Forums Cloudstone

FAQ/AMA about Cloudstone

68 posts

Flag Post
Hello everyone, I'm Kazecuden, and I usually hang out in Cloudstone Chatroom 1. I often see a lot of people asking the same questions that others before them have asked, and I always try to answer any questions that I see. I've decided, for my own convenience and the convenience of others, to make a one-stop-shop sort of post where everyone can get their questions answered. By no means do I know everything about this game, but I am always willing to answer any questions that anyone might have, and if I don't know the answer, I will at least be able to find it.

I will be posting questions that I feel deserve to be seen in this post, so that people can quickly look to see if the questions that they want to ask have already been answered. I will start with posting a few commonly asked questions that I've seen.

NEW!! A Tips and Tricks post as been created to give helpful hints for new players! It can be found here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/193-cloudstone/topics/330267-tips-and-tricks

For anyone saying "just use the wiki, you noob," you might as well not be here. I'm offering an easy to find source of information that doesn't require people to dig it up on a wiki that may not even have the information they are looking for. If you don't like it, oh well. I'm here to be helpful.

Q: Which class is the best to pick?

A: There is no best class, but each class is good at different things. Deciding which class to be, or which combination of classes, is entirely up to you. Decide based on how you enjoy playing your character.

^ The Warrior uses armors that provide a lot of durability and health, and can either use two handed swords, or one handed swords with a shield. Swords hit harder per hit than any other weapon of the same level (barring some exceptions), but usually have a slower attack speed. They do not use much Power, though, so Power generation on-hit isn't as big of a deal for them.

^ The Wizard uses armors that are quite low on durability and HP, but they give higher values of Sorcery, the primary stat that effects their damage. They use either two handed staves or one handed wands with a shield (they can use either magic shields, which give Sorcery for more damage, but give less armor and health, or they can use warrior shields, which give Fury (which they don't need), but have more armor and health), which have a ranged attack. They are also the only class with not one, but two stunning skills (each one stuns for 1.7 seconds), and they have a shield skill that greatly reduces damage.

^ The Monk is the only class with a healing skill (two, actually). They wear armors that give Discipline and Critical Rating, but are usually lower-end when it comes to durability and health. Monks use claws, which are always two handed, but are also, generally, the fastest attacking weapons in the game. Claws generally have lower damage per hit than a wand/staff of the same attack speed, but Monks make up for this with a higher critical hit chance. They excel at outlasting their opponents through constant heals and Express Karma, a skill that deals damage to anyone that strikes them with a basic attack. Healbomb, the Monk's primary healing skill, is also the first skill to be obtained, making it a very useful investment for hybrid classes.

Q: Why is my character a girl?! I didn't get to choose!

A: The way that your character starts out doesn't matter. After you do a few of the early quests (the first two or three, I think), you are given a quest to change your look. This allows you to change the eyes, mouth, hair, and beard of your character, as well as skin, eye, and hair colors. You can also change your gender at this time, along with your name. NOTE: FUTURE NAME CHANGES COST 50 RUBIES EACH, SO PICK CAREFULLY. FIRST ONE IS FREE.

Q: How do I add friends?

A: Friends can be added by clicking on someone's name in the chatroom on the right. You can either click their name in the chat, or on the list up above. Then click the Add Friend button near the top of the window, and they will be added to your friends list after you refresh the game page. FRIENDS DO NOT NEED TO ADD YOU BACK TO SHOW UP ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST. Another strategy for acquiring high level friends is to go to the High Scores tab above the chatroom and add a lot of the people from there.

This here is a link to a video guide I made, explaining how to add friends on Kongregate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--Sg0NZFtA

Q: How do I get Rubies without paying?

A: Rubies can be bought with Kreds that you get from doing Surveys or other special offers here on Kong. Not everyone has access to them, though, as they are not available in all countries. You will receive free Rubies by doing a string of Contracts for Boxy. These Contracts require you to have a total of thirty friends (see previous question). You will also get free Rubies by scoring well in your PvP League (see below), and you will receive one to five free Rubies every fifth consecutive day that you log in (you must claim the daily reward each day; simply logging in doesn't count).

Though, I would highly suggest paying for Rubies if you enjoy this game. This is a great game, and the developers are great people that deserve to be supported. That can't happen unless people buy Rubies.

Q: Is reviving worth the 5 Ruby cost?

A: In my honest opinion? No. Not at all. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't certain situations where it might pay off. At lower levels, though, it'd be a waste of Rubies. It may be inconvenient that you died against Dragon Rider because you got hit by the pink ice spike (Miasma), but you'll be kicking yourself even more when you get farther into the game. Generally, those free early Rubies that you start out with are better spent on inventory upgrades.

Q: Where can I PvP, and how does it work?

A: PvP is unlocked at level 8, and can be accessed from the Ancient Arena island, right below the Sky Haven island on the world map. You will be given a quest to compete in a PvP match when you reach level 8.

