Respectfully Leaving The CSP Community

34 posts

Flag Post

Some of you may know who I am, some of you may not. It doesn’t matter that much.
A while ago, I had found this game, Critical Strike Portable. It was a fun little shooter, even if I wasn’t particularly good at it.
And it’s been fun to watch this game grow, and even to contribute some here and there (for example, the voice chat was developed and contributed by me).

But today I’ve decided I am going to be finally leaving CSP and moving on.
I am going to be focusing a majority of my time working on my own games (my next project will be a post-apocalyptic themed multiplayer cartoony team-based shooter with RPG-style character progression. fun stuff :D)

I bid a goodbye to everybody, a good luck to the staff of Studio OnMars on this and future games, and happy gaming.

Flag Post

That’s too bad. I hope it’s not ‘cause you’re sick of me.

Even though I rarely got along with, I think you’re one of the better members of CS:P. I now fear for the future state of the game. But I think it’s a good move to work on a novel game where you can expand your skill set.

I wish you the best.

Flag Post

Although you guys don’t know me, I do know you. So since you are leaving CSP now, surely some of us will miss you. Of course, if it wasnt for you, CSP might could not be as it is today. Your actions and contributions for CSP will never be forgotten. Hope your new game would soon be popular, just like CSP. Wishing you good luck on your new game PhobicSoft :D

PINOY—————- proudpinoy

Flag Post

Oh I completely understand, Phobic. :P
Good luck with your own games though! If you ever need a beta tester or some extra ideas, I’m always around.

Flag Post

Sad to see a great member of the community go.

Good luck on your game! Oh, and if you ever need a tester, I’m here.

Flag Post

Develop long and prosper.

Flag Post

And the post apocalyptic themed game will be named :

“Critical Strike Portable” :P

Good luck mate, wish I am able to ‘prosper’ from yet another masterpiece from the many genius minds of Kong!

Flag Post

Agreed with Light.
You were a great and active member of this community and you did some really great things. (The new voices are awesome!)
Good bye, I’m looking forward to meet you again! And good luck with your game, I’d be happy to be like a beta tester or something like that! ^^

Flag Post

I don’t know you but I have seen the work you have done here and the help you have given to help the game develop and help the players learn, good luck with the game mate!
AOC – S@W/Owner – Bren

Flag Post

Hopefully you’ll still check on this game every so often. Good luck on your new game, oh and what style will the shooter be? Will it be top-down or something? Anyway if you ever need a beta tester, you can call me. XD

Flag Post

You will be sorely missed Alan.

Take care, friend.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Hopefully you’ll still check on this game every so often. Good luck on your new game, oh and what style will the shooter be? Will it be top-down or something? Anyway if you ever need a beta tester, you can call me. XD

It’s going to be First-Person Shooter style. I’m thinking a bit of a cross between Borderlands and Team Fortress 2.

who will be responsable for the new HUDS?

I’m gonna let OnMars figure that one out ;)

The current working title is “Project Nukefall” :)

Flag Post

Awesome, I can’t wait to see how the game has random nonsense tacked on with no further community input now that you’re gone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CSPortable_Vile:

You will be sorely missed Alan.

Take care, friend.

I’m not sure if you’re being sincere, patronizing, or sardonic. I suspect the latter two because Phobic has said before that he prefers NOT to be called by his name. But if you’re not, I apologize.

Flag Post

Thank for for everything you’ve done for this game Alan. We all appreciate it and you won’t be forgotten<3
CS:P will never be the same. You contributed so much to this game.

Take it easy man.
I’m keeping you on Skype!

Flag Post

Prakka – The Feature Request section serves for community input – as do all of the staff e-mails, which according to my records, haven’t been utilized by you.

Slix – It seems your intel regarding “Phobic” is a little off. He’s not a Moderator, and never has been. All Developer Staff receive Moderator capabilities – but are not Moderators. I address individuals I consider my friends as such – you were not being addressed on my publicly posted departure message – so I’m a little confused as to why you bothered to quote, and address me.

