What's with the new update?

20 posts

Flag Post

So I’m trying to sniper from the top of the long alley in dust2_2 to shoot a CT hiding in the ramp.

X-hair directly over his face, shoot and nothing. Second attempt and nothing. Third attempt and nothing. He returns fire, I stand completely still and no damage.

I’m playing dust2_1.65 and sniping from T spawn to through the middle double doors.

Perfect shot, STW enabled (lame I know). Nothing.
Reload and try again. Nothing.

CT stands there shooting at me. No hits on my person. I return fire. Not a single bullet hits him.

What in the bloody hell is going on?

The new game feels completely different. It’s almost as if there has been a maximum lethal range placed on the bullets from certain guns.

Gonna test this hypothesis out over the next few days. But I just wanted to say that this is super disappointing so far.

Flag Post

Oh..I see what you’re talking about..and,I also didn’t like it.

Flag Post

It happened to me too, i emptied an entire AWP clip on someone without killing him on the other side of the map (both on Harbour and Parkour), this was with delayed bullets disabled. So I’ll stick to AR until this doesn’t happen anymore.

Delayed bullets seems to turn the hit scan based weapons into projectile based weapons, but it seems to me that bullets go too slow (It’s really hard hitting any moving player using jumppads on Q3DM) and there seems to be no bullet drop whatsoever.

Flag Post

i hope it’s just a problem that will be fixed soon and not an update. lately when there is something new in the game, i always think it’s too bad to be an update, it must be a bug or something. well

Flag Post

I found this too and it is very annoying. What’s good in the AWP if we can’t shoot enemies in long distances?

Flag Post

I think it is supposed to help balance the AWP, but it’s really frustrating. Is there any way to counteract this?

Flag Post

Hm. Maybe this is my perfect excuse for why I have been sucking as of late.

Flag Post

Wow I’m so glad other people have felt/experienced this.

If you try to balance the game by setting a max lethal distance for the weapons… You’re gonna have a bad time.
And more importantly WE’RE gonna have a bad time.

Why have I invested so much time perfecting my AWP skills only to have them undone immediately with this most recent update.

If you’re going to make massive changes to the game, in terms of weapon mods, why not allow a bunch of ‘pro’ players to beta-test the balance first and then roll it out afterwards. Seriously, there are enough of us out there who are sensitive enough and fair enough to be able to give legitimate and considered opinions on these things that you should take advantage of it.

I think this is a poorly thought out (or to be fair, implemented) attempt to balance to OP nature of the AWP.

We are here to help the community and the game.

Quit shutting us out and expecting us to be silent when you make mistakes.

Seriously.

Flag Post

disable delayed bullets(bullet speed) in server settings this helps? i didn’t made changes to awp works fine for me

and make video

Flag Post
Originally posted by IgorLevochkin:

disable delayed bullets(bullet speed) in server settings this helps? i didn’t made changes to awp works fine for me

Wow this must’ve touched a nerve.

Hi Igor, nice to finally touch base with you.

Delayed bullets was not enabled when I was playing last night +8 GMT.

I literally stood still in the little gap that T’s have at spawn in dust 1.65 map and waited for CT at the middle double doors (the only possible vantage point immediately following spawn) and let the CT shoot me with no damage being registered.

I watched the bullet trails pass me and do zero (0) damage.

If you are making changes to the game, I will volunteer to be a beta tester for you.

There are many more above average people who are willing to test your changes to the balance and can give objective criticisms before you implement it world-wide.

I plead with you to implement some kind of beta testing regime that includes people from the general server population who play a) more than you and b) with a different mentality than a programmer (THE programmer).

Also, and this is slightly off-topic so at the whim of Vendetta to moderate, but you need to hurry the hell up and allow Phobic to assist you in the development of the game, because he does what no other person from SoM does – actually seeks input from the general public and commits to discussing it with them (i’d have put this in caps if I thought it would get the message across more severely).

Being shut out from the dev process as a player doesn’t make me enjoy updates, but fear them.

Flag Post

Oh and I thought I’d add while I possibly have the chance – what in the hell do any of the new options actually do?

The changelog accessible through the game lists what’s changed, but I can’t find any mention ANYWHERE that actually explains what the new changes mean.

If not you, have Vile or someone who has access to insider information create a sticky thread that is locked and only communicates EXACTLY what the new changes mean.

Sincerely,

A person who enjoys playing, but is becoming quickly disillusioned by the entire adventure.