PvP in Cloudstone is not live PvP, in that you don't actually fight against real players. When you enter the Arena, you are given a choice between three different opponents, each worth a different amount of points based on their equipment, level, and how well they rank in the current season. When you pick an opponent to fight, you will fight an AI controlled version of that player's character. Your AI's wins and losses do not effect your actual score, so do not worry if someone fights your character. The AI can use items that the actual player may not have, such as throwing weapons and potions. Be aware of this.

A PvP Season lasts two weeks, starting and ending on Monday at 11:00am (11:00) PST. At that moment, one season ends, and the next season begins immediately after. Within each PvP Season, the playerbase is divided into smaller groups, called Leagues, where they compete against one another. First, second, and third place within a League will net those players a special reward of their chooses, though a higher placement will have a better version of the reward. Those that place fourth through tenth will receive fifteen free Rubies. Those that score within the top fifteen of the Global bracket, which compares the scores of every player across all Leagues, will win a First Place prize, regardless of how they scored within their own League.

Q: Should I get Healbomb?

A: Yes! If you are just starting the game, Healbomb is a great investment, even if you're not playing as a Monk. Early on, you get a lot of potions from the storyline quests, which are VERY valuable due to their incredibly low drop rate. These potions become even more valuable later on, especially in high end PvP, as they can mean the difference between a win and a loss. You are given one free Amnesia Potion, which allows you to reallocate your skill points, so don't be afraid to grab Healbomb early, and then remove it later when it's not needed as much, or you need those five skill points for something else.

Q: Where do I find the Frigid Map parts, and what do I do with the extra copies I have?

A: The parts of the Frigid Map, which unlocks the level 33+ Yetinothah Island, can be obtained from different areas, at a random rate. You only need one of each part, so any of the others can be sold for 500 gold each.

^ Frigid Map Shred can be obtained as a random end of zone reward from the following zones on Glaciella: Village Clearing, Wintry Meadows, Somewhere, Frozen Forest, By the Village, Icy Caverns, Yeti Hideout, Eternal Springs.

^ Frigid Map Strip is a random drop from the Crazed Catra and Crazed Turtloid monsters, on the Narwhalimbus Island.

^ Frigid Map Scrap can be obtained as a random end of zone reward from the following zones on Narwhalimbus: Jungle Thickets, Entangled Jungle, Turtle Encampment, Turtle Camp Clearing, Jungle Deep, Messy Mess Area, Trail Head, Lake of Tears, Floral Caverns, A Foxy Quest?, Spiral Peak, Boxy's Head.

^ Frigid Map Piece is a random drop from the Yeti monsters on the Glaciella Island.

Q: What is Vigor used for?

A: Vigor used to be used for missions, but now it is only used for PvP fights and Boosts. Each PvP fight will cost four Vigor, and is not refunded on a loss. Boosts cost fifteen Vigor each, and last for 25 minutes. The boosts you can choose from are 4x Champion Shard drop rate, 3x Monster Exp gain, or 5x Gold Coin drops. These boosts can be bought with Rubies as well, and can even be extended for cheaper than it costs to activate them.

Vigor regenerates at one Vigor per every ten minutes. This can be sped up by buying Boba Drinks for two Rubies, which restore one Vigor each, or Dumplings for ten Rubies, which restore five Vigor each. Dumplings can also be acquired from the daily bonus.

Q: Is this game Pay To Win?

A: Absolutely not! Sure, paying CAN make the game easier for you, but it is not required to win. It is also entirely possible to beat people in the Arena that have spent on premium equipment. There are quite a few high level and high ranking players that have never spent a cent on this game.

Q: Do pets do anything?

A: No. They are good for blocking you or enemies, depending on how you use them and how big they are, but aside from that, they don't offer any other benefits.

EDIT: With the release of the Arcane Rift, two pets have been released that do in fact increase stats. Minyeti, an Epic pet from the First Place Rift Prize Box gives the owner +100 max Power. Calcifur, a Legendary pet from the Legendary Rift Box, gives the owner +100 Power and +15 Critical Hit Rating.

Q: Does the Screenshot button work?

A: No, it doesn't. The button is a feature that was in the original Facebook version of the game, but it has no use on Kongregate. If you would like to take a snapshot of something in the game without it pausing, there is a simple way to do it without having to download special software. Have whatever you want to take a picture of on your computer screen. Hold the Alt key and press the Print Screen button. Then, open up a new document in Microsoft Paint (the basic painting program on your PC), and go to Edit -> Paste. Then edit and save the picture.

GUILDS:

Q: Is there any way to make a guild without spending rubies?
A: No. Not currently. It's a possibility in the future, but there is no word on the subject from the development team, so don't get your hopes up.

Q: How do I join a guild?
A: Simply open the Guilds menu from the main menu (at the bottom, above the Shop button), and click the appropriate button, depending on if you want create your own guild, or join an existing one. Creating a guild costs 25 Rubies, and allows you to select a name and guild emblem. To join a guild, click the Join button, then a list of guilds will pop up with the name and emblem. Click on the guild you would like to join, and wait for the Guild Master to accept or deny your request. Once accepted, you may need to refresh the game for it to show you in the guild.

