Someone hacking Market

30 posts

Flag Post

Hello,

Items are being instantly purchased on the market when they are lvl 3 or above at certain prices. I arranged to essentially trade items with another player. We both listed our items for 5 gold and placed them on the market. I put up a skull bomb at 1:56 p.m. GMT +00 time and they put up a necro-ring. Both were instantly purchased and we each received 5 gold but no items. Another player I spoke with earlier in the day had the same issue. Because it happened instantly it tells me someone is running a bot to update the market and instantly buy items.

You’ve made it impossible to trade items with other players. There needs to be some mechanism to trade and pay a fee. For now we’ve both lost lvl 3 items that are worth closer to 50gold each.

Spicyhorse if you are out there, feel free to message me and I can give you the timing details from my ingame email message.

Also, we should be able to see who bought our item. They can see who they are buying from, why can’t we see who bought it?

Flag Post

I agree, we should see who is buying our items to prevent abuses. For mistake i sold my sword with +20atk for 2k silver, and i wouldnt be so mad if it wasnt bought in 10second (maybe faster, i realize my mistake after 10s). I thought that i had bad luck, but i guess im not only one who lost their items is seconds…

Flag Post

I too have had this happen too me. It was an instant buyout. It did not show in my active auctions, and I received the gold in the market instantly after I posted the item. The obvious problem with this is now one person is getting a huge amount of great items for cheap while people are trying to exchange items in fair trade.

We, if not you, should be able to see who bought them. I put a Necro Ring in at 1:56 pm GMT as well, in fact, the same trade happytonamy mentions above. Thank you for your time and effort. Feel free to message me either here or in game (Roast).

Flag Post

I agree. I lost my decent upgrade midas belt lvl 2 with +18 def in the market just after clicking ‘sell’. Less than 5 seconds it was gone… And Spicyhorse couldn’t even keep track who bought it.

Flag Post

Just to clarify, our sales were instant. Not after 5 seconds. Literally gone instantly.

Flag Post

if spicyhorse told you they can’t track it, i don’t believe it. if you still have the mail in your inbox, they should be able to look at your character’s mail and see who lost gold to put it in your inbox. also, they can list in the market who is selling an item, so there should be a way to put in the mail who is buying the item. right now someone is getting all the best items dirt cheap while we are just trying to trade with others.

Flag Post

I said less than 5 seonds, so what I really meant it was instant.

Flag Post

Well they said it could be a “market error” but it wasn’t.

Flag Post

Hey guys,

I’ve forwarded this to the appropriate part of the team to see if someone is, indeed, botting items.

Regarding your request to see who bought an item, can you give me an argument for it? It could easily be abused and once your item’s gone there’s no getting it back. So, how would you use it?

Flag Post

Oh, and that ^ is me. It’s just the login I use to watch our other game. Sorry about the mixup.

Flag Post

Hello,

You asked me to reply here as to the utility of “why we should let you see who buys our items” so here is my answer.

1. With item unbind, you can try to negotiate with someone to buy an item back if you decide that you actually do want it. They can relist it, and you can pay a higher price.

2. Transparency is good. Only despotic governments want to keep people from seeing all the happenings of their system. They can see who is selling. Why can’t we see who is buying?

3. Because I’m a customer who has already spent kreds (real world money) to buy gold and I support the game. That being said, it’s a feature that I would like to make my gaming experience better and I believe other members who have supported the game would appreciate it also. The customer isn’t always right, but I believe in this instance it’s not an unreasonable request.

We are gamers. We understand things have bugs, don’t always go right, or are hard to implement. However, in this instance, something smells fishy. I did this with a second item while you were online and in chat to replicate it and I have both emails off both characters so I can give you the exact time it happened if you need more information.

Flag Post

I think that last paragraph is in referance to an item being gone off the market as soon as it was put up. If that is the case…I also put an item on the market for a transfer. I went straight to my alt that I wanted it on and had the market search pre set for Ogre belt Precious 1 silver and kept hitting the search button for about 10 min….there is no way I would not have seen it pop up at all. When I went to my chara that was selling it, thinking maybe I didnt hit sell, I saw a mail msg saying it was sold all ready. That tells me it was gone as soon as I put it up. Dont know if there is a market bug that just took it or what but it has been said the delay is around 7 min for it to show up on the market. I was hitting search once a second.

Flag Post

So guys, just letting you know that we’re going through the data now to see if there’s any shenanigans and irregularities going on.

Will report back tomorrow with our findings.

Flag Post

thanks. please let us know as soon as you find out. would be interested in knowing if our items would get returned if you find out there was some shenanigans going on.

Flag Post

I do NOT want my item back!

Flag Post

That cool Solevita……but I do want my item back. It was lvl 3 ogre belt. I dont remember the exact stats but it was something like 60+/25+/25+ with +20 def. I DO want that back

Flag Post

Hey folks,

Good news and bad news.

Good news first! There’s no botting going on. We checked the data since the market delay went in and we see no evidence of a bot.

Bad news! Definitely a bug. This is one of the reasons the market delay was put in place, because we were losing items. With the delay we just saw a different behavior (the items were still “disappearing” but you were getting your buy-out price, too).

In the next patch (tonight?), there will be a fix.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Flag Post

so do we get our items back?

Flag Post

I really hope we get our items back….I mean I had just bought that belt from dual smoke and upgraded it to lvl 3….it had +20 def….Lots of gems lost and the belt itself which was nice.and the purchase price. :(

Flag Post

So some stuff that r getting sold may be a bug? Awesome! Sells everything at 99999 gold lol! (definitely trying this even if it the money gets removed)

Flag Post

Some players have already spent the money they received. The only way to return items would be to do a /complete/ roll back to last week and we’re not willing to do that. I am sorry.

Flag Post

Outstanding…I put that item up for 1 silver for transfer. So I loose a ton of work and a really good item. I am not happy one bit.

Flag Post

In the end it is a market and everyone could have bought it before you or your `trading` partner..

Flag Post

In the end..it was a bug making the item dissapear before the posted time…..what now? Still a big loss for me and for what?

Flag Post

all right this is really pissing me off…..every item I have lost on this dam thing has been lvl 3 with nice stats sold at 1 silver or 1 gold for transfering to another chara…..This is 3 times the dam thing dissapears and never shows up on the market for me…I do nothing but hit ok button in market with search parameters for my items specifically……Get the god damned hacker or fix this bug please…I am getting really #&^! pissed off at loosing nice items because I am NOT able to transfer to my other chara safely.