About Load Times

5 posts

Flag Post

I see this ALL THE TIME. People keep asking Igor to make the game load faster.
There is NOT A SINGLE THING Igor can do about this. The load times are of course due to downloading the info from a remote server over the internet. Naturally, to expect that Igor can somehow MAKE THE INTERNET RUN FASTER is a ridiculous thought.
So just shut up and WAIT FOR IT TO LOAD. Not even the most all-knowing, godlike developer on the planet (I’m looking at you, John Carmack) would be able to make the game load noticeably faster. I promise, the load time is worth the wait ;)
I apologize for the rant.

Flag Post

I agree.

Flag Post

I promise, the load time is worth the wait.

“Stop whining and start winning "

- AgonyX

Flag Post

To me the loading time isn’t that bad, 10 seconds at max. But recently whenever I’ve tried to join a server it loads the map and is at the final connecting state, but it just freezes there. I have to disconnect/cancel and do the same prosecure atleast two times before it works. Is that just me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by BozoHimSelf:

To me the loading time isn’t that bad, 10 seconds at max. But recently whenever I’ve tried to join a server it loads the map and is at the final connecting state, but it just freezes there. I have to disconnect/cancel and do the same prosecure atleast two times before it works. Is that just me?

No, its not just you, on certain maps that has happened to me too.