Forums Cloudstone

Should monk have the only heal?

8 posts

Flag Post

I am hoping that warrior and wizard can get some skill/ability to restore health similar to the healbomb that scales with fury/sorcery. It is virtually impossible to do levels and gauntlets at the appropriate level without having to get healbomb this is somewhat of a nuisance if you are a fan of the mage or warrior classes, why should you have to multi or dual class into monk for a healing ability. Would it be too imbalanced if powersurge restored a % of health based on sorcery and perhaps warrior get a regeneration ability, leech, or health on kill something, anything? What are other players opinions and suggestions regarding warrior and wizard getting heals? Maybe even make all the healing abilities in each skill tree too far down to get more than one for balance purposes?

Flag Post

I don’t see why it would be necessary, since in Cloudstone you don’t have to choose one class exclusively. Healing is right at the beginning of the monk tree, so getting it is extremely easy. Just one skill point is enough to get some healing, so even right at the beginning when you don’t have too many skillpoints yet to spread around it’s still no problem. It really only is a deterrent for people who want to claim they are pure something or other, i.e. that are hung up on semantics.

It would be a different thing if being wizard or warrior meant having no access to healing at all – especially being a wizard would be hard, since they are so vulnerable.

The only upside to having a percentage of healing added to power surge would be that a skill slot on the shortcuts would open up. But since it would probably be a lot weaker than the actual heal bomb, I’d probably still keep it on there, and suspect that would be the same for others, since it also has damage (and power surge doesn’t).

I actually really like the way the skill structure is done. You can’t access everything at once, so getting the skills higher up in the tree means making some choices, even on the higher levels. It creates some diversity.

Flag Post

you forget that the healing skill is discipline based, and wizard/warrior gear has none? so you “have” to wear monk gear otherwise your heals will be like 50ish when you have a 1900hp health pool gl w/that though. So lets see, monk skills + monk gear = a monk using a sword/staff? instead of a wizard/warrior :O

Flag Post

Nope, didn’t forget. Because it’s not as easy as that. Your disc will increase even as a wizard, because the higher you get, the less useful the pure wizard clothes will be, even for a wizard (actually I wish they would offer some better options, but that’s a diffferent topic again). The gear you get later on gives points on both magic and disc (and fury). Simultaneously, you get more skill points, so have more options to get yourself discipline even if you want to get only wizard gear, or warrior gear.

Again, I’d fully support your claim if the classes were exclusive. But they are not. So this still holds true:

Originally posted by Plonck:

You can’t access everything at once, so getting the skills higher up in the tree means making some choices, even on the higher levels. It creates some diversity.

I play a wizard but also spend skill points in the monk tree. Increasingly so the higher I get, because the wizard skills left aren’t that interesting to me. I’m certainly not wearing monk gear. If I wanted to play a pure-as-possible wizard, I’d have to live with not being able to heal much. I don’t see the point in doing so, because it doesn’t give a great build, but whatever. If it floats someones boat. But it’s silly to want to do that and then complain about it. Each class has strength and weaknesses. If you start giving out the strengths to other classes, you’ll have no diversity anymore, so no classes.

In short: you want to stay »pure«, you have to live with the weaknesses of that as well. The option to use abilities from other classes is there, use it or not. Healing especially is placed in a very accessible spot on the skill tree.

Flag Post

the higher you get, the less useful the pure wizard clothes will be

LOLOLOL

It’s actually quite the opposite, at low levels bonus to sorc doesn’t mean much, since you’re doing pitiful dmg anyway and 2-3 points of sorc don’t make difference. On high levels difference between pure sorc and hybrid gear is huge (20+ on armour/pants), even more when combined with Focus. Lvl 40 wizard should wear full Efreet set, and not Yetinothah gauntlet stuff most people like to equip. You don’t need heal if you can nuke Sasqushes before they reach you, and to do that you need as much sorc bonus as possible. High level pure wizard should be fine with Rejuv plants alone.

Flag Post

As pointed out, all classes have the ability to heal. You can use potions or you can branch out and take some skills in the monk specialty.

Every class has their BIG benefits. For monks it’s healbomb, wizards have their multiple stun abilities (if you don’t think THAT is a big benefit, you’ve never spent an entire PvP round stunned by the 2 wizard skills and a duckray), and warriors have huge armor bonuses and massive damage per hit potential.

You just need to pick the one that works best for you.

