Constructive Criticism from an Intelligent Player

15 posts

Flag Post

Should any Ninjakiwi employee ever spare an hour to read this forum, I would hope they would have the time to listen to one player’s suggestions on how to improve the game from its current state into a much more fun and balanced game. Since the game is only about four months old, hopefully ninjakiwi has plans to either update or renovate their game.

I am currently about level 20 in SAS Zombie Assault 3 and have played it for four days or so. I have not paid money for this game, nor will I ever. What I will do is recommend good games to my friends. However, with the current state of this game, I don’t see myself doing that.

Firstly, the system of leveling up is not very well done. I have found that as I have gotten into the late teen levels, it takes me about 5-10 games to get to the next level. Onslaught levels can take up to thirty minutes to complete depending on the team. This equates to many hours of continuous play to just unlock one gun that I may or may not choose to buy and use. In my opinion, experience should be thrown out and replaced simply with money only. Very expensive weapons and upgrades (faster reloads etc.) should be purchasable at any time provided the player has the money. That way, someone makes the decisions for themselves on what guns to buy (shotguns, smgs, or machine guns) and what quality to buy (do they wait for a really good one or work their way up to it). This, in turn, provides a much more fun experience.

Second, the guns system is faulty. If a player wants to survive through a round, they must spend the majority of their time equipping a pistol or SMG. Bigger guns than that slow the player down to the point that outrunning the faster enemies is virtually impossible. SMGs have a lot more stopping power and larger mag (less reloading time spent) so they are almost certainly better than similar-level pistols. Larger guns (like those found in most powerups) are only useful if you’re hidden behind barricades or if teamwork is effectively used.

Which brings me to my next point: it’s very hard to organize your team effectively. The invisible f1-f5 system is terrible. I have seen no one use it thus far. An in-game chat system needs to be in place, either with typing or shortcut keys that everyone can see.

The whole game seems like a pointless grind. If it weren’t for the teammate aspect, this game would have little potential. Add larger teams (6+ would be great) and add larger maps. Add more maps in general, honestly. I’ve already completely memorized all of the maps and it gets boring to play on them like this. How hard is it to produce a new one every week, or month even?

Reduce lag, even if it sacrifices quality. It’s very very annoying to have to leave a match because one of your teammates is spinning in a circle and unable to move or die. I’ve had to exit 10+ games like this and it’s just a waste of hours of my time. It’s also annoying when players are shooting at enemies that you’ve already killed because lag takes forever to update the game at the same pace for everyone.

-Get rid of XP and replace it with more expensive guns and skills
-Make larger guns usable
-Make a better chat system
-Add larger teams
-Add more maps
-Add more game modes
-Fix lag

Flag Post

best advice ever. now if they would read this….

Flag Post

They can’t fix the lag, or even reduce it, it could just be your internet OR your computer is older than the game.

Flag Post

My internet is fine, but yes my computer is older than three months. Derp derp.

Flag Post

Well the game as fine , dont want the game to turn in tdp4 team battle ..
Filled with weapon hackers coins hackers and even cash hackers its a very bad idea if they large the gun price and remove XP . Maybe well be fine if there is a zombie team and a human team the zombie team are people and human also but different kinds and zombies has no weapons , and there is a leader for each team ( like that HUGE Monster in the game ) lag cant be fixed ..

Flag Post

i like your ideas for the game but i highly disagree with getting rid of xp instead make the skills like fitness radar and fast reloading etc able to buy(like you said). keep the xp and leveling system so that when you have the correct amount of money and the rite level of course you’ll be able to buy the gun you want. Also the large machine guns are large so you will move slow with them but i do agree the movement is too slow. I also highly agree with you with maps they should make alot more to choose from but not make them every week or month it should come with every update. I heard that this game wasn’t done and that they will be updating it soon dunno how soon so hope for the best.

Flag Post

Quite honestly, this game needs to have some sort of quality lowering, for one.

Secondly, it needs a “Leave Game” option even if your squad is filled, just in case someone never loads (which happens 3 out of 5 times).

We should be able to see premium weapon prices even though we can’t buy them.

That’s all I got.

Flag Post

Great way to make the game better, I was lvl 23 on my other account and it took forever to level up and i just got bored of the game and completely lost interest, not good for buisness

Flag Post

Servers are down atm, hopefully this is because they are updating the game. fingers crossed
The heavier guns are supposed to slow you down, it wouldnt be fair to lower levels if you had a minigun and could run just about as fast as them when they have an AR or SMG.

Flag Post

lol sal.

Flag Post

I feel silly adding this to a post about much more important aspects of the game, and perhaps this is just me being picky, but in the store, the picture of the 1st shotgun, the Stoeger side-by-side, is of an over/under shotgun, not side by side. It really doesn’t make any difference but If the devs ever feel like they need something to do it would be greatly appreciated, a least by me.

Flag Post

Well… lets see…
I agree when you say that the big guns are weak… but i cant see them getting stronger, so i would sugest one of two things…
One is quite obvious, it is increasing the big guns speed
The other is getting the handguns (three of them arent pistols, i would suggest changing it, but of course less priority) and SMGs NERFED
Yes, i know most of the people will think this is a bad move, as it will make the game considerably harder, but i dont think any more power in the big guns will make much more people use them because they are good… people will still use them just because it is awesome to kill a zombie with a shotgun

The experience system is great the way it is, what i think should be done (as it was said here before) is make the skills buyable with money

as the rest, larger teams, maps and game modes, agree completly =D

Flag Post

wait so he’s level 20 yet claims to be intelligent

Flag Post
Originally posted by Destroyer80:

wait so he’s level 20 yet claims to be intelligent

lol true, he needs to play the mobile version

Flag Post

Okay I agree on the lag, more maps, larger teams, and better chat. On the other hand “Are you freaking retarded?” Large guns are supposed to slow you down that’s the point of the weapon! And what game have you played where its multi-player shooting with no XP. And there’s still more game modes than CoD (Call of Duty). Like I said before, I agree with you on some but some just make you look retarded.

P.S. You have a good writing structure XD