The Best EndGame Guardians

38 posts

Flag Post

Here’s a guide on how good(or bad) a guardian is. I’ve personally level up each guardian listed in here to 20 or more to figure out its level up type.

I’ll use the folowing rating:
Excellent: 2 level up type. One being Attack or S.Attack and the other being Defense or S.Defense
Good: 1 level up type being Attack or S.Attack
Unremarkable: Balanced type, or wrong level up type(example: S.Attack on a Normal type Guardian)
Please note that i am using the base stat with no bonus point added to reach my conclusions. Some of the Guardians i have rated as Unremarkable can actually end up being good with the bonus points added at the right place.

Rock
Rock is used mainly to counter Normal, therefore the 2 level up type we are looking for are S.Attack and Defense(S.Defense isn’t needed as normal type cannot use special attack).
Clayper / Serpebble / Boalder – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type are Defense and S.Attack which are perfect. At 30 he’ll finish just behind Plodder for S.Attack but with a huge bonus to defense.
Plodder / Strider / Crusher – Verdict: Good
Level up type is S.Attack and possibly Health. Has the best S.Attack and Health of all rock guardian but is missing the Defense that can be found on Clayper.
Rhocko / Kryhorn / Rockhing – Verdict: Unremarkable
Balanced type, will finish with a much lower S.Attack than the previous 2.
Gebble / Gembler / Grounder – Verdict: Unremarkable
Level up type are Attack and S.Defense both of which are useless versus Normal. With his high S.Defense and inherent Defense he’ll make a great tank though for those of you that cant be bothered to switch out guardian for the right counter.

Nature
Nature beat Water so we are looking for S.Attack and both type of Defense (Water guardian like Zaat use both normal and special attack).
Snippy / Snapdragon / Dragonthistle – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is S.Attack and Defense, perfect for our Nature guardian.
Vinibble / Vinibark / Barkicus – Verdict: Good
Level up type is S.Attack. Zaat can be troublesome for this guardian if he spam Normal attack.
Treedle / Treedoo / Treezer – Verdict: Good
Level up type is S.Attack. He’s like a slower Vinibble.
Orkkid / Orkhan / Orkillion – Verdict: Unremarkable
Balanced type, will finish with a much lower S.Attack than the previous 3.
Psilo / Psiwren / Psilock – Verdict: Unremarkable
Balanced type, awful S.attack.

Water
Water is used both versus Fire and Rock. We are looking for S.Attack and both type of Defense(Some guardian like Gebble mainly use normal attack).
Turtli / Tortor / Tortilla – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is S.Attack and Defense, perfect for our Water guardian.
TskTsk / Tukker / Tusker – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is S.Attack and Defense. Much like Turtli just slightly weaker.
Crabby / Crabbicle / Crusticon – Verdict: Good
Level up type is S.Attack. Gebble can be troublesome for this guardian if he spam Normal attack.
Squiddy / Squiddle / Squidzilla – Verdict: Unremarkable
Balanced type, will finish with a much lower S.Attack than the previous 3
Zaat / Zaatango / Zaatzilla – Verdict: Unremarkable
Level up type is Attack or maybe Balanced, either way its only use is to troll Nature guardian. Snippy however with his high Defense wont be trolled.

Flag Post

Fire
Fire is strong against Nature. Once again S.Attack and both type of Defense are welcome.
Mozzy / Zilly / Firefox – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is S.Attack and Defense, perfect for our Fire guardian.
Flicker / Flame / Inferno – Verdict: Good
Level up type is S.Attack. Has the highest S.Attack of all Fire guardian, but is missing the Defense that can be found on Mozzy.
Firball / Firslash / Firstomp – Verdict: Good
Level up type is S.Attack. Similar to Flame but has less S.Attack.
Bhadington / Bhadusa / Bhagoda – Verdict: Unremarkable
Balanced type, will finish with a much lower S.Attack than the previous 3.
Fizard / Fizzler / Fizzilla – Verdict: Unremarkable
Balanced type, pretty much like Bhadington.

