CS Portable vs RC2 vs Unity browser games

15 posts

Flag Post

This is a response topic posted by xxkollioxx. He is a friend, but we have different experiences, thoughts, field of view. I’m sure all the viewers of this post will also.
So please don’t discriminate my opinions. Feel free to say anything though.

Updates – 5/5
Updates very often, we just had the weapons shop update as well as many others.

Armory – 4/5
A 4 because unlike RC2 or Uberstrike, it has a balanced, completely-free armory consisting of 3 different types of weapons. Gameplay is not messed with due to in-game purchases. Simple but detailed.

Graphics – 4/5
Unity browser-based FPS’es aren’t good in graphics ingeneral, but CS is a bit off to the good side.

Likes on facebook – Who Cares/Lol
No offense to xxkollioxx, but who cares..
1. Not everyone has facebook 2. Some people don’t (usually) go looking for their favorite unity games and like them. I didn’t either.

Maps – 20+. (5/5)

Freeness – 2/5
Not a lot of guns. No vehicle combat.

Effects – 2/5
Effects are not really good. Only because the game is far behind RC2 in developement.

I’m not going to add points for vehicle combat, because adding vehicle combat is just to make up for the sucky PvP, in my opinion. Otherwise they ruin the game. Great example: Battlefield 3 vs Call of Duty MW3.

22 Points, 4/5

Red Crucible 2

Updates – 2/5
There are updates, but not many.

Armory – 4/5
Many guns, including rocket launchers, machine guns, rifles, snipers, etc; However in-game purchase only (coin purchase only) guns are overpowered and one user with such a gun will de-balance the whole gameplay.

Graphics – 3/5

Maps – 4/5
4 Because while there aren’t that many, maps are different for different modes and most maps are fun to play. They’re detailed and big.

Gameplay – 2/5
Even with all the vehicles, the balance between player-heli-tank is not right. Some tanks are overpowered, some are too weak. Tanks’ aim cannot reach helis unless you go on a slope. People start destroying other helis so either they get in or noone does. Coin-only purchased guns are too overpowered. A example is Uberstrike: Uberstrike has many in-game purchases but none are too overpowered. With a bit of skill you can take them out and pick-up their guns.

Effects – 5/5
Great effects. I have to admit.

20 points, 3.3/5

Begone

Updates – 3/5
I quit playing and got back in about 4 months. 1 Map. However, I got on today, it now has a beautiful map selection screen. I’m gonna go play after this =D

Armory – 6/5
A 6, It’s very delicately controlled. The damage, accuracy, recoil is all delicately controlled. Excellent. Better than any Unity browser game.

Graphics – 5/5

Maps – 2/5
Okay, the maps are fun. But of the whole time it was released, there are 6 maps.

Gameplay – 4/5
It’s great.

Effects – 3/5
3, because although with all the effects it has, I have to say the screen you get when you’re damaged is really bad. It sucks. Seriously. 2 points off for that. That’s how much it sucks.

23 points, 4/5

Uberstrike

I will not rate this. Probably due to the many people who will disagree.

1st Place: BeGone
2nd Place: CS Portable
3rd Place: RC2

I love playing RC2 for its vehicle vs vehicle matches, especially maelstrom. But its in-game purchases screw it up. Coming from a guy who bought 4 guns with coins. CS Portable, I love it. But it’s still behind development, and lacks from most of the games. However, despite being in beta, it’s great.

Flag Post

Compare mine and xxkollioxx’s
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/122-red-crucible/topics/276786-red-crucible-2-vs-cs-portable-vs-begone?page=1

Flag Post

CS Portable

Updates
Obviously.

Armory
Obviously. It’s a parody off CS 1.6 What do you expect?

Graphics
It’s supposed to be a bit more retro-HDish. It’s not meant to look like the new CS:GO.

Likes on facebook
You shouldn’t be reviewing if this is a pro for a game.

Maps
Obviously.

Freeness
The game is still being worked on. There are going to be a lot more weapons soon. To add on, ‘freeness’ isn’t even a word.

Effects
The effects are still being worked on. Plus, it’s not supposed to look like modern games today. Stop expecting every game to be like that stupid game COD.

Flag Post

I realize freeness isnt a word. Go on the link, I put freeness like he did. Because it wasn’t a word I only used it for CS.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/122-red-crucible/topics/276786-red-crucible-2-vs-cs-portable-vs-begone?page=1
You’re welcome.
CoD was made by hundreds of staff supported by millionaire companies. I realize.
In conclusion: Stop being so negative. It’s just a comparison. I wouldn’t give COD a billion points either. Obviously.
But the real CS vs Cod, COD would win. People have opinions. CS is too simple, for me. I respect your opinion but I did work hard on this very long (Obviously) post (Obviously). (Obviously).

Flag Post

but we have bots/singleplayer, co-op zombie survival and android/ios version :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by IgorLevochkin:

but we have bots/singleplayer, co-op zombie survival and android/ios version :)

Exactly :D

Flag Post

RC2 crash all the time cs portable never does that :)

Flag Post

I can’t play any of those other unity shooters, because they lag like hell. But CS:P is super smooth. I have no idea why.

Flag Post

And by the way, CS:P has 78 maps :P

Flag Post

Don’t expect this game will be looks like B3 and and MW3
First.-This is only a browser game.
-Have you ever seen a MW3 or B3 in a browser? That’s ridiculous

Second:-This game is in a developing state

Third Be thankful to Igor because we can play this free..unlike UBerstrike and other shooting online games in browser…You need to buy other weapons in real money

AMF——Kimpogi

Flag Post

RC2’s gameplay = 2/5?

Tanks aren’t supposed to shoot down helicopters, are they?
The Light-Tank is fast, so its more of a transport vehicle than a combat vehicle.

In my opinion, the vehicles are perfect. its only how you use them.
Give is a 3/5.

Flag Post

i think the maker of RC2 just wants money he makes your default character bald obviously the player cant resist buying a hat or helmet but counter strike does not include money at all and RC2 is basicaly complete update wise CS is not i dont know how to finish this it theres just so many things beter about CS :) i mean wow CS is a very good game i guese il stop there

Flag Post
Originally posted by 141_roach:

i think the maker of RC2 just wants money he makes your default character bald obviously the player cant resist buying a hat or helmet but counter strike does not include money at all and RC2 is basicaly complete update wise CS is not i dont know how to finish this it theres just so many things beter about CS :) i mean wow CS is a very good game i guese il stop there

Of course he wants money!

Flag Post

If CS Portable had couple dollars to spend to support this then I would, I mean Igor and the project team tries there hardest to try to update the game every single day and add many features…..

I would totally donate some money.

Flag Post

I would totally donate some money.

I agree. I will donate not pay, which are two different things.