Frozen Dadolino

3 posts

Flag Post

This is a copy-paste of my topic on Spicy forum. I am putting it also here, coz I am sick and tired of explaining to people what happened. In the week that has passed, there was 1 important change. They did manage to give control of the clan to some1 else. So at least totally innocent clan members, wont be punished.

Hello CF maniacs!
I opened this topic to explain what happened. I don’t expect to change anything with it. I have given up hope of that happening.
Lets start at the beginning. A week ago, I got the info from 1 of the players, that there is a bug in the mailing system. As I understand (please know that I am no hacker or net guru) they forgot to change 1 little thing when they changed the pricing of the mails. Before all the mails were charged 500 silver, but a few weeks ago they put a new sliding price list. More you send, more you pay, but forgot to correct the returning amount in case you wrote a false player and the mail was delivered back. So you were charged 10 silver for sending a mail to an non-existing person and got 500 back when the same mail returned to the sender. So you got 490 silver for every mail that you have sent to some1 who doesn’t even exist. All the top players have a problem with silver coz of the upgrading, enchanting….. Who wouldn’t be happy to have a system to make your own silver? As they say: Opportunity makes a thief. I used this bug for a few days and made a few 100k silver like that. Lets say it was 300.000!
What was happening in the Spicy HQ during the weekend, I don’t know and will not comment on that. (but I have some very interesting theories) The point is, they found the bug and have banned as Ophelia said in her topic, about 30 players. Did all 30 use this bug? No idea, but lets say all the others did and I already told you that I did do it. Are those all the players that used the bug? NO! Now that is a very very disturbing information!!!! Why and how did some escape the punishment? Well, if you find out, let me know.
Most of you have played different online games. You are probably used to a some kind of RULE-BOOK, where it is EXACTLY written what you can not do and what kind of punishment you will get if you do! Normally there are 3 stages. 1st offence warning or a ban for a few days, 2nd offence OF THE SAME KIND, a week or maybe a moth ban and 3rd the highest is 1 year ban, or ban forever. The last 1 is reserved for REALLY big offences and to players who just don’t learn from lower punishments and do the same offence again and again. CF is a different world my friends. If you didn’t know till now or didn’t believe it that Spicy is a Chinese company, now you can! Like in the Chinese law (if there is one), there is only black and white. Not guilty (doesn’t happen very often) and guilty, where there is mostly 1 penalty. Bullet to your head. A hard core right-wing would say: THATS GOOD! Maybe it is, IF YOU KNOW IN ADVANCE EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG AND WHAT RIGHT. That’s why a normal system is, to write EXACT information’s about that. Here? Not the case. CF has TOS (terms of service) and when you read it, you come to only 1 conclusion. SPICY and people who work there, have a divine right to say what is right and wrong. They can even decide differently today, than they did yesterday. What can you do about that? NOTHING, coz you agreed to this idiotic To S and they can do whatever they want with your accounts.

Everybody who don’t like me, will say: SERVES YOU RIGHT, why did you cheat. Well in a certain perverted way, you will be right. But let me show you something:

WHAT I LOST WITH THIS BAN:
- Account with 3 characters on kong (Dadolino lvl 50, Dman 69 lvl 19 and Mondi lvl 9), each of them a top ten in his category. The account is worth more than 5000 gold (about 500$). And this is only the invested money and the prizes that were won. Let’s forget the 3 moths many hours each day, that were lost building the account
- Clan Billboard has a ghost leader now. 2nd biggest clan has a leader, who doesn’t exist any more. Well that’s easy you think, they should put another leader and its fixed. NOPE! You can read below why.
- Because I will stop playing this game (now tell me, who would not do the same in my shoes), I will also delete my account on FB with 3 characters, but that 1 is maybe worth 500-600g and the account on spicy with 3 characters on spicy server and 1 on midas server. Well that 1 is not that bad and its worth more than 1500g. Why do I say that I will lose that? Coz there is no way to get money back out of the game. Not even if we talk about gold, but that is normal and at least I will make some people happy with the gifts they will receive before I delete this piece of #$%&#$ from my PC!
WHAT I GAINED WITH THE BUG:
- 300.000 silver!!!!!!
Now compare and tell me once more, that this is justice!!!!

HERE IS MY CORESPONDENCE WITH SPICY, OR BETTER I SHOULD SAY DEVELOPER OPHELEA (sorry, but I will never believe that you are 1, you are marketing):

1ST MAIL:
To: Ophelea
Subject: frozen acc

Hello!

