Major problem with leavers

15 posts

Flag Post

Right now, at higher levels, almost every quick game matched with a player ends instantly with one of the players leaving (or right before the killing blow).

For example, in my last game, I fought someone of equal power to myself. The game went 7 rounds, we both used a lot of cards, and I finally had the chance for the winning shot. He instantly disconnected, leaving me with nothing. That’s messed up.

In every other multiplayer game of this fashion, there is either a penalty for leaving or compensation for the remaining player. There needs to be something like that here. I’m tired of grinding on bots, their patterns and limitations are really easy to figure out.

Flag Post

Lol.

I personally don’t like fight real players.

Make compensation for the other player. Not a penalty.

Flag Post

Hi TheSilenT

The problem should be fixed in the second build of last night. Can you take a look, but we still have limit on instant kill in one round, can you guys comfirm that

Flag Post

People have left in my games 4 times today and I have received neither exp nor a treasure chest. I think that limit on “instant kills” or whatever is stopping it, since a leave or disconnect is marked by the opponent taking their full HP in damage.

Flag Post

It’s still not fixed @spicyhorse, if anything, i would personally just be happy with giving some sort of penalty to people that decide to instant-leave or leave in general, such as they lose xp, or are limited from joining another game for a certain amount of time (such as 5 minutes~10 minutes).

We also get no chests as well, though i do seem to get slightly more pvp exp than before.

Flag Post

That would be even worse if the leavers would have some kind of xp penality, i guess much ppl would left the games just to keep their lvl low so they can grind on low level players way more,
maybe if they’d lose some credit or even get marked with somethin so other players would know if they’re usually leave games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mean:

That would be even worse if the leavers would have some kind of xp penality, i guess much ppl would left the games just to keep their lvl low so they can grind on low level players way more,
maybe if they’d lose some credit or even get marked with somethin so other players would know if they’re usually leave games.

Nah. The real reason most people at high levels leave games is because they want to grind on bots, not real players. See: Glock. Though I’m more in favor of simply awarding the remaining player the win instead of punishing the leaver. Maybe a bit of both.

Flag Post

I’m sure it looks like I leave but truth be told, after every round the stupid game errors out and crashes Shockwave on my computer so I have to refresh to see anything. I quit this game.

Flag Post

Hey Lee_Wolf, we’re sorry to hear you’re having this problem. We are still in beta and we are solving the bugs as they appear. For instance, this one will be fixed in the next two builds. Anyway, thanks for the feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Flag Post

could the leaver be replace by AI ? at least player get the chest and exp

Flag Post
Originally posted by nickisthemost:

Second this idea.

Flag Post

Nick, that is the most logical solution. I like it.

Flag Post

Aye!

Flag Post

best solution ever it will make this game simply AWESOME.

Flag Post

I am a gold rush 8 time champion and leaving si the key to success… sorry bout that fellas. :) woot