Seriously, where are the less terrible players of this game?

64 posts

Flag Post

I’m pretty confused. For the past couple of weeks since I’ve started playing the game there has been no challenging opposing players for me. Every game is the same – slaughter, slaughter, slaughter. Gold medals after gold medals. Every single game, no matter the game mode, I go in and start slaying my way to 50.

Question is – why are most of you here so terrible at this game? You guys are bad at TDM. Bad at DM. Other modes irrelevant. Classic mode dust2 (which isn’t even a good map to start, no idea why people even play it) is full of pinoy idiots speaking tagalog and camping retards trying to get a good K/D which makes it even easier. Classic is even easier due to no spawn campers.

Clans on the scoreboard are even worse. I’ve never seen a good player from the supposed “top kills clan” TNT, S+A, or every single clan there.

So, where are the less terrible players hiding? Come out and play.

Flag Post

Try not to use the “Top Clans” scoreboard for reference of good players. The scoreboard is based on total kills of a clan – with no official method of recruitment, many players simply copy clan tags – this results in massive, unorganized, clans – with hundreds of “members” earning the clan kills.

I’d recommend browsing a variety of clans within this very forum – there are a number of skilled ones.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CSPortable_Vile:

Try not to use the “Top Clans” scoreboard for reference of good players. The scoreboard is based on total kills of a clan – with no official method of recruitment, many players simply copy clan tags – this results in massive, unorganized, clans – with hundreds of “members” earning the clan kills.

I’d recommend browsing a variety of clans within this very forum – there are a number of skilled ones.

I agree. I’ve played too many shitty shooters where the “top kills clan” always claim to be the “top clan” when they truly suck (e.g. TNT in this game). Which is why I was careful to make the distinction.

Flag Post

If you are comparing players on this game with those from counter-strike, you will find people to be pretty bad. Half the players are playing on phones. And most players are actually very young and new to gaming. This is a byproduct of Kongregate, the site that CSP is hosted on, and the fact that CSP is a free game. Now, I’m not saying there aren’t ANY good players. There are definitely some good players (jomz, woootf, etc.), but by and large, most players in this game are bad. You will find the best players in this game on de_dust2, just as you would have found in the original counter-strike. Most sniper maps are for newbies.

In all honestly, I haven’t yet seen a good clan. There are definitely some decent players in Merq and TNT, but most players in them are bad. I cannot vouch for any clan I’ve seen so far being solid, esp. if you’re comparing them to counter-strike clans. Using the last season of CAL that I remember, the best clans would be cal-o or cal-im. cal-m would probably be out of the question. cal-p and cal-i are many leagues above all but a handful of players (maybe only a couple…) in this game. Many of the best players are actually clanless or just have some face symbol as their clan as a joke, e.g. :), =D.

I’m a decent player, but I was banned. Maybe that’s what happens to decent players. :)

Perhaps most good players just go and play the original game, Counter-Strike. It’s more enjoyable and has a more mature user base. And there’s not one central group that moderates all servers. The drawback is that the game costs money. This leaves people without money (i.e. the underaged user base) to play games like this.

By the way, there are definitely some good asian players. I think PINOY thumb is quite skilled. I think fox2 is a skilled asian player that plays as well. I see these two players somewhat often on US servers though. I don’t know if they play on asian servers.

Flag Post

carbinedevil,what server are you playing?,as if youre in asian server there’d be probably lots of filipinos youll see,and less diff nationalities.and this game is in kongregate and theres also lots of diff players here.and some of those “less terible players” your saying might be in diff time zones,which you cannot see them in some times,and in my experience in this game ive seen good players here and played with them too.and btw im an old TNT member and i agree with you too,partly. no offence. PEACE

Flag Post

@slix

Contrary to popular belief, de_dust2 on CSPort is the map where most terrible players who actually think they are decent gather. The map is not only heavily imbalanced (it favours CT greatly) and half of the original map is cut off. The result? More than 50% of CT are snipers and stay in one spot the entire game and the doors become a smoke/flash fest. TDM Dust2 is still OK but Classic Dust2… wow. Just a bad map with tons of bad players.

