Forums Cloudstone

DEVS: proposal to improve the mage class

12 posts

Flag Post

1. Power Surge
immediate regeneration HP and power (quantity depends on the sorcerery stat.!).
power – higher % sorc.
HP – lower % sorc.
or
1. Shield Bubble – sanctuary
additionally regeneration HP (quantity depends on the sorcerery stat.!).
regeneration HP not immediately (like Healbomb or Power Surge), but
duration regeneration HP = duration Shield Bubble

2. Too big difference between armor pure armor (epic and rare) class mage-warrior-monk.
pvp battle is a battle at close quarters !
duckray – stun
spiketopus – stun
flame strike – stun
haste – move speed
toadstool – move speed
charge – immediate teleportation every 10sec (!)
blink stone – - immediate teleportation every 12sec (!)
Mages need more armor

Please, correct it.

Flag Post

What I dislike is Monks have a similar amount of burst, have more armour avaliable to them, great source to Disc and good Disc scaling. Only downfall is being Melee, which is fine considering they also have good DPS and sustain.

Why am I mentioning Monks? Because Mages are supposed to be the bursty, glass cannon class, yet Monks do it better and can tank better. Only thing we have going is Range, yet everyone has access to that too…

What I think Mages need – some form of sustain, like HP regen as Selena mentioned. Or better scaling Glass Cannon is a viable option. Or just a blanket nerf to certain things that are too strong so Mages are actually capable of filling their role.

(Side note: Duckray IS OP, and should act as a polymorph, not a stun. Polymorph means they cannot attack/silenced but still are free to move. Helpless but not useless)

EDIT: Will it kill the Dev’s to add some much needed MOVESPEED (whether set bonus or base stats) on Mage’s gear? 10% Power is about the most useless thing I’ve seen yet.

Flag Post

=_=

Flag Post

why…We have Wizmonks 1st – you may use Healbomb while being a mage. Armor, It’s just identity of mage class, mostof mages in most of games have bad armors. If Shield Bubble or Power Surge Heals, It certainly will be OP. There are not only pure wiz here…

Flag Post

You know you’ve been away for long when one of latest topics is about improving class that was considered best. PvP is at close range when you’re mage? I’m sorry, but the only advice I can give you is l2kite. The only time my wizard was in melee range was against Charge using warriors, and if that bothers you too much just use Shield Bubble (or avoid fighting them, like I did).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:

You know you’ve been away for long when one of latest topics is about improving class that was considered best. PvP is at close range when you’re mage? I’m sorry, but the only advice I can give you is l2kite. The only time my wizard was in melee range was against Charge using warriors, and if that bothers you too much just use Shield Bubble (or avoid fighting them, like I did).

Implying we don’t kite

Charge is used every 10 seconds. Not only that – charge still damaged while Bubble shield is up.

Also, at Sephi, selena was implying a HoT, not a burst heal like monks.

And when in the world were Mages ever considered the best in PvP seizan. Talking out of you ass like usual. It has and always will be warriors as long as they hit the hardest and maintain a strong tankiness front.

Flag Post

Some players just like to complain…

Flag Post

I don’t think we need to buff mages, especially not this much. It seems people like to complain about charge a lot, why not just nerf that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

I don’t think we need to buff mages, especially not this much. It seems people like to complain about charge a lot, why not just nerf that?

Good idea. Let’s give it a fixed maximum range, or make it so that it doesn’t mini-stun/disrupt us when we get hit by it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

Whenever I suggest that it gets “omfg wut charge es fine guise, wariurs nid that cuz 2 low in skill tree” or in simpler terms “charge is fine, you’re bad”

1:1 fury scaling (inb4furyisbad, even though warriors often have 250+ fury) 10 second cooldown and a huge gapcloser. Not fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Toshiba54:

It’s quite obvious that wizards are naturally outmatched by the other classes when you battle as one in the arena.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alexthe4th:
Originally posted by Toshiba54:

It’s quite obvious that wizards are naturally outmatched by the other classes when you battle as one in the arena.

except when it’s not an ai and starts stunlocking/kiting.

Originally posted by Seizan_7:

I mean monks are starting to get armor and hp from claws starting with havoc, warriors got their (horrible) tier 5 skill and are already a bit op already, only thing missing now is a bit of support with wiz, even though ice bats should have been enough, not all players were able to receive it. some wiz-support wouldn’t hurt. though, the only problem i see with this is that players will start complaining about wizards having two specialties (stun and heal) while other classes only have one, and heals for wizards combined with protection/power regeneration may render monks useless.