Q: What are the benefits of joining a guild?
A: Guilds offer many things for their members. There are Perks that grant passive bonuses to the members, such as reduced cooldowns, increased stats, more Spirit Shards from champions, and so on. These are purchased and upgraded with materials that are donated by the members of the guild. Guilds also offer access to the Servitor item in your Supplies inventory. More on that below.

Q: What is a Servitor? How do I use it?
A: In order to use the Servitor, you must be in a guild. Then, simply equip it to your skill bar and either press the key it's assigned to, or click it to activate. This will transform you into a Servitor for 20 seconds (longer if you have the Guild Perk that increases the duration). While transformed, you will gain a 50% bonus to your armor, and your entire skill bar will be replaced with two skills. Arcane Salvo, the first skill, deals damage in the targeted area equal to (Fury + Sorcery + Discipline) * 0.3. This skill has almost no cooldown and hits multiple times, so just hold down the key and spam the left mouse click. The second skill, Arcane Bombardment, deals damage in a line equal to (Fury + Sorcery + Discipline) * 0.5, and has a decently long cooldown.

Q: No guilds are accepting me! What gives?!
A: I'd highly recommend either leveling up more or trying to apply for another guild. Some guilds are created by low level players and go inactive after a short time. Other guilds are higher rank guilds that only accept higher level players. Generally, the higher a level you are, the better your chances of being accepted. Don't worry about getting into a guild early on, most of the perks (read: all) only benefit higher level players, and are only attainable by those with excessive disposable income.

The Rift
Q: How do I join The Rift?
A: In order to participate in The Rift, you must first be in a guild and be at least level 10 (though I would recommend being much higher. It's not easy).

Q: What do I gain from The Rift?
A: You can earn gold, Jelly Juice, and Spirit Shards by completing Floors in The Rift, as well as any drops, gold, and exp that are earned from beating the monsters on each Floor. Note that Champion monsters in The Rift DO NOT drop Spirit Shards.

The Rift also has a variety of prizes for Guilds that score in the top ten at the end of the season (which lasts two weeks).

Guild Prizes
^ 1st place
Guild Crate I - High Percentage
Legendary Crate - Low Percentage
^ 2nd place
Guild Crate I - Low Percentage
Guild Crate II - High Percentage
Legendary Crate - Very Low Percentage
^ 3rd Place
Guild Crate I - Very Low Percentage
Guild Crate II - Low Percentage
Guild Crate III - High Percentage
Legendary Crate - Very very low percentage
^ 4th - 10th
Guild Crate II - Very low percentage
Guild Crate III - Very Low percentage
Guild Crate IV - High Percentage

Prizes are awarded to every guild member in the guild list at the end of the season.

Contents of the Legendary Crate can be found at this link, along with all other prizes: http://wiki.cloudstonegame.com/index.php/Arcane_Rift/Crate-ception

Q: Why do I keep getting curses?!
There are a total of 14 curses and 11 blessings, so statistically, you are more likely to get curses. Also note that a curse is much more noticeable than a blessing. Here is a list of all curses and blessings in The Rift.

http://wiki.cloudstonegame.com/index.php/Rift#Blessings_and_Curses

You will never get two of the same curse/blessing at a time (so no double Moonwalk), however, it IS possible to get two kinds of the same TYPE of curse/blessing (It's possible to get -50% armor and -80% armor, for example).

Q: I just found a Floor with two bosses and died horribly? Wut doo?! D:
A: Every tenth floor is a boss floor, where you have to fight two random bosses at the same time. These bosses can consist of any combination of current game bosses, even those from holiday events (Cat-o-Lantern and Snow King), though higher floors will generally have bosses from farther into the game (Floor 10, for example, won't have Mech-Octani or D. Orc, but Floor 30 will). Since the bosses are random, if you wind up getting an unbeatable combination, it's possible to try again and hope for a better match-up or better curse/blessing combination.

Q: Help! I went too far up in Floors and can't win anymore!
A: Not really a question, but there is a solution to this problem. If you fight the Floor on the left side (the lowest number Floor available), you are able to go back down in Floors, to get back to an easier level.

Everyone, feel free to ask any questions you want about this game if I have not covered it already. Build advice, stat comparisons, equipment, anything you can think of. Anyone that wants to answer a question that's been asked is free to do so as well.

Anyone asking a question that will inevitably be answered by simply playing the game will receive the obligatory "keep playing" response. A lot of things are introduced, but not explained, such as PvP or the Map Parts, but sometimes, simply playing through the game a bit more will answer the question.

PS: Feel free to add me. I'm currently a level 48 Ruby Warmage with a Queen Bloop pet, Stoic Mask, Greater Eye of Truth, Blink Stone, Demagnifying Glass, Titan Toadstool, Ice Bats, and Stun Breaker. :D

Flag Post
Q: What the frak is AMA in topic title?

A: Ask Me Anything. In other words, feel free to ask any questions you would have about the game here in this thread.

Q: What is Battle Totem for?