Flag Post

I think Igor actually did implement damage reduction with distance.
If you hover the crosshair over a distant enemy, you’ll notice it now turns grey. I think this means the enemy is too far.
I’m not sure I like it either, though. I mean, bullets go for miles and still remain lethal, whereas the levels in CSP are generally TINY. I mean, my crosshair was turning grey on the Trench War map – and my target wasn’t even on the other side of the map!
I don’t think this needs to be reduced – I think it should probably just be removed altogether and find another way to de-op the AWP. For example, require headshots to kill (on a side note, make the head hitbox a bit bigger – it seems really tiny and hard to hit)

Flag Post

I can’t hit anything from a distance either. I was trying to find some information on what has changed, and this thread is the only thing that I could find. I play toy_story map and have fun with the AWP, but it sucks missing a shot because someone was “too far”. I’ve stood there with someone who hadn’t spotted me yet, and centered the crosshairs on his body, head, and other parts, pulled the trigger…nothing. I tried zooming in more…nothing. I tried zooming in all the way…nothing. I either have to move closer or find another target.

Please fix this.

Flag Post

Sorry man, but I don’t have time to consider the shade of colour the x-hair is, when I’m trying to snipe people running through a gap the size of a peppercorn when I’m in zoom level 3 and they’re using run to sprint past.

I mean seriously.

And grey? F(*&@#$n grey? Why not RED, the internationally recognised colour of “NO CHANCE BUDDY” or “STOP” or “UNAVAILABLE CURRENTLY” or “INVALID OPTION” or “OUT OF BOUNDS” or “PRECLUDED FROM CONTINUING”?? Am I being clear enough? I hope so.

Remove this ridiculous “fix”. It literally serves no purpose. It renders impotent BOTH SIDES of this equation. The AWPers and the ARers who are trying to undo their supremacy. It’s like someone was experimenting with something to try and overcome the AWP OP when STW is enabled and decided to screw over everyone with their lack of community consultation (HINT FKN HINT SoM).

With regards to de-OPing the AWP it’s pretty simple I think. Redo the way hit’s are registered and make anything above the waist and between the shoulders register as a death (in basic mode ie: not in any of the stupid new options or in Body Parts) and make any hits below and outside this a blow that does <50% dmg (or scale as is appropriate/easy to implement).

I’m literally able to be a lazy asshole and snipe your feet to win. Your feet. To win. Feet. Yes.

Flag Post

It happened to me too, it whas on sniper duel, several times, I was sure I hit, so just in-case I zoomed-in to the max and shot him while standing still in the middle of him, doesn’t really matter since i shot him with full zoom-in so im very sure i hit him, it bappened to me before, and I then go much closer to them then you are able to kill them, but this only happened a few times. I did this the same range before and i killed by that range so someting is wrong.

Flag Post

prakka: The AWP, is a stronger weapon than any other weapon in CS Portable. So, i can shoot you 3 times in the foot with AK47, but you shouldn’t be able to die from 1 bullet by AWP, think about it, either all weapons and damage are wrong, or none. At least so far. The sniper is a very strong bolt-action and ak47 only takes around 2 more shots to kill, but it can spray. Even if it is ridicously I know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 9dar1usz9:

prakka: The AWP, is a stronger weapon than any other weapon in CS Portable. So, i can shoot you 3 times in the foot with AK47, but you shouldn’t be able to die from 1 bullet by AWP, think about it, either all weapons and damage are wrong, or none. At least so far. The sniper is a very strong bolt-action and ak47 only takes around 2 more shots to kill, but it can spray. Even if it is ridicously I know.

Hi dar1usz,

I’m not entirely sure what you are trying to say – on one hand it seems you are saying that the AWP is too strong, but on the other you seem to be saying that it is exactly the right strength?

Shooting you in the foot should not = a kill.

Light → moderately wounded yes, but a kill – no.

If you think differently I’m open to debate you on the finer points, but I really think your position is untenable.

EDIT: Edit over-hyped the damage levels. Sorry.

Flag Post

Maybe a public developer “changelog” would be helpful for everyone. :)
Or an announcement thread.

Flag Post

my main is zezima

Flag Post

ok, I just played again, and didn’t have any issues with not being able to hit anyone. I was wondering if rank had anything to do with it. I think I’m rank 3, so I signed out and joined a TDM toystory and didn’t have any problems, so I signed back in, rejoined the same room, and again didn’t have any problems. I did this on Chrome and I usually play on Firefox, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.