Normal
Normal destroy Air. Since one of the Air guardian use Normal attack and the other one use Special, both type of Defense are useful. Add Attack to that and you’re set.
Heroic Puffer / Heroic Puffiscratch / Herroic Bobbinkat – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is Attack and Defense. This is the Best guardian to face off Wooter with.
Squilly / Squail / Squallard – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is Attack and S.Defense. Of all guardian he’s the best suited one to bring Whirly down. On a side note, he also finish second for best Attack slightly behind Heroic Feng(3 points less).
Lizzy / Lizfu / Lizilla – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is Attack and S.Defense. Much like Squilly but trade off some Attack for more S.Defence.
Puffer / Puffiscratch / Bobbinkat – Verdict: Excellent
Level up type is Attack and Defense. Same as Heroic Puffer, just weaker.
Heroic Feng / Heroic Fengal / Heroic Fenrir – Verdict: Good
Level up type is Attack. Best Attack of all but it’s important to note that Squilly, while having a few less Attack points, finish with a huge bonus to its S.Defence.
Feng / Fengal / Fenrir – Verdict: Good
Level up type is Attack. Same as Heroic Feng, just weaker.
Cubby / Lyon / Kingston – Verdict: Unremarkable
Balanced type, will finish with a much lower Attack than the previous 6.
BunBun / Rappid / Rabbsputin – Verdict: Unremarkable
Level up type is S.Defense. Best S.Defense of all Normal guardian, terrible attack. I’m not even sure if he could take down a Whirly.
Mooky / Kowa / Oxin – Verdict: Unremarkable
Level up type is Health. Terrible everything, other than health of course.

Air
Currently there’s only 2 Air guardians, both working in an entirely different manner. Air isn’t strong against anything but for some reason hit really hard. Level up type to look for: Defense, S.Defense, Attack for Wooter and S.Attack for Whirly.
Wooter / Clawbird / Serpird – Verdict: Good
Level up type is Attack. He’s similar to a Normal type guardian, but is weak to Normal instead of Rock. If i was to rank it with the Normal type he would be just after Feng for having a lower Attack but more Speed.
Whirly / Whirlin / Whirvish – Verdict: N/A
Level up type is S.Attack. This particular guardian leave me puzzled. It has a normal S.Attack that can be founded on any S.Attack level up type elemental guardian, yet hit like a truck. Until i get more data or actually use it in a fight i’ll leave its rating to N/A.

Flag Post

Interesting. Simply looking at the different guardian stats from the “Guardians” link given in-game, I personally tried comparing all of each type together to determine what “endgame” team I am going to attempt to get. From my best estimations, I plan on getting Clayper to a Boalder for my rock type (mentioned as Excellent here) and Snippy to Dragonthistle for my nature type (mentioned as Excellent here). I also plan on Mozzy to Firefox for a fire type and Lizzy to Lizilla for a normal type (both of which top of the list on your “coming up soon” second post, making me expect them to be labeled as Excellent as well), so it looks like the stats there do, in fact, compare with how good guardians are going to be for the most part.

Yes, I know the endgame team I want to get is missing a water type, but I personally think that my favorites from the other categories look cooler, and that’s enough for me.

Anyway, tlo, congratulations on getting so many guardians to level 20 within a week of this game getting on Kong. I don’t even have 5 that strong yet.

Flag Post

I dont have all the Fire and Normal guardian pass 20 yet, that’s why it’s “coming up soon” :P I’m being lazy atm but should be done in 2-4 days.

You are somewhat correct concerning the Fire and Normal already being in order of strongest to weakest. With the limited info a have for now, that’s how i see them falling into place. Once I have all of them pass 20 i’ll add more info and some of these will most likely move around a bit.

Flag Post

Very nice topic, well done.

Flag Post

very nice, is there a wiki for this game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

very nice, is there a wiki for this game?

http://mysticguardians.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Guardians_Wiki

Not that hard to find. Just google “Mystic Guardians Wiki”
Not much material on it yet though.

Flag Post

What about the two wind guardians?

Flag Post

Will be adding them last.

Flag Post

I’d just like to add that this falls in line with the data I’ve been collecting. :)

Flag Post

This needs a sticky.

Flag Post

I don’t understand this “Guardian” link that is provided in the game, though: http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?action=guardians&page=db

Clearly the stats given for each guardian there are way off from what actually occurs. I have guardians that sometimes do exactly the opposite of what that link says they should do. It makes it hard to pick ones you want to train for the long haul.

I was aiming for a Bhagoda and a Psilock in my party because their stats are through the roof on that site, so I’m glad I read this thread before I tried to get them.

Flag Post

TZ, those stats are just the base stats for each guardian at level 1—so no indication on how they grow. :P

Flag Post

What about the stats for their evolved states on that site? Clearly those guardians wouldn’t be level 1.

