Chat Filter problem - Possible solution

6 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys.

As most of you have already seen, the chat filter is bugged. Like it counts everything that has the filtered words in somehow, swearing. With f*ck, it isn’t a big problem, but with words like ass, it can be frustrating. *Ass*assin for example.

I’ve got a possible solution. Make space count. When someone says ass (_ means space), it would get filtered. However, when somebody says assassin, it wouldn’t.

There is a little bit more coding in it, I think, but it basically just needs more filtered words. f*ck is okay, but if space becomes counted, f*cker, f*ckhead and etc. should be filtered, too.

It is just an idea, awaiting for feedback. So, thoughts on it?

Flag Post

No feedback? (bumping lvl 2)

Flag Post

The forums are quite dead :S
Supporting this idea.
Still, I prefer having the option of turning off the filter.

Flag Post

I don’t mind people swearing, but i know some people do. I like the idea but i don’t had a single problem with the chat filter censoring my un-offence texts. Why would you write the word assassin in a fps-game? :P)

Flag Post
Originally posted by xProStar:

I don’t mind people swearing, but i know some people do. I like the idea but i don’t had a single problem with the chat filter censoring my un-offence texts. Why would you write the word assassin in a fps-game? :P)

But you do write the word “Classic” in this game right ?

Flag Post

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Fatboy The turning-off functions is quite a good idea, too!

@Prostar The biggest problem is the names. Like, if my username is assassinpro or something like that, it is censored, too.