Seriously, where are the less terrible players of this game? page 2

64 posts

Flag Post

600 kills and 200 deaths isn’t ridiculous.. it’s been done plenty of times… with a rifle too btw… by a lot of people

Yeah…. I don’t consider myself a very good player, but on some maps I can get a decent K/D without even trying.

Flag Post

I know…..its maddening not having anyone to challenge me in snipertowers….and the people that do get hack detected.

Flag Post

The more challenging people (or pros) are bored of the game. They keep pwning snipers like you and don’t care to play anymore.

Flag Post

this is a fourm for people to post on how great they are.. and not really necessary
quit being so damned cocky.. and i don’t really think you can possibly beat someone to 50 kills when they have 35 kills and you have 0 unless they are supreme noobs
but i do agree more ppl gota play maps like aztec ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by DirtLuck77:

this is a fourm for people to post on how great they are.. and not really necessary
quit being so damned cocky.. and i don’t really think you can possibly beat someone to 50 kills when they have 35 kills and you have 0 unless they are supreme noobs
but i do agree more ppl gota play maps like aztec ;)

It’s actually not uncommon. There are maps where I’ve averaged 7 kills per round while the leading player got 2 per round. After 7 rounds, if the other person starts with a 35 kill lead when I join the server, we’d be tied at 49. It has nothing to do with the other person being a noob. Some people just don’t play aggressively as they want to ensure they have a good k/d ratio. I don’t.

Originally posted by 84firedrake:

The more challenging people (or pros) are bored of the game. They keep pwning snipers like you and don’t care to play anymore.

+1. But I don’t mean this targeted at you. Once players reach a certain skill level in this game, it’s easy to kill nearly all the newer players. The game’s flaws such as glitches and skill ceilings due to things like client-side hit detection, lead them elsewhere, to more competitive games, like Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Source, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to name a few.

Originally posted by MattM114:

There are many good players in the Dust servers I play in. Paulin, Matador, AWP, almost all the :) people. And hey Slix whats good?
(MJMCPHER)

Hi Matt! I think many of the :) folks are pretty good for CS:P, esp. jomz (leader of the :) team/club/whatever) and woootf. I think Matador is pretty good as well. I don’t believe paulin is good, but that’s just my opinion. I actually used to be in :). I still consider myself part of :) but my account is banned. But even among this set of “good” players, few would be good in terms of professional gaming (CAL, CPL, CEVO). I consider players who play on teams like SK, 3D, etc. that play for $100k+ prizes to be good. I don’t think this game will ever be competitive enough to reach that level due to foundational flaws. This player seems good to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carbinedevil:

I’m pretty confused. For the past couple of weeks since I’ve started playing the game there has been no challenging opposing players for me. Every game is the same – slaughter, slaughter, slaughter. Gold medals after gold medals. Every single game, no matter the game mode, I go in and start slaying my way to 50.

Question is – why are most of you here so terrible at this game? You guys are bad at TDM. Bad at DM. Other modes irrelevant. Classic mode dust2 (which isn’t even a good map to start, no idea why people even play it) is full of pinoy idiots speaking tagalog and camping retards trying to get a good K/D which makes it even easier. Classic is even easier due to no spawn campers.

Clans on the scoreboard are even worse. I’ve never seen a good player from the supposed “top kills clan” TNT, S+A, or every single clan there.

So, where are the less terrible players hiding? Come out and play.

whoa. whoa. whoa. easy on the language dude. some can be offended by that speech (as a pinoy myself, i can understand that some english people think were idiots, but typically, were not that stupid and retarded) but anyway, all im trying to say is that we aint hiding from the start, probably you should be the one finding them because some pros only stay in 1 or 2 maps….

PINOY———— proudpinoy

Flag Post

What’s your in-game name?

I’ll play you whenever you want if you’re that good.

Flag Post

Just wanted to say something to those players who quote rank as an indication of their skill…
Rank means nothing in this game. Seriously, rank is just a step above completely meaningless in this game.
For instance, if you take a look at my profile (ign ‘masaaki’) you’ll see that I’m currently rank 4. I must be a pretty good player, right? Wrong. About half the time I well and truly suck at this game. But if you start with a new account at 0/0 kd, all it takes is one or two good performances and BLAM! you’re in the top ranks. I literally went from like rank 20 to rank 4 over the span of 3 CTF games. It’s really not that hard, and thus it’s meaningless when it comes to determining score.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PhobicSoft:

Just wanted to say something to those players who quote rank as an indication of their skill…
Rank means nothing in this game. Seriously, rank is just a step above completely meaningless in this game.
For instance, if you take a look at my profile (ign ‘masaaki’) you’ll see that I’m currently rank 4. I must be a pretty good player, right? Wrong. About half the time I well and truly suck at this game. But if you start with a new account at 0/0 kd, all it takes is one or two good performances and BLAM! you’re in the top ranks. I literally went from like rank 20 to rank 4 over the span of 3 CTF games. It’s really not that hard, and thus it’s meaningless when it comes to determining score.