Flag Post

awesome work!
congrats

Flag Post

Uhm… this guide is based entirely on how good is a guardian against the opposite type, but when I went through the Gym in Vale I totally hated Gebbles. They were naturally resistant to normal attacks, they had hefty SDef and pretty high HP, and they spammed Sand Storm non-stop. My team lacks a water guardian, and more than once a single lucky Gebble was able to slowly wipe out half of my party before dying. I don’t know how powerful it would be at level 30 against other level 30 guardians, but it seemed to me that it could stall and destroy pretty much every non-water foe of the same level. This means that if you have a nature guardian in your team you covered ANY weakness by using just two guardians out of four, so the last two can be pretty much everything you want. This is a mere speculation, I reached the desert just a couple of hours ago, however I don’t think that’s possible to evaluate guardians by only considering how good they are at smashing the type of enemy they’re explicitly designed to smash.

Flag Post

Do rock attacks utilize ‘Attack’ or ‘Special Attack’ stats? In Pokemon they were Attack.

Flag Post

Rock attacks use the Special Attack stat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Luciferoh:

Uhm… this guide is based entirely on how good is a guardian against the opposite type, but when I went through the Gym in Vale I totally hated Gebbles. They were naturally resistant to normal attacks, they had hefty SDef and pretty high HP, and they spammed Sand Storm non-stop. My team lacks a water guardian, and more than once a single lucky Gebble was able to slowly wipe out half of my party before dying. I don’t know how powerful it would be at level 30 against other level 30 guardians, but it seemed to me that it could stall and destroy pretty much every non-water foe of the same level. This means that if you have a nature guardian in your team you covered ANY weakness by using just two guardians out of four, so the last two can be pretty much everything you want. This is a mere speculation, I reached the desert just a couple of hours ago, however I don’t think that’s possible to evaluate guardians by only considering how good they are at smashing the type of enemy they’re explicitly designed to smash.

Cool thoughts! At the moment I don’t think anyone really knows how endgame plays out very well, so it might be that Gebble + a Nature type plus two others is a really good team. I think that these conclusions definitely apply to just about any trainer you face outside of the PVP arena though, and that’s the majority of the gameplay.

The other half of it is the damage formula, which weights attack twice as much as defense. There’s a lot to consider still—check out the spreadsheet for data and see if you have any thoughts!

Flag Post

I don’t see how Firstomp is better than Fizzilla. In the 3rd evolution stage, Firstomp is pretty much balanced but Fizzilla has very high attack and sp attack

Flag Post

anger to see wind guardians comparative

Flag Post
Originally posted by kwndnl:
Originally posted by Luciferoh:

Cool thoughts! At the moment I don’t think anyone really knows how endgame plays out very well, so it might be that Gebble + a Nature type plus two others is a really good team. I think that these conclusions definitely apply to just about any trainer you face outside of the PVP arena though, and that’s the majority of the gameplay.

The other half of it is the damage formula, which weights attack twice as much as defense. There’s a lot to consider still—check out the spreadsheet for data and see if you have any thoughts!

This^

When the 4th Gym is added, following this guide will let you breeze through the new content.

On a side note about Gebble, my Crusticon can kill 2 of those back to back and I imagine it’s the same scenario for Turtli and TskTsk. My Fenrir can also kill Gebble one on one with Impale.

Yes Gebble can pretty much slowly but steadily work thru 4 guardian if he dosen’t meet any of the Normal or Water that can pose a problem for it. However, the same can be said for Fenrir. He’ll destroy 4 guardian back to back as long as he doesn’t meet a rock and do so much faster than the Gebble.

Flag Post

So I was leveling my Tortor from 20 to 23 and got +1 S.Attack 3 time in a row. Bad luck? I dont think so. What seem more plausible to me is that when my Turtli evolved into Tortor at 18 it was assigned a new level up type and that each of the 3 evo level per guardian has their own level up type. If that’s the case, then it might not be the best thing to evolve some of these guardian right away.

It would also mean this guide is totally inaccurate and only really show the level up type of the first evo level of each guardian. Figuring out the level up type of the 2nd and 3rd evo would require a tremendous amount of work that i’m not ready to put in. If DJArtsGames ever release the info on the level up type, then I’ll update this guide with the accurate information.

Flag Post

This game is such a grind once you get past level 20. I don’t know how you can put in so much time to level so many guardians that high. I’ve got 4 over 26 and it took like 30 or 40 hours. The game has lost almost all enjoyment due to the grinding once you get to the desert.

Flag Post

keeping this thread alive :)