Market problems

6 posts

Flag Post

Alright, I’d like to make a few complaints and questions about the market- things either need to be made clearer, or simply fixed.

1. BIDDING: How does bidding work? When a bid is taken, the bid number does not increase by one gold, so multiple people will bid the same amount, so who would earn the item? On top of that, is gold refunded to those who bid but do not get the item? Why can you not withdraw your bid? Why can you not increase your bid after bidding once?

2. BUYOUT: Why can you not increase your bid to the buyout price to buy an item? To make this clearer, I mean: If there was a Midas Belt on sale, bid price 2 gold, buyout price 5, and I bid on it 2 gold, why am I unable to then add 3 more gold to my bid and buyout the item altogether? Also, must we set a buyout price?

3. OTHER STUFF: Why are items always put on the market for a period of 7 days? Why can we not increase or decrease this amount? What happens if a sale fails (the 7 day time is up and it has not been sold) and our inventory is full? Will the item get deleted? Why can we not see the mermaid or a fairy in the market’s gap on the right, like the shop? Why is it possible to search “Weapon, set item” together, when that will always yield zero results? WHY MUST THE MARKET ALWAYS BE GOLD- why can we not sell and bid for silver? Why does the “congratulations, your item has been sold” mail not tell you who bought it? Why can we not sell gems on the market?

I realise there are a LOT of questions there, but I truly feel the market is not even slightly clear. The only thing that makes any sense to me is immediately going for “buyout”. If you could answer these, I’d be very grateful.

Flag Post

“1. BIDDING: How does bidding work? When a bid is taken, the bid number does not increase by one gold, so multiple people will bid the same amount, so who would earn the item? On top of that, is gold refunded to those who bid but do not get the item? Why can you not withdraw your bid? Why can you not increase your bid after bidding once?”

Why would the bid go up after you bid the starting amount? If an item is listed for a starting bid of 20 gold, the first bidder bids 20 gold, then the others much raise it. Yes, I’d assume gold is refunded if you don’t get the item, this isn’t quibidz. Because you already bid. Why would you want to do that? You’re already in first place.

“2. BUYOUT: Why can you not increase your bid to the buyout price to buy an item? To make this clearer, I mean: If there was a Midas Belt on sale, bid price 2 gold, buyout price 5, and I bid on it 2 gold, why am I unable to then add 3 more gold to my bid and buyout the item altogether? Also, must we set a buyout price?”

Does bidding and then later using the buyout button work? You can’t “bid” the buyout price but only buy out the item. If you don’t want to set a buyout price you could just set it to 9999 or something.

“3. OTHER STUFF: Why are items always put on the market for a period of 7 days? Why can we not increase or decrease this amount? What happens if a sale fails (the 7 day time is up and it has not been sold) and our inventory is full? Will the item get deleted? Why can we not see the mermaid or a fairy in the market’s gap on the right, like the shop? Why is it possible to search “Weapon, set item” together, when that will always yield zero results? WHY MUST THE MARKET ALWAYS BE GOLD- why can we not sell and bid for silver? Why does the “congratulations, your item has been sold” mail not tell you who bought it? Why can we not sell gems on the market?”

The first one is one of those “what if”s. If you’re that worried about it then clear out room in your inventory. Not sure what the second one means. There are no weapons with set item effects, set item effects are only for equipment. There will be a market for silver in the future. Privacy I guess, I don’t see a reason to include this feature. Probably because they’re already purchasable in the shop directly by gold.

Flag Post

Thanks guys, I will take that and hope it can be patched asap

Flag Post

just one question how do you claim the item you just bought out?

Flag Post
Originally posted by falken00:

just one question how do you claim the item you just bought out?

From the mail

Flag Post