to berserk (obviously) and has intimidate all maxed. He would be the toughest gladiator in the game and all of his gear would only be obtainable through defeating him. Only those who have 3 maxed out gladiators with the best gear who they have trained well would even stand a chance against him. He would need to either be level 180 to have all abilities or you could give them to him directly and have him at a lower level.

Flag Post

I think there should be another ranged weapon. Don´t know what but i think the game needs another tanged weapon. maybe throwing knives or axes?

Flag Post

Podo i agree with you on the axes thing

Flag Post

i think of a RPG-7 , miniguns, and molotov cocktails

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

An option to watch other people fight would be pretty cool.

Flag Post

guns weren’t developed that time

Flag Post

Should Make An Autofight configuration option,so that players can select what skill to use
Its because when i apply to much points on defence the player just `Shield Bash’ all the time but i want him to use `Power Attack’
PLZ CONSIDER IT.TY

Flag Post

Need a way to select all items in inventory that you want to sell, and sell them all at once. Otherwise, add toggle to remove the “sure you want to sell?” confirmation.

Flag Post

Good game, needs a sling (Weapon), and a helmet that looks like the berserker helmet from the logo.

Flag Post

1. You should decide whether the player is in the role of a lanista (school owner) or in the role of a gladiator.
If the first, you should focus on the lanista role and add incentives to train new gladiators and more role in organising combats, measuring that you accept a challange which risks with more fame and treasure etc. If the second you should more focus on the personal developement from coins to freedom in the end. Add value to the popularity through fame – gladiators its not enough to win but win in style (therefore it could be a meaningful decision not to kill at once but give smaller cuts)

2. Most of all: avoid the ridicoulusly unreal things such as the awakening of dead gladiators, gladiators who act almost died (cheering the crowd with no arm… etc.)

3. Give less chance to targeted hit (arm, head etc.) and add a general hit with a good chance to hit the opponent but randomly targeted part of his body.

Flag Post

I agree with legendcso about having some effect on the auto fight. It gets annoying when my gladiators will use skills that are fairly useless for your intended build.

Flag Post

1. If there is a blocking gladiator in the first row – you should not let the enemy target the gladiators in the back row (only with throwing).
2. Give really meaning to ‘armor break’. For twice as many MP it would have hit definitely higher than power attack to worth to use.
3. Do not let (freshly bought) gladiators to have that many MP while your first have a linear developement. (My first gladiator have 130 MP at level 17, while the other has 730 and 450 from the very first moment. It makes MP modifying actions (boost morale, intimidation, crowd appeal) useless, and needs no tactic just use of techniques.
4. Add real balance to the game. A team with one gladiator have almost no chance against a team of three. The leg and arm cuts makes fights dull (you have to hit the wounded gladiators, who only able to crowd appeal).
5. Decrease the damage of shield bash. Why is it hits higher than strong attack, when it has additional bonuses (blocking)? (It also strenghten the importance of solving the bug detailed in the 3. point)
6. It can be pretty dull when disabled gladiators waiting in the field. I have a combat when all gladiators lost its ability to hit and we played the wait-who-dies-first game with crowd appeals…
7. Why a murmillo can not choose block to block enemies multiple turns – if he can block multiple turns in case of shield bash? Any logic in it? If I do not attack, I am not able to block?
8. The bleeding effect is too strong. Use a ‘bleeding attack’ where the bleeding is doubled but decrease the damage below 30 instead.
9. Do not allow cut limbs with spears, trident and other polearm. But give advantage (additional defence) to polearms against shorter weapons.
10. The gladiators with no leg should not dodge attacks…
11. rather let disabled gladiators to retreat, give up. Add a button to surrender (missio) instead of leaving them on the field waiting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Keynes:

1. If there is a blocking gladiator in the first row – you should not let the enemy target the gladiators in the back row (only with throwing).
2. Give really meaning to ‘armor break’. For twice as many MP it would have hit definitely higher than power attack to worth to use.
3. Do not let (freshly bought) gladiators to have that many MP while your first have a linear developement. (My first gladiator have 130 MP at level 17, while the other has 730 and 450 from the very first moment. It makes MP modifying actions (boost morale, intimidation, crowd appeal) useless, and needs no tactic just use of techniques.
4. Add real balance to the game. A team with one gladiator have almost no chance against a team of three. The leg and arm cuts makes fights dull (you have to hit the wounded gladiators, who only able to crowd appeal).
5. Decrease the damage of shield bash. Why is it hits higher than strong attack, when it has additional bonuses (blocking)? (It also strenghten the importance of solving the bug detailed in the 3. point)
6. It can be pretty dull when disabled gladiators waiting in the field. I have a combat when all gladiators lost its ability to hit and we played the wait-who-dies-first game with crowd appeals…
7. Why a murmillo can not choose block to block enemies multiple turns – if he can block multiple turns in case of shield bash? Any logic in it? If I do not attack, I am not able to block?
8. The bleeding effect is too strong. Use a ‘bleeding attack’ where the bleeding is doubled but decrease the damage below 30 instead.
9. Do not allow cut limbs with spears, trident and other polearm. But give advantage (additional defence) to polearms against shorter weapons.
10. The gladiators with no leg should not dodge attacks…
11. rather let disabled gladiators to retreat, give up. Add a button to surrender (missio) instead of leaving them on the field waiting.

3. You should always replace your first gladiator anyway
4. You are also able to have 3 gladiators…
5. The shield affects the damage, so a good weapon might do more damage than a ok shield
7. Block costs no MP, and can be good if the enemy have multiple turns in a row
8. There is a skill to reduce bleeding
9. That would make polearms pointless…
11. Then you could just keep facing someone who keeps surrendering and get tonnes of money/xp…