Flag Post

so, lets see here…

Pure Warrior

Strength:
Highest damage dealer on the same level
Highest health (twice that of wizards)
Highest armor
Highest Critical Rating
Hardest PVP AI, especially with lots of HP pots

Weakness:
Slowpoke when it comes to attacking
Few skills are actually uses fury (earthwave is the only useful that uses fury)
No skill thats easy to use that deal high damage, earthwave got to be aimed and still can be avoided easily.
Need HP pots on PVE the most against strong monster like sasquish, cause warriors cant avoid melee damage.
Free Sword and good pure warrior gears are the hardest to get

Pure Wizard

Strength:
Master of PVE with range attack, making them the fastest to level up
Stun master
Highest amount of power plus highest power rejuvenating skill
Can do PVE without suffering much damages
Most skills are one hit and not easy to avoid when timed rightly
Got Shield skill on third tier
The most number on active offensive skills

Weaknsess:
PVP AI total loser, making the ruby user one as favourite PVP foe for all other class.
Have the hardest time choosing enemies on PVP
Lowest HP, damage per second, and armor stat
Can be one hit killed by pure warrior critical strike, or pure monk power burst skill
Weakest weapon and gears

Pure Monk

Strength:
Quickest attack, making them dangerous if we have HP within their minimal damage per strike
The most skills use disc, and on high multiplier
Healer both to self and friends
No need HP pots.
Most of their skills are useful for both PVP and PVE
needs skillful play to beat their ruby user AI on PVP, even with ruby user full warrior.
The best AoE skills, most of it no need to aim

weakness:
Cant use shield at all, duh
Longest PVE run, making them level up slowest, given the same amount of effort and time put
Will have a hard time on PVE without friend, especially against melee tanker of a monster such as sasquish
Dont have power rejuvenating skill
High tier attack skills are the easiest to avoid/dodged/tricked out, longest cooldown, and biggest requirement

Hybrid

Strength:
All smart hybrids have heals.
Dont have the need to use Wizard weak gears if there’s no need for sorc lol
Wide array of useful skills based on actual needs and preverences
Best PVP AI without pots.
Cheapest playing cost if they know what skill best for their style of play.

Weakness:
Wise skill selection is a must
Fifth tier skill is for high level only
Full of trial and error with skills, or need to rely on seasoned hybrid players knowledges much

So, by seeing that, if the devs put heal skills on Wizards and Warrior too, there goes monk specialty. And i can assure you that Warrior will be outragously the strongest on both PVP and PVE, making playing Wizard and Monk will need lots of rubies to buy dumpling on PVP…cause they simply wont be able to beat pure Warrior with heal skill.

Hybrid of Warrior/monk, or i like to call it Paladin, can still be beaten only because the heal dont use fury. We either have to split on disc and fury, which make our fury and disc half from our pure brethren though we’re in the mid on health, heal, and armor…or just choose between building fury and having low heal, or building on disc by sacrificing lots of health and armor.

So, i will also say no to heal for warrior and wizard, it will be downright imbalance. I suggest you go Hybrid if you dont want to deal with the weakness of being pure.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:

the higher you get, the less useful the pure wizard clothes will be

LOLOLOL

It’s actually quite the opposite, at low levels bonus to sorc doesn’t mean much, since you’re doing pitiful dmg anyway and 2-3 points of sorc don’t make difference. On high levels difference between pure sorc and hybrid gear is huge (20+ on armour/pants), even more when combined with Focus. Lvl 40 wizard should wear full Efreet set, and not Yetinothah gauntlet stuff most people like to equip.

Have you considered that there’s a reason they do it like that? Just because you think different is better doesn’t mean it actually is like that for everyone. I admit that my statement could be read in different ways, though. What I meant was that the comparable tradeoff for going with the pure wizard clothes becomes bigger, while the benefit doesn’t grow as much, and that is true for a good long time. This can obviously change when you get access to better gear (or when better gear gets created, Grotto Island has brought some new options I’ve not checked out yet), but for now the Ifrit set is not a very accessible option, seeing as you can only have the whole set as lvl 40. As of now, on the whole of Kong we have nine people that would apply to.

And for a high-level set, it doesn’t compare so great to the lvl 35 Yeti Island things I wear now. Unless you have the whole set and get the damage bonus, but that sets you back 565k gold. It still means losing 170 health, a lot of armour and a lot of healing (which I still could do though, coming back to the original topic).

Combining that with the fact that the sorcerer weapons don’t scale with our sorcery points, just some of the skills do, I stand by what I wrote above. The tradeoffs of the sorcery gear are considerable, so you’ll likely not go that way, thus having at least some discipline for healing. With the wizard clothes, you better hope you really get all those sasquiches with those stronger firebats before they reach you. LOLOLOL indeed.