I like to play multiplayer, but some people are just so stupid, I had to write something to explain some tips:
1. Barricades are essential to your survival. FIX THEM EVERY TIME YOU CAN !
They maintain the swarm outside for a few precious seconds, they are quickly fixed, give you a bit of XP and slow down the zombies. Don’t just shoot the creatures, fix the barricade every occasion you get (when you’re reloading for example)!
2. A wave isn’t over until the last zombie is dead. USE THAT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE !
- DO NOT KILL the last zombie, leave him alone, go and fix all the barricades before the next wave. Reload every weapon you have, you never know.
- If your health is too low, let the last zombie kill you, and wait until your resuscitate to kill it. Every player can do it, just not all together, otherwise the party is over.
3. Don’t just walk around killing zombies on the map. KEEP YOUR CORNER AND PROTECT IT !
Unless you’re going to grab a crate or need to move because of a quick monster, stay in “your corner” and deal with YOUR “clients”, don’t go on the other side of the map if your teammate doesn’t need you, because you’ll leave your corner unattended. Most of the time, you’ll have to watch 2-3-4 barricades, which isn’t too hard. Kill the zombies who are trying to break in, fix the barricade, kill further, fix, etc.
4. Hard kills are time-consuming, DON’T JUST WALK-IN AND STEAL A KILL !
If your partner has been trying to kill the Devastator for the last 2 minutes and is almost there and doing well, let him have HIS kill. Nothing more exasperating than working hard on the kill, only to have him taken away just before the final blow by some noob who has been doing nothing except collecting crates.
5. Your team needs you. DON’T QUIT THE GAME BECAUSE YOU’RE FRUSTRATED !
No matter how good you are, don’t rage-quit the game! It doesn’t matter if you keep dying, every zombie you kill will help the others. If you leave, your team will have to kill way more zeds.
I’ll add more if I think about other ones.
Those are some guidelines I believe should be respected to get a good multiplayer mood. What do you think?
Short version for the chat:
1. Fix barricades every time you can.
2. Before killing the last zombie and ending the wave, fix barricades and if needed suicide to get full health.
3. Keep your corner and protect it.
4. Don’t just walk-in and steal a kill.
5. Help until the end.