Crazy Fairies FAQ (updated)

2 posts

Flag Post

WHAT’S UNITY? WHY DO I NEED TO INSTALL IT?

In a nutshell, Unity is a completely safe to use and powerful 3D engine for your browser (and also other devices). It enables you to experience rich and vibrant 3D worlds full of textures and lighting/particle effects.
Sure the games may take a little longer to download than simple ‘flash’ based games, but we think you’ll agree, once you experience a Unity game, the increase in quality is more than worth it.

• Due to the ‘modern’ nature of Unity, unfortunately not everybody’s computer will be able to run it. If you have a problem with Crazy Fairies, try another Unity Game (May I suggest Big HeadBash). If there’s a problem with that too, it sounds like your computer might simply be too old.
  • Here’s the official Unity Specifications page for the technically minded among you.
    http://unity3d.com/webplayer/hwstats/pages/web-all.html

-

CAN’T GET INTO THE GAME, DISCONNECTED OR STUCK ON LOADING?

Firstly, DO YOU HAVE A MAC?
If so, then you need to use the classic I.T solution. Turn it off and on again.
Then the order of ‘things you should try’…..

1. RESTART YOUR BROWSER
The easiest thing to try. Close your browser down fully and then re-open it. Don’t just try a new tab.

2. CLEAR YOUR CACHE
This handy guide will tell you how to clear your cache on all browsers.
http://kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_clear_cache_in_Firefox_InternetExplorer_Safari_Opera.html

3. TRY A NEW BROWSER
Occasionally your computer and browser combo just won’t work with Unity. Give another browser a try.

4. CHECK YOUR FIREWALL
Whether it’s a personal firewall or one that’s built into your OS, see if it might be blocking Crazy Fairies for some reason.

5. LAST RESORT. PORT FORWARDING
Using this guide, locate your router and try to forward port 7001 http://portforward.com/routers.htm

It’s also worth nothing that loading may take longer depending on your internet speed.
Please be patient. But loading shouldn’t take longer than 2 minutes on broadband connection.

-

OK, I’M IN, HOW DO I PLAY THIS INCREDIBLE LOOKING GAME?

• Great!! 99% of the time, our servers will be up and running and there’ll be no problems, but occasionally (and rarely) there’ll be a problem.
  • When you are selecting your server, can you see little green bars next to where it says “Connectivity”? If so, then everything is running smooth.
  • If you see little red dots, then the server is currently unreachable and you cannot play at the moment.
    Rest assured we’re currently whipping the server maintenance technicians with lengths of bamboo.

Once you’re playing, the controls are very simple…
- A & D or ARROW Keys to move.
- Mouse to aim.
- Press & hold SPACE to power up your shot.
- TAB to switch between weapons.
- Scroll-wheel to zoom in/out.

• We have a very active community who will more than likely answer you if you post a question in the chat room and we have plenty of moderators keeping an eye on things too (see below for a list)

-

MY GAME IS CHUGGING/LAGGING

• Going full screen can often remedy this. There is a button in the top right of the main menu, or alternatively, you can press ALT-F. Press ESC to leave full screen mode
  • You can also set the graphical quality of Crazy Fairies in the options menu. Choose from 3 different qualities.
  • Is your computer connected wirelessly? A wired connection is usually more stable.

-

TOURNAMENT? WHAT TOURNAMENT? HOW DO I ENTER?

• The tournaments on Crazy Fairies are entered automatically just by playing. As long as you’re in the game, playing and killing, your number of kills IS being added up and at the end of the current tournament, fingers crossed you may win a little gold.

-
GENERAL QUESTIONS

1. What do ghosts do?
Ghost will not impact the gameplay, you can just use it to distract people & it gives you something to do after you are dead.

2. How are turns determined? Are they random?
Turn orders are NOT random. We calculate your delay after your move. Delay = Time spending + card spending. The less you delay you have, the earlier you can move in the next round.

3. Are there keyboard shortcuts to use cards? & are the cards reusable?
You can press number key to use the card, card give you extra effect on your attack, card can only use once and you can get them from chest and shop again.

4. The game is running slow on my computer, what can I do?
You can adjust the settings by going to the options menu.

-

I HAVE A QUESTION, SUGGESTION, PROBLEM OR COMPLAINT

If you see any of the following people online, they’ll be only too happy to help.
FlightTribe
Rytontheawesome
BladeLorD001
TheSilenT
NanoDestiny
Glock243
Kikola
SpicyHorse

And if you’re REALLY lucky you might even see americanmcgee online.

Flag Post

Current devs/mods are:

Allengqwiang
americanmcgee
FlightTribe
NanoDestiny
Ophelea
Skymare
zairs