Passwords for rooms

6 posts

Flag Post

Everytime I play with friends some random guys join and ruin the game, so please make passwords for rooms.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Raydend:

Everytime I play with friends some random guys join and ruin the game, so please make passwords for rooms.

Please submit any ideas under the Feature Request section of CSP.

Easy Fixes;
-SET THE NUMBER OF AVAILABLE ROOM SLOTS TO THE NUMBER OF FRIENDS YOU EXPECT TO COME
-SET THE ROOM TO PRIVATE, AND WHISPER THE ROOM NAME YOUR FRIENDS

Flag Post
Originally posted by CSPortable_Vile:

Easy Fixes;
-SET THE NUMBER OF AVAILABLE ROOM SLOTS TO THE NUMBER OF FRIENDS YOU EXPECT TO COME

Doesn’t work it’s like pepz are lookin for privates

Flag Post
Originally posted by EpicDisasterd:
Originally posted by CSPortable_Vile:

Easy Fixes;

Doesn’t work it’s like pepz are lookin for privates

It does work, you must assign a unique name to the private game title. Please become more familiar with the functionality of game settings.

Flag Post

No, I think Epic is saying that people can still find the room. It’s easily searchable from the game lobby, and while it’s perhaps rare for somebody to actually find your private game, it’s still possible. Security through obscurity is widely regarded as one of the poorest tactics to use in software security.

Thus, what we REALLY need is password protected rooms. To join a private match, you should have to enter a password, and for people who hack the password screen, the host will require an automated message containing the password, if the message doesn’t arrive within 5 seconds or contains the wrong password the host boots the player.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PhobicSoft:

No, I think Epic is saying that people can still find the room. It’s easily searchable from the game lobby, and while it’s perhaps rare for somebody to actually find your private game, it’s still possible. Security through obscurity is widely regarded as one of the poorest tactics to use in software security.

Thus, what we REALLY need is password protected rooms. To join a private match, you should have to enter a password, and for people who hack the password screen, the host will require an automated message containing the password, if the message doesn’t arrive within 5 seconds or contains the wrong password the host boots the player.

It’s impossible to locate a private room if the host creates a secure name. There isn’t a chance on the planet for a player to casually search for 0389485SDDFH – and locate the room. Private room creation is possible, it merely requires diligence. In terms of establishing a password function; the initial poster was directed to submit the idea under the Feature Request section, which is where all of the ideas should be posted.