Flag Post
Slix – It seems your intel regarding “Phobic” is a little off. He’s not a Moderator, and never has been. All Developer Staff receive Moderator capabilities – but are not Moderators. I address individuals I consider my friends as such – you were not being addressed on my publicly posted departure message – so I’m a little confused as to why you bothered to quote, and address me.

Intel? Writing mod was obviously a typo. I fixed it to appease you.

Phobic has made it clear he doesn’t want to be referred to by his real name. People usually respect the views of their friends. Many, if not all, of your posts towards me have taken the seemingly patronizing tone of your message, so I assumed it was patronizing. I think that’s a fair assumption and enough justification for me to post what I did. But if I’m wrong, sorry. There’s no reason to get worked up about such things.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PhobicSoft:
Originally posted by skullhead51:

It’s going to be First-Person Shooter style. I’m thinking a bit of a cross between Borderlands and Team Fortress 2.

who will be responsable for the new HUDS?

I’m gonna let OnMars figure that one out ;)

The current working title is “Project Nukefall” :)

What do you mean by an rpg-style character progression?

Flag Post

While I’m not exactly sure what he meant, I took it to mean something similar to what’s done in Borderlands. Maybe you’ll get more health, improved accuracy, with select weapon types, etc. with each level up.

Flag Post

Prakka – The Feature Request section serves for community input – as do all of the staff e-mails, which according to my records, haven’t been utilized by you.

And what, because I refuse to use a stupid system, you think I have no right to comment?

In-game does not allow people to comment on the proposed idea. It’s binary nature means that it either needs to be written exactly how people want it to be to secure the vote, or it’s not up-voted because something doesn’t resonate with those who take the time to read it but it could be modified to fit what people want.

People here have the opportunity to read it, discuss pros and cons and then the community as a whole can put forward a better proposal.

I can’t understand how you can possibly still think that the in-game feature request method is better than having the community debate it openly and freely on here. It even gives Devs/Mods the opportunity to weigh in on whether it is possible to do given the platform CSP is written in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by prakka_:

And what, because I refuse to use a stupid system, you think I have no right to comment?

In-game does not allow people to comment on the proposed idea. It’s binary nature means that it either needs to be written exactly how people want it to be to secure the vote, or it’s not up-voted because something doesn’t resonate with those who take the time to read it but it could be modified to fit what people want.

People here have the opportunity to read it, discuss pros and cons and then the community as a whole can put forward a better proposal.

I can’t understand how you can possibly still think that the in-game feature request method is better than having the community debate it openly and freely on here. It even gives Devs/Mods the opportunity to weigh in on whether it is possible to do given the platform CSP is written in.

+1. I don’t have anything else to say because this covers the major points

Phobic, you’ll be missed, even if I did enjoy friendly and occasionally not so friendly debates with you. You were willing to listen, at least a bit, to our requests without attempting to censor us (to my knowledge…). :)

Flag Post

Take care and have fun :-) You can allways come back if you miss some deads in game :0) Have fun with your work and lets hope the person taking your place can do it as good as before.

Flag Post

Though it really goes offtopic, I’m gonna share my opinion about it:
I think there should be some kind of Feature Requests subforum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slixtrix:

+1. I don’t have anything else to say because this covers the major points

Phobic, you’ll be missed, even if I did enjoy friendly and occasionally not so friendly debates with you. You were willing to listen, at least a bit, to our requests without attempting to censor us (to my knowledge…). :)

Agreed. He will be missed for his interactions and general willingness to discuss the finer points.

Such a shame and so indicative of the issues with Dev that he left.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mateo4:

Though it really goes offtopic, I’m gonna share my opinion about it:
I think there should be some kind of Feature Requests subforum.

I think that would be a good idea so long as people know about it and dissenting, but not offensive, vulgar, or inappropriate ideas are not removed.