Its Dadolino. I don’t really know what to write. I did exploit the bug, yes I admit. I made a few 100.000 silver like that. Do I need to be punished? Yes, I agree that I need a punishment. But what you did is WAY to big. There are 3 characters on that acc. Freeze, even delete the smaller ones, if you want. They are worth much more than a few 100k of silver. Take away the gold I have on the acc, it is also worth much more than that. But give me back please my main character. Also for you guys, this is not a smart move. You know that I am 1 of the people that buys a not that small amount of gold every week. Do you really think that I will continue playing after this? NO! I will cash out all my accounts. 1 on FB with 3 characters, 1 on spicy with 3 characters on 1st server and 1 on 2nd server. For gods sake, I didn’t build a character on stolen silver. I just did it in the last week (I didn’t know about that bug before), so that I could upgrade faster with the gems I earned and the gold I paid for.
So, please reconsider your punishment in this matter and give me my main character back. Without him, I will stop playing this game.

Thank you for listening to me.
Dadolino

THIS WAS THE REPLY:

Subject: RE: frozen acc

Dadolino,

We’re aware of the amount of money you spend and you can’t hold us hostage with that. Everyone, regardless of the money they have to spend on this game, had their accounts frozen.

I am sorry. I know your character means a lot to you. But you can’t break the rules and not expect consequences. I hope you do continue to play – not for your money, but because it means something to you. And if you don’t, it will be a shame.

Ophelea

MY COMMENTS ON THIS TO YOU GUYS:
- I AM HOLDING THEM HOSTAGE??? I WISH I WOULD, BUT UNFORTUNATLY, I AM NOT!
- YOU ARE NOT SORRY
- But you can’t break the rules and not expect consequences. HUH?? I THINK THAT THE 1ST THING IN THE MAIL ABOVE, I HAVE ADMITED WHAT I DID AND THAT THERE SHOULD BE A PUNISHMENT.
- I hope you do continue to play – not for your money, but because it means something to you. AGAIN, WHAT?
? NO1 PLAYS THIS GAME FOR MONEY!!!!! WE PLAY IT COZ IT IS FUN ( when it does not lag, or freeze……) AND COZ OF THE PEOPLE THAT WE MEET HERE AND WE LIKE TO BE TOGETHER IN THIS CYBER PLACE

THAN I WROTE THIS AND GOT NO REPLAY:

Ophelea

In TOS it is written:
SPICY HORSE GAMES reserves the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary. Furthermore, we reserve the right to delete all user accounts or inventory of characters as warranted.

- why is the punishment permanent?
- where is it written that you get this for my offence?
- without any warnings?
- without any problems made by me in the past?
- why would you have to break any rules? as it is written, there are no rules! you guys have the divine power to decide what punishment you gonna give to any kind of offence.

WOW!

dadolino

THAN THIS:

To: Ophelea
Subject: Re: frozen acc

Can I be at least allowed to enter the acc for a short period of time?
I need to transfer the leadership of the clan to some1 else, why would you try to punish the others in the clan Billboard?
+ to transfer my items to my other acc, if you would like me to continue playing. If you don’t want me to play on, than let me give away the stuff.

REPLAY:
Dadolino,

We have no way to do that without bringing down the servers – twice.
I really am sorry.

Ophelea

WELL THIS…………………….THIS IS JUST RETARDED!

Last but not least, a question for you ˝developers˝:
How come that after all these account freezing action, there is a guy on Midas server that brags in the Spicy chat about having 9,8 million silver (9.800.000 silver) and that he holds the secret how to make 500.000 silver every day and no1 from the Spicy DEVs, MODs, KGBs…… comments on his writing? Also interesting that the same guy tells me the same day I got the ban, that it is 100% permanent and that he will take us out 1 by 1.
You have been given a certain power, don’t abuse it, like you have so obviously started too!

Flag Post

Ok I understand you being pissed for losing the whole account that you spent so much time on. BUT, you knowingly abused a bug, and not just a time or two, assuming the return of about 500 silver you would of had to abuse it 600+ times to get the 300k. You can’t really expect them to say well you abused the hell outta that bug, but you have bought things so we’ll give you a break.
Honestly, from an outside perspective, I’d be more annoyed seeing someone get a break on abusing bugs just because they were spending money on the game or had a high level character. And I believe that’s what the “holding us hostage” comment was, yes it could have been said in a better way, but basically you can’t expect different treatment for the same offense just because you have more invested in the game than others.

Comming from someone who has had big problem with the disconnects/freezes during tourneys/events for the whole time I’ve been playing this, I could see the appeal of getting a little back when you found a way. But to abuse it to that scale and then expect a basic slap on the wrist just because you’ve had a lot invested in the game is massively naive on your part.

Flag Post

Still there were way better options for punishment than this! Especially when others do not get punished.