Yeah, I guess most good players play the real CS. A pity that CS is now in a transitional stage where people are still moving on from 1.6/Source to GO, so I guess I’ll be taking my chances with different shooters atm.

Originally posted by XCoNplayerPRoS:

carbinedevil,what server are you playing?,as if youre in asian server there’d be probably lots of filipinos youll see,and less diff nationalities.and this game is in kongregate and theres also lots of diff players here.and some of those “less terible players” your saying might be in diff time zones,which you cannot see them in some times,and in my experience in this game ive seen good players here and played with them too.and btw im an old TNT member and i agree with you too,partly. no offence. PEACE

I play on all 3 servers and at different times of the day and I’ve yet to see anything different ;)

Flag Post

I’m aware of the reasons why dust2 in CSP is ct-sided. The original dust2 in CS was heavily t-sided. This was probably modified due to copyright infringement. They got rid of the b-tunnel and double doors, but kept catwalk and long.

But, just because the map is imbalanced, it doesn’t mean that everyone who plays there is bad. Most people are bad wherever you go. But there is be a small set of players who almost exclusively play dust2, who are better than players that tend to play other maps. It also depends when and where you play. Every map that I go to, aside from REALLY small maps that have random spawn on, I find that I do ridiculously well. I’ve only played a handful of times on non-dust2 maps and far more than half the time I’m 10-1 or better. And, I’m rushing every round. I’ve gone 50-1 by only playing a handful of times up to (I’ve only played long enough to get gold maybe 5 or 10 times too…) on non-dust2 maps.I’ve never gotten 50-1 on dust2 though (although this may also be due to the fact that I chat more on dust2 as I know more people there). Still, if I’m playing against jomz, woootf, fox2, and a bunch of newbs, I will have a hard time maintaining more than 3-1. I’ve honestly never even seen a good player on a map that wasn’t a classic cs map like dust2, aztec, etc. Also, make sure you’re playing on dust2 maps where 3rd person is off. Any map that has third person on will undoubtably attract newbs. However, when jomz, fox2, etc. aren’t I usually don’t have trouble going 10-1 or better on dust2 either.

I would shift to GO if you want to play competitively. People will eventually shift to it anyways. If you are looking for competitive play, this game, which is actually targets the android, is NOT the game you’re looking for. FPS games are only competitive when restricted to computers only.

Honestly, the real game-breaker is what seems like client-side hit detection, which leads to weird things like draws and being shot after you kill a person. If these things didn’t exist, there would probably would be way better players that emerge in this game. But as is, this game is far more arcady than the real counter-strike. Bad design choices have led to a game that is less fun, I think.

Flag Post

Well, there are a few things about client-side hit detection.
In Call of Duty, there’s a rather well known issue that you pretty much have to guess where the player is on the other person’s machine, and aim there. So even if you’re shooting right at someone, you may not hit them unless they’re barreling straight at you.
To solve this, you can either use client-side prediction to figure out where the other player is and actually put their character there (harder method), or you can use client-side hit detection and just send damage messages (easy method). Obviously they opted for the second, since it can be fairly difficult to create complex networking setups like CoD in Unity, and most of the time works fairly well.
A few other games do this as well, like Unreal Tournament (they call it ‘zero-ping’ in UT, and all instant hit weapons do it)

EDIT: The other day, however, Igor showed me some screens of a new server he’s working on. I believe he’s actually going to be migrating from Photon, which means he can do all kinds of stuff on the server (have the server process damage messages, which will prevent things like Draws since the server will simply discard the other damage messages, and he can also do secure cheat detection on the server)

Flag Post

Maybe. I was explaining why, at least in its current state, this game cannot possibly be considered competitive by any reasonable measure. The only times it could be is if everyone has VERY LOW ping and client-side hit detection isn’t an issue. But then there are numerous game breaking glitches that have yet to be addressed that completely destroy competitive play for all maps. So, in short no. This game is not competitive, and I don’t see it being competitive in the near future.

If anybody wants to play a better, more competitive game, they should dish out the small some amount of money for CS: GO.