A: Battle Totem is a Contract reward that is acquired by trading in 200 Bear Pears. It allows you to unlock either the Catra or Turtloid equipment sets in the Contracts. The Catra Set will require you to trade in a total of 825 Turtloid Shells for all five pieces of the set, while the Turtloid set will require you to trade in a total of 825 Catra Furballs.

Q: What’s the difference between Catra and Turtloid alliance? Which one should I pick?

A: Both sets give the same stats and have the same set bonus, however, they look quite different. The Catra set will make your character look more like a cat, while the Turtloid set will make your character look more like a turtle. As far as which one you should choose, that should be based on whether you'd prefer to look more like a cat or a turtle. However, if you are simply curious as to which one is easier to obtain, then pick the Turtloid alliance. Catra Furballs are much easier to find than Turtloid Shells, which only have about a 5% drop rate (2612 Turtloids killed resulted in a 4.888% drop rate of shells).

Q: I have two items with similar stats, but one gives more armor, the other gives more HP. Which one should I choose?

A: Generally, armor is better than HP. The easiest way to tell, though, is to equip the item with more armor and see how much your damage reduction percentile increased (mouse over the Armor stat below your character in the inventory) and compare it to your current max HP. Let's say you put on an item that gives you +3% damage reduction. If you have 1,500 health, this means that you effectively gained 90 Max HP. If your other item gives more than +90 max HP, you will be more durable with the higher HP item, and vice versa.

Note that if you have Healbomb, then generally, higher armor will always be better than HP as long as you don't lose too much Discipline by equipping the higher armor equipment.

Q: I equipped an item that gave me critical rating, but my critical chance didn't increase. How does this work, exactly?

A: Your Critical Hit Chance is based on quite a few variables. It takes quite a few points of Critical Rating to increase your Critical Hit Chance by a single percent, and the amount of Critical Rating that is required to raise your Critical Hit Chance increases as you level up.

Critical Hits follow the following rules:
Every player has a minimum 5% chance to critically hit
Equipping gear that has a +Critical Hit Rating does not necessarily increase a player's crit chance.
This is due to that 5% minimum. A player must have a high enough total critical hit rating to surpass the 5% minimum and start to increase the crit chance over this amount
There is a 50% maximum critical hit chance.
The critical hit rating needed to increase crit chance over 5% varies by level
As level of the the monster that you are attacking increases, the crit chance decreases for the same total critical hit rating bonus. It is independent of the player level.

Additionally, Critical Hit Chance can be increased by the Sword Precision trait in the Warrior tree, by an amount of +2% per point into this talent. However, this additional percentage is added to the equation before the 5% minimum is applied.
Example 1: A player is wearing enough gear to have a 6% Crit Chance (via above equation) and 1pt into Sword Precision. Resulting Crit Chance is 8%
Example 2: A player is wearing enough gear to have a 2% Crit Chance (via above equation) and 1pt into Sword Precision. Resulting Crit Chance is 5%
Example 2: A player is wearing no gear that adds to Crit Chance and has 5 pts into Sword Precision. Resulting Crit Chance is 10%

If you're interested in reading up a bit more on Critical Chance and Critical rating, check out the Wiki page here for more information.

Q: How do I view my character with the Cloudstone Character Viewer?

A: The Cloudstone Character Viewer for Kongregate is a great way to check out the equips and skill builds of your friends, enemies, and other players in general. It is quite easy to find yourself (or anyone else) on there, though the process is a bit roundabout.

First, go to the Kongregate Profile of the person you want to look up. Then, on the right side of the screen, you will see six stats about that person. They are, from left to right, Badges, Comments, Favorites, Forum Posts, Fans, and Friends. Click on the Forum Posts stat. In the Address Bar at the top of the screen, you will see a string of numbers in the address (my address, for example, is "http://www.kongregate.com/users/643640/posts," so my number string is 643640). Copy that string of numbers.

Next, open a new tab and put in this address: http://kong.cloudstonegame.com/main/CharacterViewer?uid= , and then put the string of numbers you copied right after the = sign. Bingo! You now have a link to that person's character viewer. Here is my link, as an example: http://kong.cloudstonegame.com/main/CharacterViewer?uid=643640 Sexy, right?

Q: Why is there no trading?
A: Because everything can be grinded by everyone in similar amount of time and there is no stat randomization on items.

Also, not allowing players to trade gives players more of an incentive to play longer in order to grind up the materials needed to get those hard to make Contracts, or to find those rare drop equip items.

Q: What is the Mustard Jar for?

A: It restores two Vigor. It is essentially a double-Boba. It does nothing else. Rumors have spread that it may be needed for some secret later in the game, based on the item's description, but there has been no developer input thus far on another other use for it.

Q: How do gauntlets work?

A: Gauntlets are unlocked after the completion of the Underground Ruins zone for the first time. They allow you to replay zones with five progressively harder difficulties. Completing a zone gives a reward that is usually (but not always) better than most of the stuff you will find around the same level. The gauntlet difficulties can be replayed as many times as you'd like, but you will only receive the completion prize once. Higher level difficulties also give more experience and gold, and sometimes have better drops if the levels of the monsters are above a certain amount.

