Forums Cloudstone

FAQ/AMA about Cloudstone page 2

68 posts

Flag Post

What’s the item Sea Stegasaurus Toy for?

Flag Post
Originally posted by mushroomleaf:

What’s the item Sea Stegasaurus Toy for?

Right now, nobody knows. I hear they’ve been on Facebook for a while, but are more recent to Kongregate. The developers definitely have an idea for them in the future, so it might be worth saving them if you can spare the space (they sell for 0 anyways, so selling them isn’t really worth it, anyways).

Flag Post

I will be taking a temporary leave of absence due to real life getting in the way. If there is a question that you need answered and aren’t already posted in this thread, feel free to ask and I will be answer when I have time, or if you want a more immediate answer, try asking one of the awesome veteran players in Cloudstone Game Chat Room #1. I’ll be back as soon as possible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazecuden:

I will be taking a temporary leave of absence due to real life getting in the way. If there is a question that you need answered and aren’t already posted in this thread, feel free to ask and I will be answer when I have time, or if you want a more immediate answer, try asking one of the awesome veteran players in Cloudstone Game Chat Room #1. I’ll be back as soon as possible.

Real life is no longer in the way. :P

Flag Post

Thanks for the post, very helpful. :)

Flag Post

Great post. Is there a way to reduce gauntlet cooldown? Because by the time cooldown goes off completing all 5 levels of gauntlet for equipment set will be no longer needed – you will be much higher level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by a3lex33:

Q: Is there a way to reduce gauntlet cooldown? Because by the time cooldown goes off completing all 5 levels of gauntlet for equipment set will be no longer needed – you will be much higher level.

A: There is no way to lower the Gauntlet cooldown, but it’s really not needed. You only out-level the equipment on Sassafras Island and Mudfalls Island rather quickly. Once you reach Glaciella, where most Gauntlet equipment is level 20, you’ll find that you don’t out-level it nearly as fast, unless your PvPing a lot. On Narwalimbus and beyond, the Gauntlet equipment will be much higher level than you, and you’ll likely have every piece of equipment before you’re at a high enough level to use it.

Flag Post

Are the items you get from completing a gauntlet worth it in the long run? It seems like they get outclassed very quickly, and I wonder if it’s worth taking the time to do them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Caesar2Times:

Q: Are the items you get from completing a gauntlet worth it in the long run? It seems like they get outclassed very quickly, and I wonder if it’s worth taking the time to do them.

A: As I answered in the previous question, the gauntlet rewards on the first two islands are generally not worth getting. However, Glaciella and beyond have some pretty decent equipment, especially the weapons.

Flag Post

A question about crops: The description for such harvested items says to sell now or wait for prices to rise. Do prices actually change daily, or is that just flavor text?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Caesar2Times:

A question about crops: The description for such harvested items says to sell now or wait for prices to rise. Do prices actually change daily, or is that just flavor text?

The prices change every few weeks, so you are likely better off just selling them now.

Flag Post

Here’s a question that may be due more to the game engine: Why, when searching for guilds, do they not show up when using the search option? Normally to find a guild I look in the tavern to see if anybody is openly promoting, or I ask if anybody is accepting. But when I type the guild name given out into the search function the guild doesn’t show up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by timestop19:

Q: Why, when searching for guilds, do they not show up when using the search option? Normally to find a guild I look in the tavern to see if anybody is openly promoting, or I ask if anybody is accepting. But when I type the guild name given out into the search function the guild doesn’t show up.

A: The guild search function is a bit buggy right now (as of this post). It’s case sensitive, and very picky about spacing, so make sure you are entering the name EXACTLY the same way it is spelled for the guild. Sometimes, in the Flying Pig, guilds advertising for people to join may not type the name correctly in chat. Also note that the Flying Pig is linked with Facebook so you may end up trying to apply to a guild that is on Facebook and not on Kong, which would also explain why it doesn’t show up.

