Motley Monday page 2

45 posts

Flag Post

Just responding so the page will become visible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by willday:

Just responding so the page will become visible.

You don’t need to. Just remove the ?page=2 from the link and you’ll go to the first page.

Flag Post

ok thanks speed

Flag Post

Its MondAy!!! :D

Flag Post

Congrats on noticing.

Flag Post

Thanks c:

Flag Post

Motley Monday Episode 6

Hello! Jiggmin put in two features — WASDI controls and upgraded mute option!

Okay you guys know what WASD controls are right? Now we have WASDI controls! The I is to activate an item, if you have one. It’s not just WASDI, you can change it in options. The reason Jiggmin made it changeable was because non-QWERTY keyboards wouldn’t be able to use the WASDI controls. The arrow keys and space bar still stay, so it’s like alternate controls and you can use both at once.

Now in options, the option only changes for music, not sound. In the old PR2, it didn’t really make a difference if you pressed the mute button in the lobby or in options, but now if you enter a map with the lobby mute on and the options mute off, you’ll find eerily that there is no music, but you’ll still hear the sounds of jumping, items, etc. It’s almost like the “None” when you switch songs, except there isn’t that glitch where you can’t chat with “None” on. So there’s that.

Well that’s it! And it’s both in options. Oh yeah. This is really trivial, but interestingly enough, Jiggmin typed the controls “SHI[blank][blank]” and then the camera went back to his face before he could continue. G’bye!

Episode 6

Flag Post

Motley Monday Episode 7

Good… midnight. So now we have +1 rank tokens! The loading screen is also now automatically skipped. =[

Well ax6 suggested that we have 1 +3 rank token instead of having to fold, since it gets in the way of folding for the 2 F@H hats. Of course, this is an issue to a lot of people, especially simmers. Jiggmin flipped the script. Instead of 1 +3 rank tokens, we have 3 +1 rank tokens. He also took away our +3 ranks from folding as a result, so those who folded are now 3 ranks lower. Those who haven’t folded… Are kept untouched by Jiggmin. You can get your +3 back by clicking the up arrow next to your rank in the Account tab. So far a total of 5 tokens have been proven to be awarded. One for 1, 500, 1,000, 1,000,000, and 10,000,000 points, each. I am not pleased that I’m now rank 33, but it does give me a chance to use my +3 wisely. I originally used it to go from 18 to 21… Impatience for crown much? =l

Well about the loading screen, you know the white thing that folds over itself repeatedly while you load? Well no more of that continuously. After you’re done loading, it skips straight to the thing that advertises JV and subsequently, Kong. No more staring at that for countless hours now I guess.

So that’s it. Good bye.

Episode 7

Flag Post

o^o My well earned 70,000 exp just got tooken away and i cant rank up… thats not right, it should be rank 34…

(Edit) I Just ranked up after i finished a race… x3 Yay… 34 lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kyuubi879:

o^o My well earned 70,000 exp just got tooken away and i cant rank up… thats not right, it should be rank 34…

(Edit) I Just ranked up after i finished a race… x3 Yay… 34 lol

yes yes i lost well over 200k anyways speed this thread is awesome, i know whats going on now, thank you. However you shouldve did reserves spot after the first spot just so that it is easier to see

Flag Post

Lol thanks. And yeah I’m not good with these sorts of information feed threads. I fully acknowledge that reserves should’ve been made.

Flag Post

Motley Monday Episode 8

Hi guys. So two new updates, plus something I’ll now post as an extra to Motley Monday.

Trial moderators! They’re supposedly people who are like between temporary moderators and members. Or was it permanent moderators and temporary moderators. Well I couldn’t find the thread where V posted this idea so I really don’t know anything.

Now for the second thing. Something a bit more explained in the video — the unlimited time feature. For maps that aren’t for racing like the infamous Devious Shadows’ Classic Traps, you could put infinite time. Instead of counting down from the maximum number, it counts up from 00:00. So basically the time will never wear out as long as you’re in the map. So I know what you time travelers are thinking. “Why not use the time bug?” Well new players don’t know how to do this. It makes it easier for people who don’t know. In the image below I use the time bug because I didn’t feel like waiting past 16:49 or whatever just to prove that this update is true.

Apparently, these caused a lot of issues like the cowboy starting off slow as heck without the regular 100 100 100 statistics, which I found was true. Basic block 2 got screwed up completely, only showing a dot. Trial moderators are in the group Members. But yeah, knowing our dear Jiggmin, these were all fixed. Until next week, g’bye.

Episode 8

Flag Post

Nice. ;p

Flag Post

Motley Monday Episode 9

My gosh, sorry I’ve been late for 5 days. xD I was somewhat inactive.