Q: What are secret areas, and where can I find them?

A: Secret Areas are areas of a zone that may not seem accessible, but are. Examples include being able to walk on water or air, walking through walls, or hidden teleporters. They are usually, but not always, marked by a Rubber Duck that can usually be seen nearby. Rubber Ducks also show the locations of Epic Treasure Chests that randomly spawn. For more information on Secret Areas, check the Wiki page here for all known locations.

Originally posted by CJNinja:

Q: How do I fully restart or make a new character?

A: You can't start your character over, but you CAN reset the skill points, allowing you to rebuild your character without having to grind up the levels again. This can be done by going into the Skills menu and clicking the little button at the bottom-right that looks like a thin, red potion (the "Re-Spec" text appears next to it when moused over). This is an Amnesia Potion, and everyone is given one for free at the start of the game. If, however, you have already used yours, or sold it on accident, another Amnesia Potion can be bought for two (2) Rubies. These Rubies can be obtained from the fifth day log-in prize, from PvP as a reward, from some Contracts, or they can be bought with Kreds.

If you have made some poor choices as far as purchasing goes, try messaging the developers (either message Fragsworth on Kongregate, or post on the Official Cloudstone Forums and request a refund. Note that they may not provide a refund if enough time has passed, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If, however, you are determined to start a new character, then you will need to make a new Kongregate account to play this game with.

Q: What are fame levels used for?

A: Right now, fame appears to have no use. The developers have stated that they will be giving it a use later on, however. I will update this answer once they do so.

Q: I added people as friends, but they aren't showing up on my Ally list in game after I refresh. What's the problem?

A: On Kongregate, it is possible for people to make their personal profiles private. Private profiles will often times mess up the Ally list in game, preventing your Allies from showing up correctly, if at all. There are a few remedies for this:

^ If you are the one with a private profile, then it's a simple fix to make it public. Don't worry, if you're troubled about your personal security, this can be fixed by simply not writing anything on your profile, and hiding your age/gender. You can make your profile public by going to your Profile page, and then clicking "Edit Profile" at the top of the screen. Next, scroll down and uncheck the box next to "Make my profile private." Ta-da! Just reload the game, and it should be fixed.

^ If the above doesn't work, or if your profile wasn't private to begin with, it likely means that one of the people you added on Kongregate has a private profile. Simply Unfriending them seems to fix the problem, but if you've added a lot of people, it may take a while to go through and find anyone and everyone with private profiles. To prevent this from happening, be sure to verify if the people you're adding have private profiles BEFORE you click the Add Friend button.

Originally posted by FlyingPachyderm:

Q: Is there a reward for clearing all the gauntlet levels of one map?

A: Beyond the rewards that you get for clearing the fifth difficulty of a gauntlet, no, there are no additional rewards for clearing every gauntlet on an island.

Q: Where do I get Spirit Shards, and what are they for?

A: Spirit Shards can be gained from a variety of different places. The most common would be Champion monsters, which are stronger versions of regular monsters that spawn randomly in normal zones. Spirit Shards can also be earned as rewards in the Rift. Players will receive 1-4 Shards after completing a Floor in the Rift. They can also be found randomly in 10th win PvP chests. Finally, they can be produced by Silver and Bronze trophies, earned at the end of PvP seasons, or by Spirit Sprites, at the cost of Stone.

Shards are used for a couple different things. They are most often traded in (200 at a time) for stat stones with Vianna on the Contracts page. They can also be donated to your guild to help fund Guild Perks.

Originally posted by a3lex33:

Q: Is there a way to reduce gauntlet cooldown? Because by the time cooldown goes off completing all 5 levels of gauntlet for equipment set will be no longer needed – you will be much higher level.

A: There is no way to lower the Gauntlet cooldown, but it's really not needed. You only out-level the equipment on Sassafras Island and Mudfalls Island rather quickly. Once you reach Glaciella, where most Gauntlet equipment is level 20, you'll find that you don't out-level it nearly as fast, unless your PvPing a lot. On Narwalimbus and beyond, the Gauntlet equipment will be much higher level than you, and you'll likely have every piece of equipment before you're at a high enough level to use it.

Originally posted by Scud422:

Q: Do allies soak up some XP or should I always have one by my side?

A: No. Allies do not reduce the amount of exp, gold, or other drops that you find. Whenever a monster dies, you get the full amount of all exp/loot, even if you're not the one that killed it. This also applies to friendly monsters, such as the Catra and Turtloids that help you in some missions, as well as summoned allies and Snowkin Snowldier/Magus summons from the Christmas event.

Originally posted by mushroomleaf:

What’s the item Sea Stegasaurus Toy for?

Right now, nobody knows. I hear they've been on Facebook for a while, but are more recent to Kongregate. The developers definitely have an idea for them in the future, so it might be worth saving them if you can spare the space (they sell for 0 anyways, so selling them isn't really worth it, anyways).

EDIT: There is now a single contract that makes use of them. The Blue Stone Rider Set contract requires ten of them per turn-in, and is repeatable.

