Forums Ninja Warz

WITCH is better 20 dps slow or fast

28 posts

Flag Post

witch ones better?

Flag Post

I say fast because you are more likely to maximize your critical hit. eg. you have a wep that is 3x faster. You do 5 small crit hits which are 3x smaller. or with the slow you do 1 crit but you are about to do another…
It is like having a car going at a steady speed then the other one catches up but then he slows down. If the race finishes when the fast slow car is about to catch up WITCH is most likely the steady car will win. It is the same with the fighting.

Flag Post

Fast:

Pros:
More flexible attack power, if one hit misses, you dont lose a massive amount of damage output.
More criticals.
Cons:
Weaker criticals.

Slow:

Pros:
Stronger criticals..
Cons:
Less damage flexibility.
Less criticals.

Overall, its a matter of your own preference. at the same DPS, weapons have about the same damage potential, its criticals and such that are most effected by speed.

Flag Post

Rsc is half right, ironpenguin is completely right.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dylan118247:

Rsc is half right, ironpenguin is completely right.

How?I still don’t get it.

Flag Post

Just read my post at the top, then rsc’s, then you’ll understand XD

Flag Post

lol they are equal, thats like asking what is heavier, a pound of feathers, or a pound of steel

Flag Post

GUYS! I KNOW WHAT IS BETTER THE FASTER BECAUSE IF THEY HAVE THE SAME DPS THEN THEY HAVE THE SAME DMG AND CRIT DMG SO CHOOSE FAST BECAUSE IT IS BETTER

Flag Post

AND rsc65 WAS WRONG IT IS LIKE two fast cars with the same speed but 1 has more acceleration which 1 will win? the 1 with more acceleration because it can go faster sooner

Flag Post

If you have some some low health ninja you should give some fast weapon cause they might die before there first hit,
It’s owrk the same way for those with more health, at the end of the fight if the enemy have a faster weapon he might die before he can lend the last hit. (It won’t make a big difference for hight health ninjas)

Flag Post

And it’s more like race between a grasshopper and a caterpillar.
At the end of every jump, the caterpillar and the grasshopper are at the same point but the grasshopper need some time to prepare before he jumps.
If the the grasshopper lend just before the finish line he lose.
The grasshopper can’t beat the caterpilllar, and the probability of a draw is low since the grasshopper must lend on the finish line to do so.

Flag Post

or past it…

Flag Post

No if it go past it the caterpillar will reach finish line before

Flag Post

Faster weapons benefit more from att speed relics. 1 attack a second with a 10% speed relic is 1.1 attacks a second. 4 attacks a second with a 10% speed relic is 4.4 attacks a second. The slower weapon gains less than the fater one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aranq:

Faster weapons benefit more from att speed relics. 1 attack a second with a 10% speed relic is 1.1 attacks a second. 4 attacks a second with a 10% speed relic is 4.4 attacks a second. The slower weapon gains less than the fater one.

That’s not true, the percantage of attack power added is the same. if they have the same dps before the speed scroll they still have the same dps after the speed scroll.

Flag Post

OK THIS IS CONFUSING A LOT OF PEOPLE NOT ME BUT ID ASSUME OTHERS ARE GETTING CONFUSED SO JUST GO WITH SPEED

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorene:
Originally posted by Aranq:

That’s not true, the percantage of attack power added is the same. if they have the same dps before the speed scroll they still have the same dps after the speed scroll.

I said att speed relics, not power/ninja relics. True, the dps dosen’t change, as the 4 attacks a second is still 4x as fast and not any more, but it makes the other things that you’ve mentioned more true.

Flag Post

simple math. Both weapons do 10 damage per second. One has one 10 damage hit per second, the other has 4 2.5 damage hits per second. Here is one for 46 hp ninja(power would effect both by the same percentage, but I dont know what it is, so forget about power) Slow: 1.0 seconds, 10 damage, 2 seconds, 20 damage… 4seconds, 40 damage, 5 seconds, 50 damage. 5 second kill. Fast: 0.25 seconds, 2.5 damage… 4.5 seconds, 45 damage, 4.75 seconds, 47.5 damage. 4.75 second kill. The fast ninja would land the killing blow first and still have 10hp(20%)

Flag Post

Guys, i think you should take account of dodges and armor. Basically because you get mroe hits with faster weapons, armor is therefore more effective against faster weapons. Why? It is because the faster weapons have lower damage and its 50% off the damage it is dealing at that time. So if you get a 345 crit it will lower by 1/2 whereas a fast weapon does 15 40 crits where 1/2 will be factor in for each of the crits. I know I’m setting the case here but think about it carefully. Also, dodges are better for slow weapons because it turns something that can be potentially high stored up damage into a 0 damage if you dodge successfully. So dodge is therefore better for slower weapons. From this, I personally believe that there is no better weapon. It really depends on the situation and to tell you the truth i don’t think we can’t test this beacuse every time you fight there are different chances of dodging and crit-ing. Therefore, if you counter me with “oh, but i test it with my ninjas.” I’m sorry, but i can’t believe you.

Flag Post

faster weapon = more hits per sec = more critical hits
slow weapon = more dmg per hit = better against armored ninjas

example:
you do 200 dmg per hit with an slow weapon and 30% critical hit chance while the enemy has 10 armor = you’ll do 190 dmg per hit with a 30% chance
you do 50 dmg per hit with an fast weapon (4x fast as the slow) and 30% critical while the enemy has 10 armor = you’ll do 40 dmg per hit (160 dmg at the same time as the slow weapon = 30 dmg less) but you have a 30% chance with all of your 4 hits

hope everybody can understand it, because my english isn’t the best ^^

Flag Post

I’m confused, where are the Witches in this thread?

Flag Post

The effect vs armor is the main argument in favor of slow speed.

Don’t know if armor is that much of an effect in this game but in other games the only reason to prefer a fast weapon over slow is effects that do a fixed amount of bonus damage per hit or have some non-damage buff/debuff that you want to apply either quickly (like blindness for instance) or often (like heals you x number of hitpoints per strike.)

Since neither of those seem to apply to this game my guess would be go for slow over fast. But if say your power rating gives a fixed damage bonus that is NOT weaponspeed dependent then fast might end up being the better way. Since i dont know that, or how much armor a clan is likely to face its really hard to give a correct answer.

Flag Post

the slower weapon hits first if that helps you

Flag Post
Originally posted by msaga1:

the slower weapon hits first if that helps you

If this is true the slower wepon is better, i used to profer the faster wepon but, now the completely miniscule 1 hit extra with your main ninjas is the only difference, this advantage would be bettered by even low armour.
So basically the slow wepon is significantly better on ur noob ninjas (white belts) and the rest is debatable depending on what u say about the regularity of an armoured oponent.
But…. wait, the argument for the fast wepon being better is that it has a less severe penalty for a miss so it is more consistent but if the fast wepon gets owned by armoured ninjas doesn’t this ruin it’s apparent consistency which makes it ‘better’?

Flag Post
But…. wait, the argument for the fast wepon being better is that it has a less severe penalty for a miss so it is more consistent but if the fast wepon gets owned by armoured ninjas doesn’t this ruin it’s apparent consistency which makes it ‘better’?

Thats why it depends on the opponent. In MMOs, there is rarely ever `1 weapon to rule them all`.