Flag Post

How do I invite people to be in my guild? I feel like such an idiot for not knowing, so please tell me. Is there a special button or something?

Flag Post
Originally posted by link53092:

Q: How do I invite people to be in my guild? I feel like such an idiot for not knowing, so please tell me. Is there a special button or something?

A: By asking in chat. Give players the name of your guild and have them search for it on the Guild List, and then they apply to your guild from there. You can then view guild applicants and either accept or deny them.

Flag Post

You told me…
Q: What is a Servitor? How do I use it?
A: In order to use the Servitor, you must be in a guild. Then, simply equip it to your skill bar and either press the key it’s assigned to, or click it to activate. This will transform you into a Servitor for 20 seconds (longer if you have the Guild Perk that increases the duration). While transformed, you will gain a 50% bonus to your armor, and your entire skill bar will be replaced with two skills. Arcane Salvo, the first skill, deals damage in the targeted area equal to (Fury + Sorcery + Discipline) * 0.3. This skill has almost no cooldown and hits multiple times, so just hold down the key and spam the left mouse click. The second skill, Arcane Bombardment, deals damage in a line equal to (Fury + Sorcery + Discipline) * 0.5, and has a decently long cooldown.

If it’s based on your stats, what do you use the guilds power rating for?

Flag Post

I believe those stats that I posted are now incorrect, as it’s been nerfed a bit since that edit. I’ll have to find out the new formula soon. As for your question, the guild Power Rating has no effect on the Servitor. It’s simply based on total contribution between all members of the guild. I believe it’s roughly the sum of all members’ contribution points divided by ~46.

Flag Post

@Kazecuden

I tried using Servitor form and it was a total fail (almost) lol :D. Just how do ppl utilize it? May you help with some advice?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Player609:

@Kazecuden

I tried using Servitor form and it was a total fail (almost) lol :D. Just how do ppl utilize it? May you help with some advice?

Simply put, don’t use it. It’s 20 seconds of not being able to use Healbomb or potions. Sure, it increases your armor by 50% and has excellent range, but it’s just not that useful outside of a few clutch situations (like kiting a boss, for example. Dragon Rider, Woodchip, or the Trollgres are good bosses to kite).

Flag Post

Q: Do allies soak up some XP or should I always have one by my side?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Scud422:

Q: Do allies soak up some XP or should I always have one by my side?

A: No. Allies do not reduce the amount of exp, gold, or other drops that you find. Whenever a monster dies, you get the full amount of all exp/loot, even if you’re not the one that killed it. This also applies to friendly monsters, such as the Catra and Turtloids that help you in some missions, as well as summoned allies and Snowkin Snowldier/Magus summons from the Christmas event.

Flag Post

Q: What’s a good build to get through the first 10 levels of the rift?

I’m going for the hard badge. I’ve been playing for about a week, and I haven’t used my Potion of Amnesia yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EEPiccolo:

I’m going for the hard badge. I’ve been playing for about a week, and I haven’t used my Potion of Amnesia yet.

Maxed Healbomb skill worked good for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EEPiccolo:

A: It strongly depends on what level you are, your luck with curses/blessings, and of course, which combination of bosses you encounter on Floor 10. However, here is a build that will work well for Rift.

(Also, since you are only level 18 as of this post, I’d suggest getting up to at least level 25-30 before attempting to beat Floor 10.)

The build below is for a level 30 player. Skills are listed in order of acquisition, so if you’re not level 30 yet by the time you attempt the Rift, just level the skills up in the following order.

Monk
5/5 Healbomb
5/5 Improved Healing
5/5 Power Burst
5/5 Claw Mastery
5/5 Whirlywind
1/1 Spirit Mastery
3/5 Yoga

Total points: 29
Note: Use Spirit Mastery before Whirlywind for super high damage to groups of monsters and bosses.

Flag Post

Is the bat scrap ruby contract repeatable or a one-time thing?