Originally posted by Plonck:
Originally posted by Blackroca:

Q. What are the uselss “supplies” in the game?

Some things get obsolete, but not all of them. It very much depends on level and frequency of items if it is worth keeping things. Sometimes clogging up the inventory for some later contract is more hindrance than farming it at the time you need it. Also, some items drop so frequently that keeping them saves the huge hassle of constantly selling them. Keep Kalaboo grass if you have at all space for it, for example.

You can go and check the contracts pages of Maureen and Boxy on the wiki. You can do a word-search for the items (ctrl+F or cmd+f) and see what contracts they are for, if they are of interest for you. If not, sell.

http://wiki.cloudstonegame.com/index.php/Contracts

Same with potions and throwing-items. You will not use all of them, identify those that are useless to you. If you know you’ll never be warrior or use warrior skills, there’s no need for fury potions for example.

And don’t I wished I had never sold my cursed ice-shards… so the recommendation here would be, if you get an item you never had before, check the wiki how rare it is. If it is very rare, keep it even if there is no contract for it or only some you don’t want, simply because they might make one up in the future, like it happened with the necro-set.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Great thread, but how do gauntlets work? I’m still a bit fuzzy on that, along with secret areas too.

Flag Post

Q: How do gauntlets work?

A: Gauntlets are unlocked after the completion of the Underground Ruins zone for the first time. They allow you to replay zones with five progressively harder difficulties. Completing a zone gives a reward that is usually (but not always) better than most of the stuff you will find around the same level. The gauntlet difficulties can be replayed as many times as you’d like, but you will only receive the completion prize once. Higher level difficulties also give more experience and gold, and sometimes have better drops if the levels of the monsters are above a certain amount.

Q: What are secret areas, and where can I find them?

A: Secret Areas are areas of a zone that may not seem accessible, but are. Examples include being able to walk on water or air, walking through walls, or hidden teleporters. They are usually, but not always, marked by a Rubber Duck that can usually be seen nearby. Rubber Ducks also show the locations of Epic Treasure Chests that randomly spawn. For more information on Secret Areas, check the Wiki page here for all known locations.

Flag Post

another question, how do i fully restart or make a new character? mine sucks :\

Flag Post

How do i fully restart or make a new character?

A: You can’t start your character over, but you CAN reset the skill points, allowing you to rebuild your character without having to grind up the levels again. This can be done by going into the Skills menu and clicking the little button at the bottom-right that looks like a thin, red potion (the “Re-Spec” text appears next to it when moused over). This is an Amnesia Potion, and everyone is given one for free at the start of the game. If, however, you have already used yours, or sold it on accident, another Amnesia Potion can be bought for two (2) Rubies. These Rubies can be obtained from the fifth day log-in prize, from PvP as a reward, from some Contracts, or they can be bought with Kreds.

If you have made some poor choices as far as purchasing goes, try messaging the developers (either message Fragsworth on Kongregate, or post on the Official Cloudstone Forums and request a refund. Note that they may not provide a refund if enough time has passed, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

If, however, you are determined to start a new character, then you will need to make a new Kongregate account to play this game with.

Flag Post

Bump for usefulness!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Flame strike is not stun, it’s nuke. Stun is just side-effect. At lvl 5 it deals 65 + 1x Sorcery damage with biggest Area of Effect. If you’re using it just for stun, you’re playing wizard wrong.

I guess It’s a nuke to PvE, but it could barely scratch Warriors. It’s just a stun too keep distance and to keep enemies in the center of Fire penguin. It’s pretty much a Stun skill if you ask Players that focuses on Pvp.

While it provides great protection and is quite useful in PvP, it’s extremely annoying in PvM. See kids, Bubble Shield prevents monsters from hitting you in melee, but it does not stop them from trying. Which means they’ll push you around as long as you have shield on. And if they push you into corner and shield runs out, it gets very ugly very fast. You could counter this pushing with your own movement, but that would mean you’re not attacking/using skills, which makes this whole shield thingy kinda pointless. I’m not saying it’s bad skill, but it definitely is annoying and requires getting used to. Since I don’t do a lot of PvP I respecced it out and never regretted it.

Why would you let enemies push you in the corner? And You can already cast 3 Fire bats in the Full duration on Bubble Shield, which only leaves Tough opponents like Golems, Though even golems mostly doesn’t survive that 3 Firebats.

Use it in Luring 10 – 30 melee enemies in a Map then use Bubble Shield, and kill them Instantly w/ Aoe spells but be careful in Luring too much enemies and Fast moving enemies like Mud balls.

Q: Does xp boost…
A: No! Shut up you n00b, xp boost doesn’t work with xp from PvP, so stop asking!

Most xp doesn’t come from Pvp and why would you Use it in Pvp? If you did, you’ll be left w/ 15 Vigor so you can only win about 4 Battles. That’s just dumb.

