Can you test your map without making it public?

12 posts

Flag Post

I wanna make a map on CS Portable and try and release it (I’m not really sure how people go about releasing their own maps in the first place), but before I do that I at least wanna test it and see how fun it is. Is there any way I can do that? And could anyone possibly tell me how I would try and make my map public once I wanna release it, or link me to something that tells me how?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocomobock:

I wanna make a map on CS Portable and try and release it (I’m not really sure how people go about releasing their own maps in the first place), but before I do that I at least wanna test it and see how fun it is. Is there any way I can do that? And could anyone possibly tell me how I would try and make my map public once I wanna release it, or link me to something that tells me how?

Download the standalone, put the unity file in the same folder as CSP.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Boyman:

Download the standalone, put the unity file in the same folder as CSP.

Ya, I gave a link for everybody/ Map makers/Testers http://www.mediafire.com/?cwvueqc32a3yka4 <—
And if you want to make it public you have to either, talk to Igor,Ashim or give the file to PhobicSoft, or F2004w

Flag Post

And if you want to make it public […] give the file to PhobicSoft […]

Erm, scratch that one, I don’t have access to the map server XD

Flag Post

What do you mean by the same folder as CSP? And also, whenever I run StandAlone.exe it says “Data Folder Not Found” “There should be ‘StandAlone_Data’”
folder next to the executable"

Flag Post

What do you mean by the same folder as CSP? And also, whenever I run StandAlone.exe it says “Data Folder Not Found” “There should be ‘StandAlone_Data’”

Don’t listen to boyman all you need is winrar and to extract the files
the program has a_data and a_exe all you need to worry about it a_exe
I you want to add maps, you have to have the file and just drag next to a_exe and it should work fine don’t put it in the folder.

Flag Post

don’t rename the program it won’t work leave it at just plain a_data

Flag Post

ok i’ll rename it.

Flag Post

New Link http://www.mediafire.com/?qc46y6o64l0wl4i

Flag Post

Could you give me a little more information? Like how I’m even supposed to play my map once I put it next to a.exe and stuff. And what format does the map file need to be? I’m a bit confused.

Running a.exe did work this time though.

EDIT: Nevermind, he told me through skype.

Flag Post

Does anyone know how to convert your map to unity3dStandaloneWindows? That’s the only thing I need to know now.

Flag Post

Hello Guys I am ready to test the map.I have skype account.I am a beta tester for Call of Duty and Battlefield.