TIPS: How to play multiplayer correctly.

17 posts

Flag Post

Guys,

I like to play multiplayer, but some people are just so stupid, I had to write something to explain some tips:

1. Barricades are essential to your survival. FIX THEM EVERY TIME YOU CAN !

They maintain the swarm outside for a few precious seconds, they are quickly fixed, give you a bit of XP and slow down the zombies. Don’t just shoot the creatures, fix the barricade every occasion you get (when you’re reloading for example)!

2. A wave isn’t over until the last zombie is dead. USE THAT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE !

- DO NOT KILL the last zombie, leave him alone, go and fix all the barricades before the next wave. Reload every weapon you have, you never know.
- If your health is too low, let the last zombie kill you, and wait until your resuscitate to kill it. Every player can do it, just not all together, otherwise the party is over.

3. Don’t just walk around killing zombies on the map. KEEP YOUR CORNER AND PROTECT IT !

Unless you’re going to grab a crate or need to move because of a quick monster, stay in “your corner” and deal with YOUR “clients”, don’t go on the other side of the map if your teammate doesn’t need you, because you’ll leave your corner unattended. Most of the time, you’ll have to watch 2-3-4 barricades, which isn’t too hard. Kill the zombies who are trying to break in, fix the barricade, kill further, fix, etc.

4. Hard kills are time-consuming, DON’T JUST WALK-IN AND STEAL A KILL !

If your partner has been trying to kill the Devastator for the last 2 minutes and is almost there and doing well, let him have HIS kill. Nothing more exasperating than working hard on the kill, only to have him taken away just before the final blow by some noob who has been doing nothing except collecting crates.

5. Your team needs you. DON’T QUIT THE GAME BECAUSE YOU’RE FRUSTRATED !

No matter how good you are, don’t rage-quit the game! It doesn’t matter if you keep dying, every zombie you kill will help the others. If you leave, your team will have to kill way more zeds.

I’ll add more if I think about other ones.

Those are some guidelines I believe should be respected to get a good multiplayer mood. What do you think?

Edit:

Short version for the chat:

1. Fix barricades every time you can.
2. Before killing the last zombie and ending the wave, fix barricades and if needed suicide to get full health.
3. Keep your corner and protect it.
4. Don’t just walk-in and steal a kill.
5. Help until the end.

Flag Post

I would like to add some more. If you realise that you can’t do enough damage or keep dying, don’t rage quit! All you will do is make your team’s life more miserable. There has been several times i was left alone by all my teammates. Luckily, I survived. And what the person said above is very true. Especially 1. and 3. :)

Flag Post

Others:
1) Use “green chat” as posted in one of the forums to talk, not just rage about people not helping you.
2) Don’t camp. You’ll regret it. Everyone reloads eventually, so you’re screwed when you have to.
3) Stick with your team as a n00b or if a high level is in the room. High levels=harder games, so at least try to SURVIVE with them, but don’t steal their kills, like GreenElephants said, because they worked very hard to get the weapons and skills they do.
4) Ragequitting will not benefit your team. Stay with your team until you all die or you all win. Losing doesn’t do much except make you lose ammo but HEY! Single Player Campaign is your best friend. wink
5) Most importantly, use your surroundings to your advantage. Zombies=Stupid. If you get them to walk into barricades, they’ll start attacking them, and you can run away. (Just be sure to repair them!)
6) This one I learned. Even though GreenElephants said don’t collect the crates, COLLECT THE CRATES, as long as you are eliminating zeds. I get lucky alot and get a turret. These things are useful. Place them in your “corner” or use it to calm a “hellhole/nest” (hellholes are those normal holes where zeds spawn, not the Purge nests) the best one is The Denial Gun. (Incoming zed to player=DENIAL pew).

Flag Post

You’ve got good points on the “no camping” and rage-quitting.

Joshmala: I never said not to get the crates. You should always get them! But that should one of the only reasons to leave your corner.

Flag Post

number 4 is a BITCH, when someone with a flamer kills a dev i put $750 of rpd bullets into.

Flag Post

750 isnt enough to bitch about though i hate flamers for ks when i was a noob

Flag Post

help a noob partner up if high partner with a low he finish a swarm and u use a weapon like rpd to soft them up

Flag Post

team work make the dream work regruop after a round to recap what a members job is

Flag Post

Press “M” in-game to see your lag. Leave if the value is over 2000 ms.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yoshifull:

Press “M” in-game to see your lag. Leave if the value is over 2000 ms.

u mean under 2000 (aka -2000) cause over 2000 would be +2000 and +2000 isnt lag,-2000 is

Flag Post

Thanks to GE for the helpful post, all players should read it. I totally encounter 5. many times, either new players or a much higher ranking ones. It just spoils the game for the guys who are still in the game. And I think even if they come across this post, they will still do it. Maybe the developers should consider a high score for quitters as well, shame is a good deterrent.

Flag Post

i have one change to the corner thing the black isle you cant get a good corner so you should just circle the main wall and attract the swarms for your allies to follow behind and take them out from the back it works reeally good. if evryone played like this this and all mmo wuold be soo much better

Flag Post

Sometimes the best tactic is sticking with your teammates back to back, especially if you use the different mobilities effectively e.g. smg advances and retreats to reload while shotgun holds back and covers.

When dealing with overwhelming numbers, mobility is really important. Don’t run around with an assault rifle when being chased by fast units, pick an smg/pistol to pick off the fast ones, then wind down to rifles/shotgun when there’s time to stand your ground. Throw frag grenades to take out large numbers, and cryo to give yourself a free path.

If you’re last man standing, get the pistol out and use cryos to wind the clock down so your teammates can respawn.

Flag Post

Actually, all the fast units can be downed in 1-2 shotgun blasts, pistol/smg would take ages to aim at a worm ^^ Otherwise, really good advice chakra.

Flag Post

I would say that switching to your pistol is a good tactic, because the goal is not to score kills, but to increase your mobility, and, in turn, your survivability, like the scenario that chakra painted; when you’re the last man standing, all of your focus should be on survival.

Flag Post

The tactics change with every game, but the fundamentals are always there.
Help your teammates, haha.

Flag Post

Don’t forget to use http://www.kongregate.com/forums/192-sas-zombie-assault-3/topics/292894-there-is-chat-green-text the “chat” to gently encourage new people to repair the baracades. Every little bit of focus helps in a team game!