One update, hats in level editor! Well you can infer; you can now have hats in the level editor lol. You can switch to different hats while in the middle of testing your map at any moment, even if you’re run at high-speed, or jumping all over the place. This makes it a lot easier to find out glitches without publishing you map as “test” or something similar. Plus, if you don’t have the hat, that’s alright. Jiggmin included all 11 of the hats in the hat switcher, which you obviously can’t do while testing on published maps, of course. Some are a bit useless, but some are hats that not everyone can get, like the Super Flying Cowboy Hat!

Have fun with this new feature!

Episode 9

Flag Post
Originally posted by Speedster879:

Motley Monday Episode 8

One update, hats in level editor! Well you can infer; you can now have hats in the level editor lol. You can switch to different hats while in the middle of testing your map at any moment, even if you’re run at high-speed, or jumping all over the place. This makes it a lot easier to find out glitches without publishing you map as “test” or something similar. Plus, if you don’t have the hat, that’s alright. Jiggmin included all 11 of the hats in the hat switcher, which you obviously can’t do while testing on published maps, of course. Some are a bit useless, but some are hats that not everyone can get, like the Super Flying Cowboy Hat!

And now I suggested this idea… so am I in credit list?! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fahim95:
Originally posted by Speedster879:

Motley Monday Episode 8

And now I suggested this idea… so am I in credit list?! :)

Lul yes but I should remove the list. Sooner or later it’s gonna break the textile on the entire post. =/

Flag Post

Motley Monday Episode 10

Hi! Two updates and one heck of a screw up!

First one is the changelog; Jiggmin will now send PMs to all players regarding the Motley Monday changes automatically, so the people who don’t know about Motley Monday knows about all the news.

As for the second one, the thing everyone’s been wanting and the thing that all the excitement is about — the brand new Jigg Hat! It’s supposed to be like a tribute to Platform Racing 1 and Jiggmin.com combined. It’s pretty much the JV equivalent of the Kong Hat, but it also allows you to squish other people to slow them down, which was always an ability of PR1 without a hat, since there were never hats in PR1. Well that brings the hat count to 12… Still a tad handy I guess. Thing is, it’s hidden. And hidden well too! It’s in some random map that Jiggmin picked himself, but since geniuses have already figured out which one it is, there have been numerous places where you’ll find the location. For the sake of the fun, I won’t tell you directly. For those of you who are Sherlock Holmes or something, and like scavenger hunts, I’ll give you a hint — It’s located in a map that is copied right from PR1. Also, you’re gonna wanna not look at the comments, threads, and probably most of the chat messages too, so that might be hard! Well good luck.

As for the part where Jiggmin messed up; probably one of the best in all of PR2 history. xD Jiggmin was supposedly getting the colour code to the gingerbread body, but he accidentally scribbled part of the body’s texture as well. It resembles a gun… Or something else that I won’t point out.

I squashed some random poor fellow to get the image lol. I liked the timing — he jumped up while this other person was running away and I was just watching. Well yeah. Bye.

Episode 10

Flag Post

Notice anything different about the… “3,2,1,play”?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kyuubi879:

Notice anything different about the… “3,2,1,play”?

No. What?

Flag Post

Motley Monday Episode 11

Hey! So I’ve noticed I’ve started to not post images or episode links. I’ve been lazy and have not been exactly on task so sorry. It’s all good now. Well it’s almost Valentine’s Day! Also, did you know that Abraham Lincoln, the United States’ 16th president, was born today? Why did I mention these two dates, you may wonder? Well there are the new heart blocks for Valentine’s Day! But the States’ presidential birthday was totally irrelevant and trivial.

Heart blocks. <3 They are an important part of deathmatches now, and also for races, but not as important. They give you a new heart and temporary invincibility. Neat, huh? The invincibility is also outfitted with green sparks bursting from you, like the speed boost, but instead of them floating up gently, they go in different directions, fading away! Apparently, the invincibility mimics a crown — it will blocks all mines, lasers, and swords, but not lightning! The invincibility, however, will not wear off after the first damaging attack is blocked, unlike the crown. They dont last very long, but hey, every second counts.

Also, there are new exp bonuses. I believe you get a survivor’s bonus for surviving a deathmatch, but the amount of exp varies. But the highlight, or at least what I like the most, is the Welcome Back bonus! It gives you a whooping 1,000 exp bonus everytime you log in for the first time each day. Neat way to bring people back, but they’ll probably only log in, get the bonus, and log back out. I see a lot of simming in this update’s future…

Jiggmin had also mentioned a 11,111 exp artifact, stated by Fred, if you haven’t noticed in the most recent changelog PM. Another search for it will certainly ensue after the Jigg Hat… He fixed the gingerbread body too! I’m disappointed — I quite like the white/grey/brown stuff coming out of it. xD Bye.

Episode 11