Regarding De dust maps page 2

64 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by f2004w:

Another impediment to competitive play which I’ve mentioned numerous times is the fact that you can see around corners of walls. Competitive teams, which probably don’t exist right now, could really abuse this feature. I don’t know if it’s something that will be fixed.

I was saying what you mentioned this in the tread. But please refresh my memory :)

yes thy can without being noticed and pop up when expected when opponet isnt looking even if fixed walls is on it still works. Plz fix thxs

Flag Post

For information regarding;
Removal of maps
New maps
Weapons

Please visit this thread here

Flag Post

Thanks and that’s exciting news!
Were ‘citymall’, ‘crossfire’ and ‘battle…’ original maps or ‘imported’ maps?

Flag Post
Originally posted by f2004w:

Another impediment to competitive play which I’ve mentioned numerous times is the fact that you can see around corners of walls. Competitive teams, which probably don’t exist right now, could really abuse this feature. I don’t know if it’s something that will be fixed.

I was saying what you mentioned this in the tread. But please refresh my memory :)

there’s no reason for me to explain myself multiple times. if you guys are competent you should be able to understand it. even phobicsoft could understand it. please take the effort to understand the suggestions we make so that we can help you improve the success of your game. also, we talked about this in another thread a while back. dig it up and figure it out if you care.

Flag Post

You dont have to, just link me there and I will read it. :)

Flag Post

I don’t remember the title of the thread. Nor do I feel like finding it. Look it up :)

Flag Post

Ok your lost, I was willing to re-read thread.

Flag Post

i’m lost? i think i know where i am.

My loss? I think it’s your loss if anything. You guys act like you’re doing us favors by fixing bugs. You’re not. It’s part of your job. I barely play this game. I just come on forums now and then.

Again, incorporating customer feedback into each update is crucial to the success of your game. When we help you out by giving suggestions, identifying glitches, and giving criticism with the intention of seeing your product grow, you should be willing to listen, not ignore us or insult us. Your attitude is unappreciated.

Flag Post

Job? If I remember it right job = getting paid. I am doing this for free, using my own time.

In fact I don’t remember us getting paid besides the contest.

Flag Post

You’re still working, just not for pay. You get something out of your work, namely development of a skill set and something tiny to put on your resume. If you don’t like what you’re doing then quit. But don’t take it out on us. Drop the attitude.

Posts like this highlight the issue. You didn’t look at the map the original poster mentioned. You then directed a mod to lock the thread after erroneously coming to the conclusion that the original poster made it all up. After realizing you were completely wrong, you edited your post so it no longer said that the simpsons house does not have a girl in a bikini (every simpsons map has this or something worse… if you played the map you’d realize this). And then, finally, you took action after 12neo did all the work for you and called you out. Players should not be the one doing your work… especially with something this serious

My point is hear people out before you come to your conclusions. Give them the proper respect and maybe you’ll achieve something.

Flag Post

Failed to mentioned that I apologized and thanked the person to posted it.

Flag Post

You did. But a vacuous apology followed by repetition of the sorts of actions you now claim to have had apologized for makes absolutely no sense to me. You continue to jump to conclusions as you did in this very thread and this thread. Find out what someone is saying before you make attempts to silence them.

Also, you apologized to people who had played the map. You didn’t apologize to chancho for completely disregarding what he said. You didn’t apologize to neo for having him do the work that you or someone on the CS:P team should have done. You didn’t apologize for your complete disregard to inappropriate content or the incorrect actions you took. When you mess up, at least admit it. Don’t just try to defend yourself. Understand what you did wrong and try not to repeat it.

All I’m saying is change the attitude.

But let’s not go too far off topic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CSPortable_Vile:

There aren’t available public previews of the second variation yet – which is why it wasn’t shown.

A new thread was not stickied as the announcement of the replacement release for maps wasn’t suppose to be made just yet – but Sergio was unable to contain him!

Tomorrow, during office hours, I will be certain to have an appropriate thread stickied to cover the general inquiries of “Where did the maps go?!”

Apologies for any disruptions this might have caused.

Apology accepted, but in future please try and remember that the community wants info.

In fact, the ‘About/News’ section in-game should probably also be updated to reflect the current state of things, because this is where I went directly after coming here post-discovery of dust2 gone and couldn’t find any info in either location.

Flag Post

Thanks for making the game better dev team! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by prakka_:

There aren’t available public previews of the second variation yet – which is why it wasn’t shown.

A new thread was not stickied as the announcement of the replacement release for maps wasn’t suppose to be made just yet – but Sergio was unable to contain him!

Tomorrow, during office hours, I will be certain to have an appropriate thread stickied to cover the general inquiries of “Where did the maps go?!”

Apologies for any disruptions this might have caused.

Apology accepted, but in future please try and remember that the community wants info.

In fact, the ‘About/News’ section in-game should probably also be updated to reflect the current state of things, because this is where I went directly after coming here post-discovery of dust2 gone and couldn’t find any info in either location.

As stated, the official announcement was not suppose to be made yet. We here at Critical Force Entertainment Ltd. are happy to keep the community informed – the announcement was premature, and unexpected – so I was unable to post an appropriate topic for informational purposes.

