[CONTEST] StudioOnMars Map Making!

68 posts

Flag Post

All information click here

Need help building a map? click here

Studio OnMars allows Custom Map Making for Critical Strike Portable. The theme for the maps is free, the imagination is the limit. Good maps are included in the game and the map designers are credited.

Instructions:
All maps created for Critical Strike Portable must:
- Be fully compatible with Critical Strike Portable current release;
- Have full AI pathing and functionality;
- Implement all standard Critical Strike Portable gameplay functionality;
- Other criteria’s for a good map include: Gameplay and Fun, Polished map, Performance, Technical stability, Graphics, Creativity.

All maps must be comprised of only original content created by the Map Designers. That means that no part of the map, including but not limited to, models, entities, audio files, textures or any other content can be taken, derived or ported from any other game or third party map. Any use of previous Critical Strike Portable community/mod maps must be by the original owner, or with the express written permission of the owner. Maps must be playable on Critical Strike Portable and be easy to install and load.

Read the details of Agreement for Map Making for Critical Strike Portable.

Timeline:
Map making: September 17th – October 7th 2012
Voting: October 8th – October 14th

The contest begins on September 17th 2012 at 8am GTM and the contest map submission ends in 3 weeks, on Sunday October 7th 2012 at 11.59 GTM.

Voting for the maps will start 1 week after map submission ends and the Winners will be announced on our website on Sunday October 14th 2012 at 6pm GT

Judging:
The winning places will be judged and decided by:
YOU – placing your votes on Studio OnMars’ website

Studio OnMars and game’s Dev team will first screen all submitted maps and then include the maps that meet the contest requirements for peole to play and vote.

Prizes:
1 place: €300
2 place: €200
3 place: €100
4-10 places Critical-Strike Portable T-shirts
All 10 places will receive the VIP the status in game for 3 months.

How to enter:
We tried to make it as simple as possible for you to enter and join our contest. All you have to do is clicking the following link, filling in the registration, attaching your designed map, and submit it to us.

Registration form: Click here to submit your own map for Critical Strike Portable contest!

 
Flag Post

To Igor, Pavel M and other people part of the studioonmars.
If I am not allowed to post this, just simply tell me or just remove it.

 
Flag Post

Yes but where does it say what to use to make maps?

I would if i knew how but not interested in the prize or giving away my address and phone number :P

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Yes but where does it say what to use to make maps?

I would if i knew how but not interested in the prize or giving away my address and phone number :P

Technical Requirements:

Required map format: .bsp, .fbx, .unity project Map max. size 5Mb More details: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8543448/csport%20map%20tutorial.htm

Saw this on the main site

 
Flag Post

lol

 
Flag Post

Oh no! A typo! Nobody makes them these days!

/sigh

 
Flag Post

I submitted 1 in there!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by boldy97:

Oh no! A typo! Nobody makes them these days!

/sigh

yep, all your credibility is lost smh

 
Flag Post

Hell yeah stickied!

Anyways. Updated the thread with how to and stuff etc.

Oops forgot to log-off my other account.
-Rawwk

 
Flag Post

Damn my pc for not having a 9.0 shader capability, I have great map ideas.

 
Flag Post

OMG I have Unity engine. Problem is I dont know how to use it. FACEPALM

 
Flag Post

I would make one, but it looks really complicated.

 
Flag Post

Tally what did you do?

 
Flag Post

When will it end? I will hink about making 1 with my friend

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by shivam00100:

When will it end? I will hink about making 1 with my friend

Map making: September 17th – October 7th 2012 – means it ends in 2 weeks.

 
Flag Post

Man I really want to join this cus I need money to replace this CPU cus its so darn slow. But I dont know how to use this Tech but I have Unity engine and I have ideas too. :(

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterChief263:

Man I really want to join this cus I need money to replace this CPU cus its so darn slow. But I dont know how to use this Tech but I have Unity engine and I have ideas too. :(

Many people have great ideas, but very few can make it happen. You will get another chance. =)

 
Flag Post

here is new tutorial by hucqim80 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8543448/csmapTutorial/TUTORIAL%20ON%20HOW%20TO%20CREATE%20YOUR%20OWN%20MAP%20FOR%20CRITICAL%20STRIKE%20PORTABLE.htm

 
Flag Post

Reformatted so the link isn’t broken…
How to make maps for CS:Portable

If you’re making a map for the contest, instead of exporting a Valve/Source map from Crafty you could model everything in 3DS Max (obviously you can’t enter de_dust in the contest, that’s copyrighted and isn’t your original stuff), aside from that hucqim80’s covered pretty much all of the stuff you’ll need.

DEDLY – Masaaki

 
Flag Post

I been experience zombie mode game long enough to know how every terrain and strategic work on the map.
- Zombie mode need at least the smallest map (not too small) to make more enjoyable than other game modes as zombie won’t go very quick in large maps (even it has disadvantage maps from zombies or survivors).
- Need at least a small numerous hiding spot for zombies and survivors in use.
- Make sure it spreads nicely every spawning point (even next to the zombies doesn’t have problems).
- Make sure it has spaces to move around (escapes to zombies rushes).
- Require at least minimal pieces of cover (zombies take enough advantage on these).
- Need to know the range firepower of the weapon (assault rifles = medium range, shotgun = short range. Make a map at least good balances).

Well, this is all I know zombie mode on very specific good map..

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by alfieq:

I been experience zombie mode game long enough to know how every terrain and strategic work on the map.
- Zombie mode need at least the smallest map (not too small) to make more enjoyable than other game modes as zombie won’t go very quick in large maps (even it has disadvantage maps from zombies or survivors).
- Need at least a small numerous hiding spot for zombies and survivors in use.
- Make sure it spreads nicely every spawning point (even next to the zombies doesn’t have problems).
- Make sure it has spaces to move around (escapes to zombies rushes).
- Require at least minimal pieces of cover (zombies take enough advantage on these).
- Need to know the range firepower of the weapon (assault rifles = medium range, shotgun = short range. Make a map at least good balances).

Well, this is all I know zombie mode on very specific good map..

I have a new map just for that =)

 
Flag Post

I’d like to make a map, but it’s so complicated. Oh well, I’ll eventually get there.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CSruffle:

lol

It’s a tarp!

 
Flag Post

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by f2004w:

It’s A Tarp!!1

Orly?? (Yep, it was a tarp!.. I mean trap..)