The Value of Gold

19 posts

Flag Post

It is a interesting that the value of gold in this game is comparable to the value of gold in real life. As Warren Buffett once put it, we dig it up, only to put it back into the ground again (in vaults). It has no real intrinsic value.

At the moment, gold in this game has no real intrinsic value. The items which cost gold in the shop are overpriced enormously. Who’s going to buy an emerald for 15g for example? The value of gold is only worth as much as what people are willing to pay for it at the moment. It is an artificial value.

I would suggest making the shop market display items at fair prices that people will actually spend gold on. Perhaps a fairer exchange rate, such as 3000 silver for 1 gold, rather than the 1000 silver to 1 gold, would encourage the gold market to flourish without imbalancing the game. This is of course on top of making the gold items about 90% cheaper than they actually are.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Flag Post

upgrrading 5→6

7x emerald 105 gold
5x ruby 125 gold
4x sapphire 180 gold
2x amethyst 130 gold
1x diamond 80 gold
_________________________-
610gold = 61 dollar…

lvl 7,8,9,10 ? 1000, 2000 dollar ?

Flag Post

Touche

Flag Post

indeed, after a while you will need gold to get further. So it becomes a pay to win game

Flag Post
Originally posted by batteri:

upgrrading 5→6

7x emerald 105 gold
5x ruby 125 gold
4x sapphire 180 gold
2x amethyst 130 gold
1x diamond 80 gold
_________________________-
610gold = 61 dollar…

lvl 7,8,9,10 ? 1000, 2000 dollar ?

more since you don’t always succeed.

Flag Post

How you expect ppl to upgrade there equipment from level 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 if from level 3 5 10 15 20 25 pve and quests we rarely have a chance to get gems!
Then comes the chance to fail an upgrade,is that really a 70% chance from level 3 to 4?Why we fail 2 or 3 times in a row at 70%!?!
Why are secret stone overpriced and they dont drop from chest or at least they could come from daily chest?
When I 1st started the game I used to get like 5-8 gems a day with less pve options cause I was lower level,even gem box is now giving 1 emerald when I used to get a diamond and a sapphire at my 1st gem box,everyone isnt getting gems these days same thing with special items after hundred of lame no bonus item we get +5 atk/def stuff!
So shop overpriced!! Market is full of junk!! Gold is becoming useless!!

EDIT: Sry for the rage it’s just what I pick up from players in the chat.

Flag Post

its very simple to understand, when something works (and becomes popular) the owner/creator needs to improve everything (and that cost money) however, they become greedy and try to make it a business and gain a lot of money (check other games in social networks too, its the same, everything is based on how big is ur wallet or credit)

Flag Post

LOL Ranguen, we /are/ a business. We have people who feed their families with the salary they earn from the items the players buy. Otherwise, there would be no games.

Flag Post

I don’t understand why everyone complains about why in-game items are so expensive when paid for with real life cash. It’s a good business model that benefits players because it essentially makes it hard for players to buy power, because if players could pay for level 6 items with a few bucks, this would essentially be a “pay-to-win” game and I doubt there will be many people playing it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walter1990:

indeed, after a while you will need gold to get further. So it becomes a pay to win game

Pay to win? Perhaps if that person is willing to pay thousands, and thousands of dollars to ’’win’’. It’s a better choice to just farm for the gems. If anything, further levels is where people spend money LESS because the amount of money required to actually level even one thing up becomes extremely expensive, while earlier on, it’s easier and far cheaper.

Flag Post

If you want to make more money add a 10 gold for 10 kreds option cause ppl would have some spare kreds from other games.

Flag Post

Zairs and BladeLord are right. From a financial point of view, it is very expensive to “pay to win” right now, which means most people won’t spend kreds. Right now it’s a purely grind to win game. From a business point of view, I would make spending 50 USD produce a very notable effect. The downside is that you would have a typical “pay to win” game which would also piss off a lot of people. This is why I advocate a system where gold/kreds can only get you so far, and time spent/skill is required to get you further.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MiamiBigAL:

Zairs and BladeLord are right. From a financial point of view, it is very expensive to “pay to win” right now, which means most people won’t spend kreds. Right now it’s a purely grind to win game. From a business point of view, I would make spending 50 USD produce a very notable effect. The downside is that you would have a typical “pay to win” game which would also piss off a lot of people. This is why I advocate a system where gold/kreds can only get you so far, and time spent/skill is required to get you further.

It is not quite that much of a “pay to win” since upgraded weapons require a higher level. So it’s impossible for someone to start playing and become more powerful than those 10 levels higher. If only they could perfect the advancement system so it won’t merely be a “pay to win” but a “pay over grinding” style.

Flag Post

I laughed at the chest at 60 gold (it is 60$, it’s enormous) when I looted: 3 shit normal items level 1. I paid 60 dollars for 750silvers… (ofc I won this gold with turnaments. But the idea is there)

Flag Post
Originally posted by AzzBeen:

I laughed at the chest at 60 gold (it is 60$, it’s enormous) when I looted: 3 shit normal items level 1. I paid 60 dollars for 750silvers… (ofc I won this gold with turnaments. But the idea is there)

60 gold is $6 lol…..

Flag Post

Don’t trust any chests… they will always bs you.

Only good chests are Gem Chests.

Flag Post

Problem is that its not a game anymore when you allow conversion of players time through real money.

Time saving convenience items are pay to win and ruin games, because progression is power and progression derives from time.

Flag Post

Most people dont understand that, so they think that “time skippers” are fine.

Flag Post

For new players –
You should only be using gold in the market or to buy topaz in the shop.