Unfortunately, The ‘About/News’ section is, can only be, updated by Igor – he has been very busy working on a variety of features, and testing new hardware, and has been unable to appropriately edit the section. This is very unfortunate, because most of our players come from mobile devices, and do rely on the About/News section FOR their news.

Igor has been informed already about the required news update, as well as posting information to the Comments Section to ensure that players who overlook the forums will be appropriately informed, too. =)

If I had access to the About/News section – or the ability to link a comment to an existing Top Comment – it would have been done. Take a look at some of the new features that I linked above. We’d love your input! I will be appropriately updating the page as more information is available.
[Page last updated today! (^_^;]
Please visit this thread here

Flag Post

i don’t see anything about a spam or chat filter. can you guys maybe make a commitment to implement some filter in some reasonable time frame? Or is it not really that high priority?

On a side note, chat filters might be a debatable topic. But you can always, at the very least, have a client-side setting for filtering or not filtering chat. I don’t see any harm in that. Then, at least players who don’t want to see curses all the time won’t see them.

Flag Post

please stay on topic.

Flag Post

now, when vile basically told us to visit the other thread to discuss the topic of this thread, you care about staying on topic? please.

Flag Post

you know you can make a thread just for that.

Flag Post

your point? what exactly is your gripe with me? it takes a couple of lines to answer my question. this thread is already dead. the last 20 or so posts have not been on topic. and many that have been off-topic have been by you.

when i said let’s not go off-topic in the post i made before my previous one, my intention was very different from yours. I did not want to delve into discussion of your character flaws. it was out of respect for you. why are you now telling me not to go off-topic for a thread that’s already dead? if it’s just to spite me, change the attitude. let’s not go through this again…

Flag Post
Originally posted by slixtrix:

your point? what exactly is your gripe with me? it takes a couple of lines to answer my question. this thread is already dead. the last 20 or so posts have not been on topic. and many that have been off-topic have been by you.

when i said let’s not go off-topic in the post i made before my previous one, my intention was very different from yours. I did not want to delve into discussion of your character flaws. it was out of respect for you. why are you now telling me not to go off-topic for a thread that’s already dead? if it’s just to spite me, change the attitude. let’s not go through this again…

Oh no, I wasn’t taking out on you, I been answering your post that leads to off topic but I passed that now. I know what your intentions so instead of getting off topic about the chat filtering you may start here I open a thread specifically for that topic for you :)

Flag Post

Followed your link Frank, and it was apparently to a locked topic – I am presuming that Slixtrix asked about the chat filter again, so I will briefly address the matter here:

The list for a chat filter is currently being constructed – I hope to have it finished next week.

After the list has been completed, it will be submitted, and the steps of its implementation will begin.

With any luck, it will be officially implemented within the month – however, I can not offer any specific release date.

Flag Post

i don’t understand the point of having that thread locked… vile, if you requested vforvendetta to lock it please explain why. vforvendetta, if you chose to lock it on your own, please explain why.

and fyi f2004w, the reason I did not create the thread is because of the absurd behavior regarding censorship by kong mods. I see no rationale for anyone to have locked that thread you created, yet I was certain that a thread like that would be locked because any healthy, productive discussion with differing viewpoints is not permitted on Kongregate (yes… you do need people with different viewpoints to effect positive change). now, you created the thread and it got locked. imagine what it’s like for dozens of legitimate posts and threads you make get censored or locked. pretty annoying, eh? I do appreciate you creating the thread though. thanks.

vile, it would be nice if you can give us regular updates on how things are going. your thread on the guns being implemented and your post on the chat filter / spam filter was a good start. keep it up. it would be nice if you sticky a thread called community feedback in which you post the updates you’re making and gather community feedback/thoughts about it…. just an idea

also, what’s a list for a chat filter mean exactly?

Flag Post

I rarely report posts, if ever – and most certainly wasn’t my doing – and the removal of your posts in the past, wasn’t my doing either.

I will definitely attempt to keep the community as updated as I can.

The list covers inappropriate words – in many languages.

I do not work until Tuesday – so I hope to have the list completed by Thursday.

Flag Post

I rarely report posts, if ever – and most certainly wasn’t my doing – and the removal of your posts in the past, wasn’t my doing either.

I will definitely attempt to keep the community as updated as I can.

The list covers inappropriate words – in many languages.

I do not work until Tuesday – so I hope to have the list completed by Thursday.

I’m pretty sure you’ve reported posts. And I’m pretty sure you’ve had others to do your bidding as well. I really hope you’d be more honest about such things. You wrote “I rarely report posts, if ever.” How can you not know whether you’ve ever reported a post?

But, I don’t think you reported the thread f2004w made. And I just wanted you to clear that up so I could understand why it was taken down.

If you do indeed keep the community up to date, I think they will appreciate it. The more the community knows about what’s being developed, the better quality feedback they can provide. And when you get quality feedback, you can change development plans accordingly. This ultimately leads to a better game.

I’m not so sure about the list idea. If you’re doing a very basic filter, you may want to just download a list of curses that exist for filters. I’m sure there are files that simply comprise blacklisted words for this very purpose. Either way, keep the model simple and make sure there are very very few false positives.