Forums Cloudstone

ADD AUCTION HOUSE VOTE HERE page 2

51 posts

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post

I don’t think there’s enough items/equipment in the game right now to do any auction house/trading system.

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zironexium:

I don’t think there’s enough items/equipment in the game right now to do any auction house/trading system.

trust me there is, a lot of people want other people’s stuff. especially when they ALWAYS get stuff of different classes. +1 vote.

Flag Post

bump

Flag Post

Voted

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post

An auction house would also allow players to get back at least some of what they paid for gold equipment once it’s no longer needed. Granted, I feel that we will be seeing a lot of low level players putting items up for auction that they think are strong, but in reality will never be bought. =/ Perhaps require a player level of 25 before the auction house becomes available?

Flag Post

An auction house just wouldn’t work out for this game. Once you get to 30+, you’ll understand why.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazecuden:

An auction house would also allow players to get back at least some of what they paid for gold equipment once it’s no longer needed. Granted, I feel that we will be seeing a lot of low level players putting items up for auction that they think are strong, but in reality will never be bought. =/ Perhaps require a player level of 25 before the auction house becomes available?

yea, feature like auction house most times came with level requirement before available. lvl 25 seems good, since by then what people sell will be bought by lower level at the least.

Originally posted by GhoullyX:

An auction house just wouldn’t work out for this game. Once you get to 30+, you’ll understand why.

i’m 36, and i still see auction house will work out well. like Kazecuden says, its actually more useful if its available for players above lvl 25 to be the seller, while the buyer will come from all level, depends on what items on sale

if you’re worried about people sharing ruby and contract items, auction house can be limited to none ruby and none contract items only.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazecuden:

An auction house would also allow players to get back at least some of what they paid for gold equipment once it’s no longer needed.

No it wouldn’t. Gold is meaningless. Entire set takes 6 (2h weapon) or 7 (weapon+shiled) inventory slots that would be clogged untill someone decides to buy it. And no, items can’t go to AH storage, since it would allow people to cheat around inv limit and list items for 999999999 gold till they need them. So you’re willing to walk with 6 inv slots less just to earn some meaningless gold? I doubt that you find many players like that. If you want gold THAT bad, why not petition devs to up resell prices instead?

Originally posted by Naradan:
Originally posted by GhoullyX:

i’m 36, and i still see auction house will work out well.

Then give us examples. What would you trade for what? I’m tired of all those idiots and noobs who want AH just for trading sake. Give me examples of trades that would happen, and I’ll tell you exactly why you’re wrong.

its actually more useful if its available for players above lvl 25 to be the seller, while the buyer will come from all level, depends on what items on sale

So people have easier time boosting their alts? I think not. Alts, leeches and beggars are NOT a good reason for AH.

auction house can be limited to (…) none contract items

So what exactly we would trade? Red bikini for green one? You still don’t see how ridiculous that idea is? All useful items come either from shop (lvl 40 class sets), gauntlet (Eternal Emerald and Yetinothah for multiclass) or contracts (Yeti shield, Cape of the wild). All of those can be acquired by everyone in roughly same time, so what’s the point of trading? PvP items, the only random one worth looking for them (somewhat, depending on your build shop/gauntlet/random junk of slightly higher lvl is comparable or plain better) either drop in sufficient quantities that everyone has it (armour) or are so rare almost nobody has duplicates for trade (weapon & shield).

So once again, for all who want AH in Cloudstone: give me examples of useful trades in numbers so high it would justify coding feature that would require MAJOR code rewrite, or be forever known as idiots who don’t understand how economy and item drops work in this game.

Flag Post

VOTED.

Flag Post
Then give us examples. What would you trade for what? I’m tired of all those idiots and noobs who want AH just for trading sake. Give me examples of trades that would happen, and I’ll tell you exactly why you’re wrong.
So people have easier time boosting their alts? I think not. Alts, leeches and beggars are NOT a good reason for AH.
So what exactly we would trade? Red bikini for green one? You still don’t see how ridiculous that idea is? All useful items come either from shop (lvl 40 class sets), gauntlet (Eternal Emerald and Yetinothah for multiclass) or contracts (Yeti shield, Cape of the wild). All of those can be acquired by everyone in roughly same time, so what’s the point of trading? PvP items, the only random one worth looking for them (somewhat, depending on your build shop/gauntlet/random junk of slightly higher lvl is comparable or plain better) either drop in sufficient quantities that everyone has it (armour) or are so rare almost nobody has duplicates for trade (weapon & shield).

So once again, for all who want AH in Cloudstone: give me examples of useful trades in numbers so high it would justify coding feature that would require MAJOR code rewrite, or be forever known as idiots who don’t understand how economy and item drops work in this game.

For god sake, its not Barter House we’re voting for here, its Auction House…It seems you don’t understand what AH means, it means auctioning items for golds, not for other items. I never heard of auctions that uses barter method CMIIW.

Examples? i’ll give you a good example…i like to sell mages stuff i found to other players, so that not only i get to throw out things i never even need, i also help people getting what they actually need, for the price of gold bid. Now, do i need to spell each of the items name for your further idiocy sake?

And i do say that its none-contract and none-ruby, meaning gauntlets and arena items are amongst those that could be auctioned.

It really seems that you really just against anything that could potentially make newbies got a lower playing difficulties, hence more fun, than you were when you’re at their level. You just imply that you don’t want the game goes for the better when it means new players wont have to experienced the same amount of hardship you give to the game. So in short, if it’s you that got the easier experience, you’re okay, if you don’t enjoy it as much since you start earlier, you’re not okay, right?

What an ego….

So, now we know who’s the idiot all along, yea it’s Seizan lol

ps: i already tell you why your way of thinking on how economy work is flawed on one other thread, i won’t write it down again, and i forgot what thread. if you don’t read it, blame your idiocy :P

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

Bump and voted

Flag Post

I say yes to this, because it is rather ridiculous that gold is sucha useless thing in this game.. contract items can be salvaged if someone sells them and maybe someone might sell ruby gear for gold, but there has to be system where item can be upgraded imo.

Flag Post

For the auction house to be useful, stats on items should be randomized from drops. If stats were randomized, it would make drops like epic equipment, rare equipment, uncommon and common equipment more fun to pick up. There are very few drops that are rare, and IIRC, there are NO epic items that drop. Randomizing stats and basing the equipment rarity on these stats would give people more of a reason to grind high level areas to obtain better gear.

So if this happened, then YES, I would vote for AH, if not, then I don’t see a point. With this item system, items would be very useful, and gold would also be useful. I also second the idea of being able to empower gear in such a manner that you can increase any attribute multiple times for 500k gold per upgrade (i.e. +5 – 10 armor/disc/fury/sorc/DPS upgrade, upgrade level capped at 5)

Flag Post

+1 Yeah, why not.

Flag Post

VOTED

Flag Post

voted

Flag Post

I’m voting against this. :P