Flag Post

Slix; if you’re so displeased with this game, why do you bother playing it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CSPortable_Vile:

Slix; if you’re so displeased with this game, why do you bother playing it?

Vile, don’t start stuff. That’s poor conduct for head of support staff and everyone. I was just answering his question and explaining why this game is not competitive with the hopes of getting through to someone on the team who will actually do something to remedy it, rather than insult me.

I didn’t say this game has no value. I said that if he’s after competitive play, he shouldn’t be playing this game. He should play Counter-Strike. This game is fine for people with android’s or people like me who don’t care to dish out the money for Counter-Strike. I do like playing this game, but not necessarily for the reasons you think. I like talking to the same group of people in-game now and then and relaxing after I’ve done work earlier in the day.

Please, be respectful and hold yourself to at least as high a bar as you hold me to.

Flag Post

why do you hate us filipinos? and what’s the deal that you’re not telling us your csp’s account name. How will we know if you’re a “good” player if you don’t tell us your K/D.

Flag Post

Don’t worry lakingdog, not everyone hates filipinos. I like filipinos! Manny pacquiao ftw! I don’t think K/D means much. But I’ve seen plenty of good people in PINOY. For example, thumb is very good, I think.

Flag Post

Thing is. K/D ratio doesn’t determine skill.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lakingdog:

why do you hate us filipinos? and what’s the deal that you’re not telling us your csp’s account name. How will we know if you’re a “good” player if you don’t tell us your K/D.

Exactly. See, your notion of a “good” player is already flawed from the moment you asked for my IGN. My opinion about people who ask about K/D excessively?

1. Most of the time they are filipinos trying to 1-up someone who is better than them in game.
2. Campers with skeleton skin and AWPs with a ridiculous K/D stat like 600 kills 200 deaths on the scoreboard.
3. Non TDM/DM players.

Why do I “hate” filipinos? I don’t hate filipinos. I just dislike them in-game. But you basically just answered your own question.

Flag Post

Hm… your argument stinks of racism. Just sayin’

Flag Post
Originally posted by PhobicSoft:

One of the few times I agree with you… Be careful! Your post might get flagged.

Flag Post

Be careful! Your post might get flagged.

Meh.

Flag Post

Ha ha. No racism intended though. Just an observation I’d say. I’ve tried to make it less offensive by providing the distinction of “disliking them in-game”.

Flag Post

OK, but I still don’t think geography makes that big a difference in either competitiveness or noobishness.

Flag Post

OK, but I still don’t think geography makes that big a difference in either competitiveness or noobishness.

This, I disagree with. There’s a reason why SC2 players are better in Korea than they are in the USA.

Carbinedevil, it seems like you hate awp campers. But in all honesty, in the most competitive Counter-Strike games, you’ll find that awp camping is done quite often. I don’t awp camp, because it’s not fun. But, awp camping does not make you a bad player.

Flag Post

There are many good players in the Dust servers I play in. Paulin, Matador, AWP, almost all the :) people. And hey Slix whats good?
(MJMCPHER)

Flag Post

i would rather like to practice my 1v1 with awp (shot interval and click interval on 0.7 and fast reload). Though the randoms that i play with are no match for me :(. So does anyone want to do a friendly 1v1? (kong PM should be optimal for answering :P).

i’m 141 lukie01 btw ^^.

Flag Post

I woot love to play with you :-) “Scordaten” in game found under EU servers :-) Happy gaming

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carbinedevil:
Originally posted by lakingdog:

Exactly. See, your notion of a “good” player is already flawed from the moment you asked for my IGN. My opinion about people who ask about K/D excessively?

1. Most of the time they are filipinos trying to 1-up someone who is better than them in game.
2. Campers with skeleton skin and AWPs with a ridiculous K/D stat like 600 kills 200 deaths on the scoreboard.
3. Non TDM/DM players.

Why do I “hate” filipinos? I don’t hate filipinos. I just dislike them in-game. But you basically just answered your own question.

600 kills and 200 deaths isn’t ridiculous.. it’s been done plenty of times… with a rifle too btw… by a lot of people