Flag Post
While it provides great protection and is quite useful in PvP, it’s extremely annoying in PvM. See kids, Bubble Shield prevents monsters from hitting you in melee, but it does not stop them from trying. Which means they’ll push you around as long as you have shield on. And if they push you into corner and shield runs out, it gets very ugly very fast. You could counter this pushing with your own movement, but that would mean you’re not attacking/using skills, which makes this whole shield thingy kinda pointless. I’m not saying it’s bad skill, but it definitely is annoying and requires getting used to. Since I don’t do a lot of PvP I respecced it out and never regretted it

if you can’t do attacks while moving, you should learn more. I do attacks while moving a lot, not normal attacks, but skills, thats one of offensive skills mostly useful for, other than to speed up your fight. But, you’re right, shield on PVM is almost a waste of points.

Q: I added friends like you told me and they didn’t appear! What happened? You suck!
A: I keep repeating it and everyone keeps ignoring it: remove all people with private profiles, they mess up adding friends. It’s Kong’s fault, not developers.

I lol hard for that confident statement, cause i’ve actually prove it wrong.

How?

I simply take the time to delete all my friends (hundreds is too long to look into one at a time, which private and which not). Not only it doesn’t fix it, cloudstone friendlist are proven to be outside of kong once its added. Sure, when we add them on kong as friend, they show up on kong cloudstone friends list, but when you remove them from your kong friends list, the one on kong cloudstone won’t be erased, and still showing the error as always. To test it out more, i actually add Silske as my first new friend, since i can see that other player have no problem having him show up on their cloudstone list, but it still not updating on my list. Therefore, you can stop being angry toward people who ask the devs about the error, since its definitely not due to adding any friend who uses kong private profile.

You should really test it out first before pushing an idea/opinion/assumptions toward people, otherwise they wont hear you more in the future.

In early stages there are more Rejuv Plants that you could possibly use, so HB is pointless. I suggest picking it around level 13 if by then you need some permanent source of healing. This way you can enjoy 1 point in tier 3 skill of your class ASAP. Unless you’re monk, then maxing HB first is probably good idea.
Improved Healing is, IMO, complete waste of points for non-monks. You won’t use HB in PvP anyway, and in PvE those 5 points are better spend in your class tree.

Fact is that HB used in PVP more than in PVE. Most of non-monk PVP Global top 15 uses HB. And you shoudn’t go acting know it all about PVP when you’re admitting yourself that you’re not doing much PVP. HB is also one factor that can change your AI from being easy to hard. HB is as useful as Spiketopus on PVP as it does allow you deal with players with more raw power, making no one is OP. If you have both Spiketopus and HB, only AI with weither one of those two skills or both can beat you. And IH does help a warmonk thats without much disciplines.

But you’re right that early on the game, only monks need HB. In later PVE though, HB does help a lot, even for non-monks, i can face 4-5 sasquishes without running because of HB and Spiketopus (and my sword too of course), one of it removed, 2 sasquishes is the most i can take on without running around.

Q: Why some people claim they have awesome build when in reality it sucks badly?
A: Because those dumbasses don’t realize that PvP is only 5% of this game and PvM 95% and their “amazing” build is completely useless outside of current implementation of PvP.

Data please. You can’t use statistical based argument if you can’t represent the data and how you process it into those statistical value. At the least, you got to know how many leagues there is in every season, not just based your calculation on Global Top 100, and your league, cause that will be give you a weak statistical calculation results. Why? because we all know that if we’re lucky enough to be put at a less competitive league, most of us wont likely to bother to be top 100 and compete for top 15 when we can be first place in league. Statistical argument on this game PVP is hard unless the devs willing to provide you with every data you need, or you’re one of the dev yourself.

Q: Why Seizan’s FAQ insult people?
A1: Because you suck, you n00b.
A2: Because I’m tired of stupid people who are too lazy to spend 5 seconds browsing wiki and ask the same question that was asked million times already. Not to mention idiots who ask stuff like “which class is best?”. If there was best class, don’t you think everyone would play it and all other classes would be pointless and it would be awful game nobody plays? Use common sense before you ask, you dumbass.

I once again lol hard at you for that statement lololololol

If you don’t like seeing stupid questions from lazy ass, don’t play any online based games, or just no need to go to forum at all, cause that’s bound to happen. You’re being stupid yourself for being angry at the very nature of the environment you’re joined into, when it’s absolutely your choice to join it or not. You got to live with the bads of every choices you make, as well as the benefits of it. That’s just what life have to offer, deal with it or leave it.

Q: What is best place to farm xp?
A: You don’t farm xp, it’s not monster drop. You can grind xp, but why would you do that is beyond me. Getting levels for levelling sake is completely stupid. In Cloudstone xp is just side-effect of farming items, most people hit current max lvl cap (40) long before they have crafts for even half the contracts.

Anything that’s not according to your standard, not equal as stupid. Life offers differences, of perspectives and preferrences, deal with it or leave it.

