Forums Hero Zero

Donuts - character reset?

8 posts

Flag Post

I played this game in august 2012, when the game was released on kongregate.
At that point I spent some kreds on donuts and invested it into my guild.
Today I log on to see my character got reset, and I did not get the donuts back.
Could you look into it?
Why did my character get reset, and can I get a refund (preferably kreds :p)?

Flag Post

It’s in the Terms of Use that they can delete your character for inactivity. It’s highly doubtful that you can get a refund due to that fact.

Flag Post

Yes, but if you forgot to bring your computer on vacation and it was a LONG one (10 or so days) then they should give you an amount of donuts/coins/kreds for the week after and then after that they give you nothing

Flag Post

Why do you think they should give you anything for NOT playing their game?

Flag Post

this is only if you FORGOT to play

Flag Post

The fact remains that you are suggesting a reward for not playing.

Flag Post

no it’s a fraction of what you HAD before you stopped

Flag Post

I don’t think they’d delete your character if you were only away for 10 days anyway. But, basically, smartest thing to do is not to get deleted in the first place.

1. Don’t go inactive for a long time.
2. If you’ll be away for a long time, either:
a) consider logging in occasionally from your mobile/cell phone, or in an internet café or whatever;
b) give your acct details to someone else you trust so they can check in on your account occasionally so it won’t get flagged as inactive. If that person is logging in from a different IP address to yours, you may want to mail the support team, because different IP addresses using the same account may cause them to ban you. Apparently, they don’t mind someone else sitting your account as long as you warn them and it’s for no longer than a month, but you can always make up an excuse about temporarily changing addresses (e.g. staying with family) if you like.
c) send a message to the support team telling them how long you’ll be away and requesting that they don’t delete your character during this time.
3. If your account is banned for inactivity, try mailing the support team. Some character data does seem to remain on the servers after they delete a character as it’s possible to look at the profiles of deleted characters and they sometimes unban accounts. Therefore, there is some small hope they can recover your character, though they have no obligation to do this so don’t get too hopeful.