Forums Cloudstone

[TO DEVS] Please fix pvp exploit page 2

39 posts

Flag Post

second page glitch bump

Flag Post

Hi, my char name is Vegeta, I saw this post and LOLed when I saw my name mentioned, thanks for the compliaments, there are 2 vegeta’s, i was the first to pick the name, so the second guy picked VegetaSSJ2. I am completely legit, that goes without saying, i mean a lv 35 ruby set is easy to win with haha. He had more points than me at the end of last season though. However I highly doubt he was cheating, his average points per match was less than 30 if I calculated correctly, meaning he’s beating up on the lowbies with bad gear. He had far more matches than me at the end of last season, which is why he narrowly beat me. I had around 40 points per match, so to have the same number of points as him, I could have had 25% less matches.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Massey08:

Hi, my char name is Vegeta, I saw this post and LOLed when I saw my name mentioned, thanks for the compliaments, there are 2 vegeta’s, i was the first to pick the name, so the second guy picked VegetaSSJ2. I am completely legit, that goes without saying, i mean a lv 35 ruby set is easy to win with haha. He had more points than me at the end of last season though. However I highly doubt he was cheating, his average points per match was less than 30 if I calculated correctly, meaning he’s beating up on the lowbies with bad gear. He had far more matches than me at the end of last season, which is why he narrowly beat me. I had around 40 points per match, so to have the same number of points as him, I could have had 25% less matches.

I’ve met your char a lot of times, and yep you’re legit. Yep, that vegeta could have done 34points/match or a range of 20-48 spread on the matches.

Flag Post

Thanks, I bought stuff from the game to support the developers. It’s a great game. I like the fact that I understand many underlying mechanics and people tend to call me a nub for having ruby gear. If I didn’t have ruby gear, the best set up would be yeti gaunt gear with a hybrid build, and a sword weapon for highest DPS and crit rating. I should have bought the ruby sword but I like to use claws just for the appearance and fun. As long as the player can beat the AI, it really doesn’t matter to maximize damage capacity. All that matters is having fun :), that, and legitemately catching cheaters. (I caught gravebella, and someone found the link to gravebella’s character which was absolutely demolished for abusing a bug that gave heavy increases in sorcery/fury/discipline/health.) I believe that people should only be accused and brought up for cheating if there is HEAVY evidence of the case. Too many cases are taken very lightly for the very reason that many will claim that someone is cheating out of frustration. The bottom line is that if you are overcome by an adversary, you need to use it as inspiration for innovation in the way you play the game. If you always won, then you wouldn’t play. Losing is just a signal that growth can still take place. The reason why anyone plays games, is because, humans, in nature, like to see change, growth, and improvement. Keep improving, and I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield. Anyways, happy gaming to everyone and I wish you all the best for the end of this arena season, as well as the many that are yet to come!

Flag Post

we weren’t talking about your vegeta ;)

i only comment on it because i saw that vegetaSSJ2 on top global, before he resign (it seems he’s reading this too and noticed the suspicion). i only mention my suspicion after i calculate his avg (total points gained/winning amount), which give me an avg of 40+. so, its not your vegeta Massey08, but he did get 40+ avg points too when i check it, with more than 200 wins and zero loss at that time, never appear other than using Glaciella and do striping few times. I didn’t conveyed my suspicion directly to the devs because i have no proof that he really don’t have decent armor to begin with, and that he eventually stop PVPing.

Flag Post

Needs a bump. Stripping is out of hand once again this season.

It is unjust, immature, and immoral activity.

Stripping works in three main ways that are simply not right:

1. Strippers bar hard working individuals from making it into the top 15 PvP global. Around the top 25 global, a player will start experiencing a “Wall of strippers,” where about 30% of their fights will be strippers. At this point, their only ability to move up the ladder is by getting more kills than the already top pvpers, and point average per kill is at a bare minimum, since your top-point players are all butt naked.

2. Strippers take up wasted ally space. Some people lag when their ally comes up, and an ally that looks naked is usually a geared player. Well, sometimes it isn’t, because people can’t control themselves when it comes to PvP.