Q: Why there is no trading?
A1 (short): Because everything can be grinded by everyone in similar amount of time and there is no stat randomization on items.
A2 (long): Coming soon. Expect a lot of insults of your tiny brain which doesn’t understand how game economy works and how lack of gold sinks makes gold useless currency. Not to mention basic concept of supply and demand

A1 (short): you’re right, everyone got similar chance, but doesn’t means that newbies can’t get something that most oldbies (in this case, you) couldn’t at their level. Online in game trading is not about items stat randomization (you play Diablo too much, it shapes your perspective narrowly Diablo based), its about cooperative-playing, its about social playing. Online gaming mostly are about playing a game socially, no matter the genre. If you want to play solo all the time, offline games are better, why play online? :P

A2 (long): It seems you’re the one who don’t really understand how game economy works. For one, you can’t apply the lack of gold sinks makes the gold currency useless. In games, there’s no such thing as low limits of income, the limits of income in games are high, depends highly on the players daily activeness. That fact makes there’s no real lack of gold sinks concept in most games, especially games like cloudstone right now with gauntlets and wanted quests are basically can be used 24 hours non-stop without any break if you’re a no life. The seemingly lack of gold sink is only an illusion made by low amount of gold per job well done, while in actual it’s massive amounts of gold available from massize amounts of jobs can be taken within a day.

As for Basic Supply and Demand is that for every added demand, the price is raised respectively. Rules are what set the minimum and maximum price. That basic Supply and Demand law is also applicable to online in-game trading, with more demand, there’ll be less supply, making the item priced higher and higher for every lack of supply to counter the raise in demand.

To understand the science of economy is not to plainly knowing how it work and apply it without much thought, but also why it work like that in the first place. By understanding the why, you’ll understand that economy is highly factors based, and can’t be blindly applied on every situations with the mind set that it will work perfectly well everywhere.

Other than what i say above, i for one think you’re correct, though you need to work more with your temper and start learning the use of better words lol

Flag Post

Bump for helpfulness!

Flag Post

what are fame levels used for?

Flag Post

what are fame levels used for?

A: Right now, fame appears to have no use. The developers have stated that they will be giving it a use later on, however. I will update this answer once they do so.

Flag Post

Is there a reward for clearing all the gauntlet levels of one map?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlyingPachyderm:

Is there a reward for clearing all the gauntlet levels of one map?

A: Beyond the rewards that you get for clearing the fifth difficulty of a gauntlet, no, there are no additional rewards for clearing every gauntlet on an island.

Flag Post

Q: The game will not load for me ,
have refreshed and i used Google Chrome and Internet Explorer when i tried to start the game ?
( First time i tried was aprox 2 hours after the new update , that was 19 hours ago )

EDIT: It isnt only me that has this problem , as it can bee seen here :
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/193-cloudstone/topics/305206-game-wont-load-now

Thx =) V @ Kazecuden

Flag Post
Originally posted by SPIFF1:

Q: The game will not load for me ,
have refreshed and i used Google Chrome and Internet Explorer when i tried to start the game ?
( First time i tried was aprox 2 hours after the new update , that was 19 hours ago )

A: This problem may not be browser related, but if you have Firefox or another browser to try it with, then do so. Aside from that, there are multiple other steps you can take. Try clearing your cache (this can be done through the browser’s options/settings menu), restarting the computer, updating your Flash/Shockwave, and updating your video drivers. Another possibility (not sure, as I lack the information to tell) is that the game is just taking a while to load, so letting it sit for a while might work as well.

If all else fails, try logging on through another account. If the game starts up, then your problem would be account related, and you would likely have to contact either Fragsworth (here on Kongregate), or Doogog (on the official Cloudstone Forums).

Flag Post

how to change / refresh the list of friends available in-game ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by selenaelvira:

how to change / refresh the list of friends available in-game ?

I’m not sure if I understand the question correctly, but let me take a few swings at it.

A1: If you are referring to having the friend list update whenever you add a friend, then simply refreshing the game page will make everyone that you’d added through Kongregate show up on your friends list.

A2: If you are referring to the friends on your list not having their levels updated properly, that is simply a visual bug, one that has yet to be fixed.

Flag Post

How to put stuff on tables/bar at your home? Bought cheese and bowl and can’t put them on table. Can I do that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by vyvynet:

How to put stuff on tables/bar at your home? Bought cheese and bowl and can’t put them on table. Can I do that?

A: I’m not entirely sure, as I’ve never bothered to buy furniture for my farm (home), but from what I’ve heard from other players, it seems that we are unable to put objects on top of other objects, such as cheese on a table.

Flag Post

Do monks have a stun skill? I keep getting stunned by mages in pvp, and I want revenge ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

Do monks have a stun skill? I keep getting stunned by mages in pvp, and I want revenge ;)

Actually no, unfortunately, the only class to have stuns are Wizards. However, any other class can still stun by investing a few points into the Wizard skill tree, or you can try to aim into the top 3 for PvP and try to get a duckray, which works like a stun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

A: No, they don’t. Stun skills are exclusive to the Wizard skill tree. It is possible to put points into that tree in order to acquire stuns, however, because this requires a 10 point investment (5 in tier 1 skills, and 5 in Ice Spike for the longest stun of 1.7 seconds), it’s not recommended until at least level 26+, where you will have 25+ points to spend.