That’s sacrilege. You’re disagreeing with Vile, who muted me and reported my Kongregate account for saying that every rank system will be inherently flawed on Kongregate chat. Watch it!

I’m just kidding of course. You and Vile are both correct. Since I’m not a moderator, I was wrong to point out a flaw in the ranking system. I was completely out of line!

Flag Post

Jesus Christ, Slix. Don’t start in this thread, too.

Flag Post

I never got why people hype de_dust2 on CSPortable, saying that all the “pros” hang out on there. To me, it is the easiest map and where all the terrible players of the game gather. So today I sauntered into a dust2 map on USA, to see all the overrated players (e.g. jomz, matadorprof, the normal TNT crew etc etc on the opposing team) there. In 4 rounds I’m already 17-1, and at the end of the game I’m 45-8. That’s not to mention when I came in the first player had 25 points. This is how bad dust2 players are. Seriously, players on any other map are better than these overrated dust2 players. Even user##s kill me more often lmao.

Anyway, I had a couple of screenshots in case anyone thinks “no, the overrated players on dust2 can’t be that bad, you must be bluffing”, but unfortunately they turned out like this:

Maybe some support for in-game screenshotting could be added in the future?

Flag Post

You never answered me, what’s your in-game name? I’m assuming at this point it’s Carbine Devil and that you normally play in the Asia region?

Flag Post

I never got why people hype de_dust2 on CSPortable, saying that all the “pros” hang out on there. To me, it is the easiest map and where all the terrible players of the game gather. So today I sauntered into a dust2 map on USA, to see all the overrated players (e.g. jomz, matadorprof, the normal TNT crew etc etc on the opposing team) there. In 4 rounds I’m already 17-1, and at the end of the game I’m 45-8. That’s not to mention when I came in the first player had 25 points. This is how bad dust2 players are. Seriously, players on any other map are better than these overrated dust2 players. Even user##s kill me more often lmao.

Anyway, I had a couple of screenshots in case anyone thinks “no, the overrated players on dust2 can’t be that bad, you must be bluffing”, but unfortunately they turned out like this:

Maybe some support for in-game screenshotting could be added in the future?

Screenshot is blank? Weird.

Flag Post
Originally posted by prakka_:

You never answered me, what’s your in-game name? I’m assuming at this point it’s Carbine Devil and that you normally play in the Asia region?

Its carbinedevil and I play everywhere. USA most of the time though.

Flag Post

Ok I’ll look out for you – you never usually play Dust2, so what maps and modes do you frequent the most?

Flag Post

i also get 48 – 6 K/D scores whenever i go to dust and im not boasting it everytime i go to the forums.

Flag Post

That screenshot is horribly outdated. Igor’s rank in it is 10 and it is 18 now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slixtrix:

That screenshot is horribly outdated. Igor’s rank in it is 10 and it is 18 now.

Actually, it is 18 if you look carefully.

Originally posted by lakingdog:

i also get 48 – 6 K/D scores whenever i go to dust and im not boasting it everytime i go to the forums.

Ah. You see, one only boasts when there is something to boast about. 48-6 in Dust2? Nothing special there. All I did was to prove that Dust2 is a place for terrible players and there is no glory in beating terrible players. Say, maybe if I get a 48-6 K/D on a random map against a full team of user##s then that is something to boast about.

Ok I’ll look out for you – you never usually play Dust2, so what maps and modes do you frequent the most?

Any map/mode that has a lot of people. Normally TDM and Classic aztez.

Flag Post

Well I’ll search around for you, but I play probably much more than I should and I’ve never seen you so it may be a while till we meet in-game =)

Flag Post

maybe you are not that really good, maybe it is because of your ping. ping makes a big difference in multiplayer. it depends on your internet connection.it is how fast your internet connection travel your command through the server of the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by unknowpabloII:

maybe you are not that really good, maybe it is because of your ping. ping makes a big difference in multiplayer. it depends on your internet connection.it is how fast your internet connection travel your command through the server of the game.

Nice necro dude.

Flag Post

its me aseth di you add me?

Flag Post

I’m still up for gaming with you. My stats 18778 kills vs 2796 deads.

/Scordaten

Flag Post

Carbinedevil, what’s your IGN? I have never seen anyone in any de_dust classic game ever get a 50-8, aside from maybe disowned and only when I’m spectating (although she is by far better than me). Drop by the US server and play a few games, tell me when you play! A lot of good players are generally on around 7:00 -12:00 pm GMT -8.

Flag Post

I searched for days looking for you Carbine and never once found you.