3. As stated earlier, they destroy the PvP point system. This is what for me draws the line between bug/feature and exploitation. Manipulating a set game equation by a loophole is in my mind an exploit and should be dealt with harshly by the devs, if not patched in their equation. The way stripping manipulates the PvP point system is by removing the ability for high-ranked pvpers to scale up the ladder by basing point values only on the amount of people you can fight, and not on the points they give to you. This stagnates the leaderboard starting at about 25 global and allows for little to no movement through the ranks except with dumplings.

With strippers, your PvP point wins will be: 20, 22, 23, 22, 21, 20
With regularly geared players, your PvP point wins will be: 40, 32, 51, 44, 29, 39
A much larger range, in other words.

People can say they do it for fashion or to give others a laugh, but their abhorrent abuse of the PvP system is not funny and is certainly not “in good fashion.”
I’m calling you ugly, Yggdrasil.

When guilds are indeed released as Fragsworth has mentioned, I have good mind to not accept any strippers, who play for themselves and do not care for the thoughts and frustrations of others, who are immature, and who do not deserve a place here in the Cloudstone community. I hope other future Guild leaders will agree with me on this.

Flag Post

I agree with that.

Flag Post

Stripping is clearly exploiting a gap in the system to damage other players in PvP by lowering their own points, giving strippers an advantage over non-strippers.
Some people say “I like strippers because it is easy to beat them”, well, what they are saying is “I approve it, because it is good for ME” without concerns for the global functioning of the game.
People can be very creative when it comes to finding ways to flourish and many times these ways aren’t rightful.
For those players who resist the pityful strategy of stripping, the game may become a source of rage instead of pleasure.
Devs, I suspect that if you don’t fix this problem, you may be losing the affection of some of the most dedicated players.
As I wrote elsewhere, my suggestion would be separating PvP and PvE character configuration. In this way, the AI would keep whatever gear the player used in the last fight, despite of what s/he may be wearing in PvE or what s/he left when going offline. Some people suggested other solutions. I’m not sure how these changes affect the overall work of the devs but I’m positive that there must be an optimal solution if they are willing to provide one.

Flag Post

Chill out people, strippers get to fight strippers too. Stripping is not an exploit for it doesn’t give any significant advantage at all. More strippers just means less points acquired to every individual not just YOU. Worry if you’re the ONLY one who get to fight strippers. Stripping is just a fail strategy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ampps:

Chill out people, strippers get to fight strippers too. Stripping is not an exploit for it doesn’t give any significant advantage at all. More strippers just means less points acquired to every individual not just YOU. Worry if you’re the ONLY one who get to fight strippers. Stripping is just a fail strategy.

The point is that it poses a threat to the pvp equation itself, if you haven’t been reading. I addressed how that is the case in my previous post, it is an exploit for that reason and provides the significant advantage of narrowing the ways a player can move through the rankings once they get to around 25th global.

I’m one of the most consistent pvpers ingame, I think there’s validity to my frustrations and what I say in regards to an issue impacting mainly the top echelon of pvpers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilskeOfGH:

The point is that it poses a threat to the pvp equation itself, if you haven’t been reading. I addressed how that is the case in my previous post, it is an exploit for that reason and provides the significant advantage of narrowing the ways a player can move through the rankings once they get to around 25th global.

I’m one of the most consistent pvpers ingame, I think there’s validity to my frustrations and what I say in regards to an issue impacting mainly the top echelon of pvpers.

So what if someone can’t move through 25th rankings? If someone can’t then somebody will, that’s basic survival, that’s Pvp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilskeOfGH:

So what if someone can’t move through 25th rankings? If someone can’t then somebody will, that’s basic survival, that’s Pvp.

So exploiting a loophole in the system that defines pvp makes it pvp? Ergo, by not following the definition of pvp in this game, I am pvping. You’re quite misguided, and your argument isn’t deductive.

Nobody can and nobody will move through the rankings because everyone is fighting approximately the same amount of fights. The fluidity comes from the point differences.

Stripping stagnates the leaderboard.

Flag Post

Solution: Force the AI to use the equipment in the players inventory which yields the greatest point value.
OR: Force the AI to use equipment most used by the player during PVP matches.

On that note, if you use the statistics in the second solution to script, it would also be cool to see the percentage of skill usage by the player, and to have the AI act in a way that replicates these percentages during PVP matches.

This may take a lot of scripting, but I think it would be worthwhile to enhance the PVP experience.

Flag Post

FIXED!!! Thanks Devs!